Crysis 2 (For PC, PS3, and Xbox 360)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To you maybe. 'True gamers' prefer solid single player games.

Look at mr. panties-in-a-twist. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. You are the farthest thing from a true gamer on these boards.

You obviously have no clue what Crysis is about. No one cares about Crysis Multiplayer, it's all about the free-roaming open-world single-player.

Quit living in the past. If no cared about a multiplayer experience then they wouldn't make one fool.

Quit living in the past. If no cared about a multiplayer experience then they wouldn't make one fool.

This kind of logic is exactly what's keeping companies milking their **** into the ground.

You obviously have no clue what Crysis is about. No one cares about Crysis Multiplayer (proved by the lack of support and community within it), it has always been about the free-roaming open-world single-player.

Your comments are often very ignorant... I'm not sure how much you know about games and the trend.

Look at the market right now. It's a pool of derivatives and ****. And people wonder why creativity seems to be dying in the industry. It has been getting worse and worse. Just because the mass market is buying doesn't mean it's good.

Look at mr. panties-in-a-twist. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. You are the farthest thing from a true gamer on these boards.

Lol. What the hell is a true gamer? It's like it's a term you use to try and make yourself seem better than everyone else and you attach yourself to it for a status. No one cares how many consoles you own or which is better, single or multiplayer. I buy consoles, I buy games, I play them. I am a gamer. There's no such thing as a true gamer.

Your comments are often very ignorant... I'm not sure how much you know about games and the trend.

Look at the market right now. It's a pool of derivatives and ****. And people wonder why creativity seems to be dying in the industry. It has been getting worse and worse. Just because the mass market is buying doesn't mean it's good.

More than you. You think I don't know his stuff? How many great games have flown under the radar to be praised by gamers but sell poorly? A LOT. The market is ____ because games most games are ____. There are no original ideas anymore and every other damn game is a play it close to chest sequel with no originality.

Lol. What the hell is a true gamer? It's like it's a term you use to try and make yourself seem better than everyone else and you attach yourself to it for a status. No one cares how many consoles you own or which is better, single or multiplayer. I buy consoles, I buy games, I play them. I am a gamer. There's no such thing as a true gamer.

Spoken like a true non-true gamer.

Lol. You are hilarious man. You stay in your made up gaming world that no one cares about. You know nothing about games at all. The fact you just admitted to reading and watching reviews about Homefront and laughing to yourself because they are picking a game apart that you won't ever play because you buy into reviewers opinions. You are a naive sheep who will only buy and play the CODs and Halos. Why don't you join Gamefaqs? you'd fit right in with all the other trolls on there.

Lol. You are hilarious man. You stay in your made up gaming world that no one cares about. You know nothing about games at all. The fact you just admitted to reading and watching reviews about Homefront and laughing to yourself because they are picking a game apart that you won't ever play because you buy into reviewers opinions. You are a naive sheep who will only buy and play the CODs and Halos. Why don't you join Gamefaqs? you'd fit right in with all the other trolls on there.

I don't think you have a clue on what you are talking about. Give me a demo them THQ if they think Homefront is so strong, prove it to me. Life is too short to buy ____ty video games.

For the record I do not like Halo at all, stop generalizing. I'm a naive sheep who will only buy COD and Halo really? Is that why I'm currently playing Okami, Flow, and Heavy Rain right now? Sure it is.

If you were a true gamer you would have bought these games when they were originally released. Just keep the responses coming. I got plenty of ammo.

If you were a true gamer you would have bought these games when they were originally released. Just keep the responses coming. I got plenty of ammo.

I've had them on my back catalog for awhile. Righttt. I downloaded flow over a year ago, I just got back into it. I'm replaying through heavy rain for the third time and last year with so many big games out had wanted to wait for a price drop. Anyway I need not validate my reasons to you.

Way to derail the thread into a pissing match when I simply stated that multiplayer is where it's at you went on a personal vendetta to prove .....something!?

I wanted to talk about crysis 2's multiplayer, you wanted to act a fool.

