Crysis 2 (For PC, PS3, and Xbox 360)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For good??? Like officially or because all companies suck in maintaining online games??

If so must be the shortest demo in history

Well wasn't it more like a multiplayer beta than a demo? The game comes out tuesday, it makes no sense for it to be up at the same time. I swear it's been up on the 360 since Match 1st or so.

Only PS3 owners got shafted. Where it was up like a day and was taken down due to issues.

Downloading Crysis 2 thru the EA store as I type this now. About 1 more hour to go, before I can play the game.

Will share my thoughts on it once I've installed it.

On another note, EA Store download is pretty fast about 1.5mb/sec for me. I usually only get half of that when downloading from steam. Oh and EA Store gave me a 100% off coupon to buy Crysis 1...it's a pity I can't gift it away cos I already own Crysis 1 on Steam.

Iv played the ps3 version and felt a little let down by the graphics.
I read that the ps3 would be the better version but i also played the 360 beta and although a different level, It looked better imo but would like to see the same level on the ps3.
If you have killzone 3, you will feel a little let down graphically with this.

The PC versions will always have the upper-hand in graphics. Crysis 2 demo looked amazing on my PC. Will first check out the reviews on the single player before I pick it up, though.

But I certainly hope that it's more open ended (less linear in progression) than Crysis was. I hope it's closer to FarCry2 in terms of openess and expanse. I STILL play FarCry2 (on the PC) and love how the "missions" are open ended. Get from A to B any which way you want, and not be funneled along like the other 99% of FPS missions.

The footage I have seen of the campaign looks unbelievable(more so than KZ3)...and that was on console versions. I'll be curious to see the reviews on this one...

The footage I have seen of the campaign looks unbelievable(more so than KZ3)...and that was on console versions. I'll be curious to see the reviews on this one...

Id not seen killzone in front of me and we fired it up straight after crysis and it blew me away.
It will get a good review as its a great game but i thought it would be the best looking console game to date but it isnt.

Upon launching the game, it was automatically updated to version 1.1, I can't tell exactly what the update was, as there was no files stating the specific update.

Graphics Options
Resolution
VSYNC
High - Very High -Extreme
No indication of whether you are running DX11 or DX9 nor any other options to tweak graphics settings.That said, the game still runs pretty smooth on Extreme even though I do not have a very powerful GPU.

My specs
Win7 64 bit
Intel Core i7 930 @2.80GHz
Ram:6GB
Nvdia Geforce GT330 4GB
Average FPS
Extreme - 20 to 30
Very High & High - 35 to 60 (not much difference between this 2)

Cryengine 3 also loads a lot faster as compared to the original Crysis & Warhead.

To me the game looks amazing, the Urban Jungle looks really good, improvement in textures/lighting/shadows over the original Crysis. You still get to see some very realistic foliage/trees/leaves/grass at certain areas. The game looks good & runs great on any settings, so ppl who don't have a very powerful rig can most certainly enjoy it too.

Game play wise, it's very similar to Crysis 1 but you get a lot more moves like sliding, power kick & stealth kill (one of the best moves in the game). You can also grab an enemy by the neck, press the melee button and you will twist his head n break his neck. Lean functions has been simplified to holding mouse 2 which you can activate when you are in a corner or hiding behind cover.

So far I've clear one mission and I say the game does not disappoint in terms of graphics and game play. Story wise, can't comment much until I've completed it.

Conclusion: Fans of the original Crysis should still find this an enjoyable game. Graphically, still one of the best looking shooters around.

Note: I am only sharing my thoughts on the single player, haven't got the time to try the multiplayer but I think it shouldn't be much different from the demo.

Really appreciate your impressions and technical info, kaz. Your rig kicks mine in the balls currently, but hopefully I'll get by for the time being.

Really appreciate your impressions and technical info, kaz. Your rig kicks mine in the balls currently, but hopefully I'll get by for the time being.

I think you should be able to get by, since it's minimum requirements are pretty low and the way I see it, the difference between the various settings really ain't that much.

My only gripe is when they do release the patch for DX11 support, I will not be able to run it cos my GPU doesn't support DX11 :(

My only gripe is when they do release the patch for DX11 support, I will not be able to run it cos my GPU doesn't support DX11 :(

From what I understand it doesn't even run with DX10 enabled from the get-go, right?

As for DX11, the fact that it has to be patched in at a later date is pretty embarassing for Crytek. I can't possibly run it, but I'd bet a lot of hardcore PC purists are spitting flames right now.

Speaking of review lock outs. Crysis 2 has no reviews yet. I'm hearing that it's an EA thing. They locked out Dead Space 2 and Dragon Age 2 reviews too. Lame EA...very lame.

huh? There are two or three review links posted on the official Crysis 2 facebook page - not sure where you're info is coming from snappahead...

And I got all the info I needed from playing for 2 hours the other night before the PS3 demo came down - it was fast, fun, and had a ton of energy thanks to good matches and guys (and girls) I was playing with - can't wait to play more multi-player and the Richard Morgan-written single-player campaign.

Oh, and the book Crysis: Legion is great - it's the official adaptation of the Crysis 2 story by Hugo Award-winning author Peter Watts -- he also wrote the Nanosuit 2.0 brochure that came out last year.

huh? There are two or three review links posted on the official Crysis 2 facebook page - not sure where you're info is coming from snappahead...

He's right, the reviews are scarce and it comes out tomorrow same thing happened with Homefront, a lot of people bought it then bam day 1 reviews were so-so. I don't blind buy anymore so I need to read a lot of reviews to see how this one will do. It seems like reviewers are so tight lipped lately. Except the KZ3 review which came out over 3 weeks in advanced.

<object width="853" height="510"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/o658snnpERg?fs=1&hl=en_GB&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/o658snnpERg?fs=1&hl=en_GB&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="510"></embed></object>

I have seen some reviews with the lowest being 8/10 and the highest being 9/10. Seems like a solid game to me.

And I got all the info I needed from playing for 2 hours the other night before the PS3 demo came down - it was fast, fun, and had a ton of energy thanks to good matches and guys (and girls) I was playing with - can't wait to play more multi-player and the Richard Morgan-written single-player campaign.

Oh, and the book Crysis: Legion is great - it's the official adaptation of the Crysis 2 story by Hugo Award-winning author Peter Watts -- he also wrote the Nanosuit 2.0 brochure that came out last year.

There's always a couple places that release their reviews, but generally, there'd be dozens out by the time the game launches. It's an embargo on reviews and it's ridiculous. It seems to have nothing to do with the quality of the games either. The games EA locked out were high scoring. I don't agree with the lock outs and fundamentally it just seems wrong that they can even do it.

I have seen some reviews with the lowest being 8/10 and the highest being 9/10. Seems like a solid game to me.

I'm sure it is. I'm picking it up, but the embargo is just stupid. I hear EA locks everyone out until about noon of release day, so expect a flood of reviews to go up this afternoon.:impatient:

I've been playing thru the single player campaign for the past 2 hours and I'm enjoying every moment of it.

This game is a definite improvement over Crysis 1.

Also, you can upgrade your suit with different modules but you need to buy them using some nano stuff (I forgot the term). And you can only get the nano stuff by killing the aliens....this means you could either move stealthily and avoid enemies, but u will miss out on a lot of upgrades for your suits.

The game really lets you control whether you want to be strong/fast/invisible/weapon and you never feel too overpowered.

Need some heavy firepower? grab a mounted machine gun off the vehicle and start blasting.

The soundtrack by Hans Zimmer is top notch work as well and it adds a lot to the cinematic feel of the game.

ok enough talk....I'm going back to play it.

Back