Crysis 2 (For PC, PS3, and Xbox 360)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! :rock

I really wish this series would get more attention. Instead of buying CoD for the 20th time, try Crysis!

I'm sure it will. The first game was a kick in the balls for computers, and kind of limited the audience that could play it. I didn't have a computer capable until a year after its release. Loved it!! I just hope they don't dumb it down (gameplay) for the 360/PS3.

Crysis is one of the few games where I can say graphics do matter.

From what I've seen so far, they haven't improved much visually (it actually looks a bit worse). Keep hoping they're just holding back on showing PC footage... getting more and more nervous...

Crytek's been using mostly 360 footage in their trailers and press materials. Makes sense, but at least show some love for PC gamers.

I'm thinking about upgrading my pc in time for the game's release. I can run Crysis Warhead at reasonably good settings, I hope it won't take much more $$$ to do the same with Crysis 2.

With the new i7 computers everywhere I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the PC graphics will make you jizz in your pants.

I think it'll take a new graphics card if you want true pants-jizzing graphics. The core i7 processors do add a good bump in performance, but from what I've read it's not a huge bump over popular dual core and quad core cpus from even a couple years ago.

For graphics intensive games, the emphasis is almost always on the GPU. My Radeon 4870 can't cut it anymore. :(

https://www.xbox360achievements.org...layer-Demo-Coming-to-Xbox-Live-Next-Week.html

n the latest episode of EA's tepidly named, EA PWNED, EA announced that a Crysis 2 multiplayer demo would be heading to Xbox Live on January 25th - the same day as the Bulletstorm demo.

Details were scant on the multiplayer demo aside from the date, with presenter, Matt Cuttle, only revealing it would be including some 6 player team action.

That my friends is it... if you fancy busting out Crysis 2's 6 on 6 multiplayer action from the comfort of your own home, next Tuesday's the date. Put it in the diary folks.

Crysis 2, which ships with 12 maps according to the ticker in the latest episode of EA PWNED, is currently scheduled for March 22nd and March 25th in North America and Europe respectively.

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/n5-sw6NRiKc?fs=1&hl=en_GB&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/n5-sw6NRiKc?fs=1&hl=en_GB&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Demo is out--I'm really impressed by the graphics that they're able to have on the console. Gameplay is very interesting. It's much like COD, but you have the added element of the Nanosuit. It's much easier to use the powers too.

In Crysis 1 you would have a dial menu come up which would then choose which mode you want to go into, for this you just activate that action. So to run fast you click the left stick, and to activate armor you use the left shoulder button, and stealth you use the right shoulder button. And you can use strength in your regular actions--jumping and such.

And again, it looks great. I think my only issue is that it's 6v6 which is a bit light and I think it'd be better with more.

I'll be still getting it for PC though--only way to play.

Can't wait until this downloads, seems like everyone else has been playing all day. Some people work ya know!

So I played it and nothing really jumps out at me as being above average, it all felt pretty vanilla. I thought Crysis 2 was suppose to be gorgeous but it just kinda looked like every other shooter and felt well just like any other shooter.

Killzone 3 is my shooter this winter/spring.

Last edited:
Yeah it's gorgeous... on the PC.

Part of the fun is playing with the physics of the game and creating your own ways to destroy your enemies. Well, it was for the first game... dunno how far they were able to push the tech on consoles for the second (the physics were very demanding).

Preordered for the PC.
Hope I can run it without problems since the minimum requirements are more or less the same as Crysis 1.

imo unless you can run it a max. spec on pc then just get it for a console cause at least it's guaranteed to work

ps. interesting that no PS3 footage has been shown yet

Trust tried the demo. THe controls were weird and a bit laggy. That's definitely out of character for the game. Hopefully that's not the case for single player because the original Crysis controlled like a dream. I did like that some of the suit power controls have been streamlined since Warhead though.

Preordered for the PC.
Hope I can run it without problems since the minimum requirements are more or less the same as Crysis 1.

I doubt it, but Crytek have said in the past that the CryEngine used for C2 is a lot more scalable than the original engine for Crysis. You might be able to get away with the same settings, but I worry my Intel q6600 and Radeon 4870 will get me far. :(

In the end I think it'll depend on how much of a difference rendering a urban city is to rendering a full scale jungle rich with foliage. The difference in setting might dictate performance. Who knows.

Is this Crytek's first time working on consoles? They don't seem to be doing very well.

I believe so. Hopefully they can fix it before launch.

I'll be getting the pc version anyway so it could be a moot point for me.

Back