Crysis 2 (For PC, PS3, and Xbox 360)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IGN says its the best looking console game ever...pretty much my thoughts as well. After I saw some of the campaign vids in 720p, I was pretty much sold. I will look into getting this sometime this week.

I have a big work presentation tomorrow, but I will definitely be heading out to pick this up tomorrow- chances are if I got it today I would stay up all night haha.

IGN says its the best looking console game ever...pretty much my thoughts as well. After I saw some of the campaign vids in 720p, I was pretty much sold. I will look into getting this sometime this week.

Wow, that's a bold statement. I've got my copy here. I'll be able to try it out very soon.

IGN says its the best looking console game ever...pretty much my thoughts as well.

Now this comment by the IGN reviewer angered me.

Not to start a flame war but the IGN reviewer said something like "on 360 this is the best looking console game", this by many has been taken to state that the 360 version is the best looking game on BOTH 360 and PS3.

I think he meant to say that its the best looking 360 game not the best of both consoles.

Time and time again PS3 has been the best in graphics available, nearly all exclusives are the best of this generation available, however non-exclusive games are designed for 360 and PC and ported over inferiorly to PS3 for cost effective reasons.

So PS3 is better graphically and most likely in diversity of titles and exclusives BUT 360 is most likely better in graphics for most multi-platform games because devs do not take the time to maximise the tech of the PS3.

I just wish that all games had the time and attention and details that exclusive games have. Nearly all exclusives have superior score, voice acting, cinematics, graphics and story than most other games

I.E God of War 3, gears of war, MGS4, Uncharted, Halo, LBP

My PS3 library consists of exlusives only, with the exception of castlevania. I always go 360 for multiplatform games. I love my
360. My PS3 is pretty much just used as a Blu Ray Player. That might change when The last Guardian is released though.

^^^ i was in a similar boat until my 360 RROD'd and replacement 360 RROD'd About 8 months later aswell, i dont see the point of building a games library i cant play in the future. I'll take dependibility And superior exclusives over slight better graphical performance.

I just got Bulletstorm and AC: Brotherhood so Crysis 2 will have to wait a while.

I'm on my third 360 but I've had it for 3 years and it's been reliable (touch wood). I have more friends on xbox live i also prefer live over PSN.

Ign's video review is ridiculous. They rave about the visuals for ages and don't have anything bad to say about it and then when they do the overview at the end they give it a minus for framerate. IGN are the worst games site. I used to love reading thier reviews but now they are rushed, indecisive, uninformative and contradictory.

Ign's video review is ridiculous. They rave about the visuals for ages and don't have anything bad to say about it and then when they do the overview at the end they give it a minus for framerate. IGN are the worst games site. I used to love reading thier reviews but now they are rushed, inde, cisive, uninformative and contradictory.

Judging only for the demos.. then, the 360 demo runs smoother and looks a lot better than the PS3 version. Maybe that Graphic score and comparision is exagerated (and ridiculous), but I bet that the final version looks better on 360.:wink1:

Anyways, I agree and think that IGN reviews sucks, and are the worst in the net.

Last edited:
Now this comment by the IGN reviewer angered me.

Not to start a flame war but the IGN reviewer said something like "on 360 this is the best looking console game", this by many has been taken to state that the 360 version is the best looking game on BOTH 360 and PS3.

I think he meant to say that its the best looking 360 game not the best of both consoles.

Here is the exact quote: "This is the best-looking console game to date. It eschews the dark, hyper-filtered visual style of games like Killzone and Gears of War for beautiful, ubiquitous light. Light isn't directed in Crysis 2, it cascades -- over buildings, through trees and glass, reflecting and bouncing around levels in a way you haven't seen in a game before."

Nothing about "on the 360"...he is comparing it to all console games. It doesnt matter to me...I have a PS3 and 360, and I have Killzone and it looks awesome. But I am also interested in something that looks outstanding and "real." By the way, I agree that IGN's game coverage is shoddy, but the review also reaffirms what I have seen in videos...

^^^ i wonder how many customers get the actual chance for a real life comparison of both console versions side by side in their home, that'd settle alot of this.

Interesting though i checked the PS3 and 360 IGN reviews and both have the above quote and having him say "this is the best-looking console game to date. It eschews the dark, hyper-filtered visual style of games like Killzone and Gears of War"

Him saying Killzone AND GOW seems to indicate that this is (in his opinion) graphically the best of BOTH CONSOLES, since he made mention of an exclusive franchise from Each console.

Anyways the ign review like all of theirs is one blokes opinion, a ".5" of a better score in graohics is hardly game-changing, besides he might not have played a number of games previously lauded as best having the best console graphics.

My interest in Crysis 2 comes from the large-scale battles in city environments and future sci-fi setting.

Last edited:
^^^ i wonder how many customers get the actual chance for a real life comparison of both console versions side by side in their home, that'd settle alot of this.

Anyways the ign review like all of theirs is one blokes opinion, he might not have played a number of games previously lauded as best having the best console graphics.

My interest in Crysis 2 comes from the large-scale battles in city environments and future sci-fi setting.

I have both plattforms dude, and I can tell you that at least the PS3 demo was really worst than 360: slightly lower res, less contrast, blurry,(quinqux on PS3 instead AA) worst lighting, frame rate..:lecture

Obviously if you only have the PS3 system, then you'll get the PS3 version for sure, but if you have both, (and you're Gold member), then you should get the 360 version

^^^ have you showcased the PS3 version on one TV and the 360 on another TV at the exact same time beside one another of the same sequence?? Thats the only real way to see the differences first-hand

I've owned both versions of RDR and the 360 version is sharper but glitchier. The difference is noticeable without having them side by side.

^^^ have you showcased the PS3 version on one TV and the 360 on another TV at the exact same time beside one another of the same sequence?? Thats the only real way to see the differences first-hand

Sorry.. but you do'nt need to do that with Crysis 2..the differences are really noticiables between both versions .

Just play one demo version and then the other version in the same HDTV and settings (HDMI, contrast, Brightness, colour .. ).. and you'll notice "many different things" dude :wink1:

Last edited:
Ok, spent about two hours with the campaign so far.

The graphics are fantastic. No doubt about it. It's one beautiful game. I've only seen the city streets and a couple small office building type things which tend to look a bit drab, but not in thus game. Everything looks awesome. No framerate issues I've noticed. They may be there, but I haven't seen them. No one should be disappointed with the graphics unless they had very unrealistic expectations.

Control feels good, but this is my first Crysis and it's taking me a while to figure out how to play this game. All the nano tech and the options that brings is a bit overwhelming at first. I'm also a natural run an gun type and this game isn't designed for that. You can do it, but it can kick your a$$ if you don't play it at least a little carefully. So far I'm really digging it. Haven't tried online yet. I usually play through the campaign first.

I will wait for my brand new pc to run crysis 1 and 2 back to back.
this game looks action packed compared to part 1.

I wonder if it had the free world exploration like part 1 did.

Back