WWE All-Stars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Played the demo tonight and loved it. I've stopped watching it on TV but it was nice to play a wrestling game again. I remember all the great games on the N64 and it brought back some of those memories for me.

Ahhh the N64, back in the good old days before graphics were the be all and end all of gaming comversations, before rampant internet hype, when gameplay and horrible graphics were king

So many great & genre defining games... WWF No Mercy, Rogue Squadron, Goldeneye, Donkey Kong 64, Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie and so many others

The N64 wrestling games were awesome. WCW/NWO Revenge, WrestleMania 2000, No Mercy. I just couldn't get into the Smackdown! games on my PS2. Sure the wrestlers were a lot more realistic looking, but I preferred the smoother animations and controls of the N64 games.

I haven't watched wrestling in years, but WWE All-Stars is the wrestling game I've wanted since No Mercy was released 11 years ago. If the game only had current wrestlers I wouldn't have any interest, but the great selection of legends make this a must have for me.

Yeah, I loved all those old wresting games. Smackdown sucked IMO.; I hated how all the finishers where like activating cut scenes. They looked cool the first time, but they were always the same.

The demo just gets better with each match I play. I'm really enjoying it now that I've got the controls down and I can't wait to be able to try the other wrestlers. I went to Gamestop and pre-ordered for the 360 this morning. Gotta have the Million Dollar Man.

I went from thinking that this looked like a big waste of time to thinking that this could be just the type of wrestling game that I've been waiting for...we'll see how it plays on Tuesday!

my thoughts exactly.

Yep, I'm all over it. Played the demo and loved it, I made sure that I got it preordered so I can get the Million Dollar Man!

IGN review is up...

I agree for the most part, replicating moves is difficult, but it doesnt feel like youre supposed to replicate them, other beat'em ups have character specific moves and combos, this is more easy going and supposed to be fluid not strategic.

The reversals seem to be based mainly on luck at hitting them at the right time, that should be fixed, a small tutorial about attacks and grapples and so forth would be good, and everthing else is fine.

LOL at the youtube comments of the video review, how can people be so dense to think that the wrestlers "dont look real" or "too buff", they really just dont get that its intentional, like the devs screwed up or something.

I hope this does well otherwise SVR will just continue pumping out the same old crap.

ive been tempted to check this out, really like the old wrestling games back in the day (nes, pro wrestling was my personal fave, anyone remember star man??)

I'm going to wait for a price drop on this, it's fun and all...But even playing the demo get's boring quick, because matches are about 5 minutes long...just another fighting game to sit on the shelf after a while.

I'm going to wait for a price drop on this, it's fun and all...But even playing the demo get's boring quick, because matches are about 5 minutes long...just another fighting game to sit on the shelf after a while.

Yeah, the demo was enough for me and it was pretty repetitive.

Nice sig ringer Hopefully we finish the job and win the cup this year i like our chances its looking good for the phils too.

Must be a Florida thing. :huh

sheenhaters.gif

Last edited:
Back