Gollum Premium Format, Link to waitlist in 1st post...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Gollum PF Coming!

and we hope to unveil the next LOTR PF a little after SDCC.

Looks like we have one more coming this year. :lecture

I'd bet that Gollum is the PF they'll be unveiling a little after SDCC. That is, show pictures. I doubt we'll see Gollum at SDCC.

Woodsy,

Thanks for the refresher on the Q&A! I guess I was thinking about the PF's that have been announced are listed for Q3 and Q4 shipping for 2010 so any future pre-orders might fall into 2011...at least my checkbook hopes so!!!

This has been a great couple of months as a LOTR collector, and has been fun to be more active on the board too.:hi5:

but I think my work server is onto me and is blocking the site during the day...:(

I'd bet that Gollum is the PF they'll be unveiling a little after SDCC. That is, show pictures. I doubt we'll see Gollum at SDCC.

It was stated in a recent Q&A that the PF following the ML will be an Orc.

Hopefully should be inexpensive. I'm looking forward to seeing if it comes with interchangeable "Gollum / Smeagol" heads.

I'd say that's a must for a PF of Gollum... and they seem willing to do the interchangeable heads, arms, hands etc on previous pieces.

It would be cool if they attempted real hair on him, versus sculpted strands to give him a more realistic look.

I can fully get behind this announcement, to date I think the SSW bust and Smeagol piece have been the best representations; but I want something in a larger scale (or in the case of the bust, a full figure). :hi5:

I'd say that's a must for a PF of Gollum... and they seem willing to do the interchangeable heads, arms, hands etc on previous pieces.

It would be cool if they attempted real hair on him, versus sculpted strands to give him a more realistic look.

Good point regarding the real hair. It would look great and seems easy to do. (just a few long strands here and there.)

I can fully get behind this announcement, to date I think the SSW bust and Smeagol piece have been the best representations; but I want something in a larger scale (or in the case of the bust, a full figure). :hi5:

I agree. The SS/Weta bust is one of my favorites. I also love how his hand is on the base itself. That was a very cool touch.

Should look cool and my guess is something right around $200. Simple design really for a character.

Should look cool and my guess is something right around $200. Simple design really for a character.

No way, not if the current maquette prices taught us anything.

No way, not if the current maquette prices taught us anything.

I didn't say it would be $200. I said around. A lot depends on the base/exclusive item and all that kind of thing. If I have to get nailed down to a price. I'm gonna say $250-$275.

As far as the maquette price. No different than the D9 statue @ $250 huh? Like I said thats the market.

I didn't say it would be $200. I said around. A lot depends on the base/exclusive item and all that kind of thing. If I have to get nailed down to a price. I'm gonna say $250-$275.

As far as the maquette price. No different than the D9 statue @ $250 huh? Like I said thats the market.

So nearly $75 more than $200 then :lol , it won't be any cheaper than Frodo which was $250 some years back.

As for the D9 piece, I think the pricing has to do with ES but that is a whole other matter - and it doesn't neccesarily mean that I think it is priced right.

So nearly $75 more than $200 then :lol , it won't be any cheaper than Frodo which was $250 some years back.

Could be yeah but I said around $200 possibly not that it would be. I think $250 is a pretty safe bet.

As for the D9 piece, I think the pricing has to do with ES but that is a whole other matter - and it doesn't neccesarily mean that I think it is priced right.

It may play in some but I don't buy that as a major reason. Thats the market for the most part with exceptions of course. Just find it funny that there seems to be a bit less uproar about the price of that than say Aragorn.

Last edited:

I am very happy to see this is up and coming.
However, I would like to see Boromir PF and Gimli PF on my shelf before a Gollum PF.

Gollum at $250+????

They will sit in the warehouse until the next Gift Card, Spooktacular, Fantacular, etc., give-aways... :monkey1

The base would have to be something incredible to justify that price on a loin-clothed, bare-boned figure. (even with interchangeable Gollum/Smeagol heads.)

Thats why I could see him around $200. The thing is there hasn't been a PF that cheap in a long while. So thats why I tend to lean more towards $250. If it comes with both options I could see that for sure. As I keep saying this is the market.

Another must have character, but with SS's reluctance to commit to the Fellowship in PF form (in the Q+A's they seem to think the new 1/6 line will suffice :mad:) this may well be my last PF :lecture

What was all that just then about the new 1/6 line? :google

What was all that just then about the new 1/6 line? :google

The maquette line is being touted as a means to get a complete Fellowship whereas SSC will not commit the same level of certainty to the PF range, which is supposed to be the 'flagship' line in any range. I still would rather see the Fellowship in PF....not a new line is all :dunno

As for Gollum.
Keep him simple. No exclusives or switch outs. Just him squatting on his pool side rock caressing the one ring in his open palm.

The only thing that could distinguish a PF of Gollum and a statue would be his little loin cloth and possible straggles of hair. Unless they plan on making a switich out head and possibly a switch out arm as well, I can't see this being over $200. It they make too elaborate of a base, then it won't really go with the rest of the PFs.

Also, if they make switch out heads and arm, how would it be seamless?

Back