I got bored Reading your last post especially after the bit where you said multiplayer is where it's at. If that's what you like then cool but a true gamer will always prefer single player. A true gamer appreciates games pre-goldeneye.

Alright. I'll chime in among all the attacks and give my honest opinion on what may be the difference between a "gamer," and a "true gamer." Like I said this is all opinion, so if you say I'm "wrong" in my opinion, you have no idea what an opinion is.

Gamer- The guy who buys every iteration of Call of Duty and Halo every year....and mostly nothing else. They play online with their buddies every night and have a good time. Hooray for them.

True Gamer- Person who has perhaps grown up playing games and has a strong appreciation for them, whether it be for the stories, intense action, fun, moving moments, etc... They also have an appreciation for both single player AND multiplayer aspects, yet can still have a preference among the two. Also usually doens't like to see either aspect HELD BACK because of the other. True gamers are also usually prone to supporting new IP's and ideas in video games, and are looking for video games to grow, rather than be stuck in a repetetive cycle where the same game is released every year under a new title (yes, I'm taking a jab at COD.)

I'm pretty sure everyone on this board are true gamers, as I do often see people speek passionatly about what they like and don't like. Most attacks of "you're not a true gamer" I've seen on this forum are absolute bull. Quit being a bunch of babies. You're all true gamers... unless you keep attacking each other. Then you're just weiners.

Alright. I'll chime in among all the attacks and give my honest opinion on what may be the difference between a "gamer," and a "true gamer." Like I said this is all opinion, so if you say I'm "wrong" in my opinion, you have no idea what an opinion is.

Gamer- The guy who buys every iteration of Call of Duty and Halo every year....and mostly nothing else. They play online with their buddies every night and have a good time. Hooray for them.

True Gamer- Person who has perhaps grown up playing games and has a strong appreciation for them, whether it be for the stories, intense action, fun, moving moments, etc... They also have an appreciation for both single player AND multiplayer aspects, yet can still have a preference among the two. Also usually doens't like to see either aspect HELD BACK because of the other. True gamers are also usually prone to supporting new IP's and ideas in video games, and are looking for video games to grow, rather than be stuck in a repetetive cycle where the same game is released every year under a new title (yes, I'm taking a jab at COD.)

I'm pretty sure everyone on this board are true gamers, as I do often see people speek passionatly about what they like and don't like. Most attacks of "you're not a true gamer" I've seen on this forum are absolute bull. Quit being a bunch of babies. You're all true gamers... unless you keep attacking each other. Then you're just weiners.

:lecture Well said, and I especially like your last sentence. As for COD, I hope that Infinity Ward adds more focus on the single player storyline for Modern Warfare 3.

Anyway.......... I just found my old copy of the Crysis Special Edition for the PC. It's sad that I was never able to play the game, because my desktop PC was just not powerful enough :monkey2. I'm crossing my fingers in hopes that the first game will get a PS3 release.

SSC_Nerd bringing down the hammer! Of reason, that is.

I have a Power Glove. Am I a true gamer, guys?

Not to get in the middle of this, I just want to state that I have no interest in Crysis multiplayer. This is not an outright dismissal of Crysis 2 multiplayer's quality, but just like with games such as Bioshock 2 or Dead Space 2, sometimes a multiplayer mode set in a universe I strongly associate with a good single player experience just doesn't interest me. More power to the rest.

I'm pretty stoked for Crysis 2. I've recently ordered a couple of new parts for my pc in anticipation.

I'm getting Crysis 2. Just love the genre. From what I've seen, it looks like the campaign is gonna be boss. Online is iffy looking. Spamming invisibility and armor all game long sounds like it could get boring. Might be awesome though..Who knows. I look forward to finding out.

I'm getting Crysis 2. Just love the genre. From what I've seen, it looks like the campaign is gonna be boss. Online is iffy looking. Spamming invisibility and armor all game long sounds like it could get boring. Might be awesome though..Who knows. I look forward to finding out.

I don't think it would get boring but annoying if everyone was running around with invisibility on. The run ability being limited to the suit power is kind of dumb though, I hope they fix that.

Back