Dead Island

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack's Smirking Revenge
Reaction score
dunno about the game but such a freakin badass trailer

<object width="853" height="510"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/lZqrG1bdGtg?fs=1&hl=en_GB&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/lZqrG1bdGtg?fs=1&hl=en_GB&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="510"></embed></object>

Last edited:
wow never heard of this title,but i'll defeneatly keep an eye on this one:horror

Wow thought this was cancelled. Beautiful trailer.

edit: more info

preview: https://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/115/1150368p1.html

Release date
Description
- first-person melee combat
- 4-player coop
- weapon customization
- set on an open world tropical island
- RPG elements for character development
- hordes of gruesome zombies
General information
Dead Island combines first-person action with a heavy focus on melee combat, character development and customization of a vast array of weapons. All of these gameplay features are presented in a dark story inspired by classic zombie movies with a gritty and engrossing campaign that can be played with up to 4 players in co-op mode.
Products
Developed for Playstation 3, Xbox 360 and PC.
Website: Release date 2011 Description - fir...d for Playstation 3, Xbox 360 and PC. Website

dead-island-2011021506m7ek.jpg

dead-island-2011021506t792.jpg

dead-island-2011021506q7v4.jpg

dead-island-2011021506m7xo.jpg

This is like Left 4 Dead + Dead Rising + better graphics? Never gets old eh? And what about the resort-theme getting worn out after 4 hours? Trailer was awesome though...

I'm just echoing everyone's sentiment, but yes that trailer was amazing. Reminded me of the chaos at the beginning of the Dawn of the Dead remake, loved it.

The trailer is obviously inspired by Coldplay's video for The Scientist. Very well done though. Looks like it might be a cool game.

off topic...but had to ask...

I'm confused, so in the coldplay video, he takes a long walk after what just happened? Or did he do that, then "go back" in time and do something different before the crash, in order to prevent what happened?

Nice song from coldplay...not sure why I never saw the video before.

The trailer is obviously inspired by Coldplay's video for The Scientist.

Eh.. I dunno. That Coldpaly video is 100% backwards. This trailer is a mix of both reverse and forward footage so that the "End" is actually the middle of what actually happened. Like the movie Memento where the ending of that film is actually the middle.

Either way, great trailer. Only thing I dislike about it (and ALL trailers like it in general) is it doesn't use real time graphics i.e. when you play the actual game it won't look anything like that. So it's just smoke and mirrors.

Back