Crysis 2 (For PC, PS3, and Xbox 360)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt it, but Crytek have said in the past that the CryEngine used for C2 is a lot more scalable than the original engine for Crysis. You might be able to get away with the same settings, but I worry my Intel q6600 and Radeon 4870 will get me far. :(

In the end I think it'll depend on how much of a difference rendering a urban city is to rendering a full scale jungle rich with foliage. The difference in setting might dictate performance. Who knows.

I'm using a Intel Core i7 930 @2.80GHz, but I dont have a very gd GPU. It's a nvidia GT330, one of those repackaged GPU for oem models.

I'm able to run Crysis with most settings on very high and some adjusted to medium or high and still get an average of 20 to 30fps, which is still very playable for me. Downloading the realistic foliage mod did help to make the game look a lot prettier without totally killing my GPU.

Really hope, I'll be able to do the same for Crysis 2.........worst come to worst I may upgrade the GPU once the warranty runs out.

Crysis is one of the few games where strangely, 20 FPS is very playable. It shouldn't be too costly to get a desktop that can run this nowadays... hell I'm maxing this out on a notebook.

I just had the sudden urge, and loaded up Crysis and took some screens.

Damn, after over 3 years... games still don't look this good. The fact the game can pull these kinds of visuals in an open-world environment, is something else. And this is without any of the amazing mods out there.

ScreenShot00602.jpg

ScreenShot0081.jpg

Last edited:
Damn, after over 3 years... games still don't look this good. The fact the game can pull these kinds of visuals in an open-world environment, is something else. And this is without any of the amazing mods out there.

Exactly!
Most games these days don't even look half as good as Crysis did.
I spent lots of time looking at the scenery instead of moving on with the mission while playing crysis.

I'm using a Intel Core i7 930 @2.80GHz, but I dont have a very gd GPU. It's a nvidia GT330, one of those repackaged GPU for oem models.

I'm able to run Crysis with most settings on very high and some adjusted to medium or high and still get an average of 20 to 30fps, which is still very playable for me. Downloading the realistic foliage mod did help to make the game look a lot prettier without totally killing my GPU.

Really hope, I'll be able to do the same for Crysis 2.........worst come to worst I may upgrade the GPU once the warranty runs out.

So do you think you'll upgrade with Nvidia or to Ati Radeon? I'm thinking of upgrading my gpu soon. Some great cards out there for just $200. I remember back in the day the high-end cards were at least $450. These are good times we live in in regards to pc hardware costs.

Anyway, Crysis Warhead ran better for me than the original Crysis. On average I could run the original Crysis at 1680x1050 with max settings and get a good 45-50fps, but Warhead at the same settings I got a consistent 55 most of the time. The only setting I have to leave low is the Anti-Aliasing (2x). I have a feeling that Crysis 2 should perform similarly for me. I'm hopeful.

So do you think you'll upgrade with Nvidia or to Ati Radeon? I'm thinking of upgrading my gpu soon. Some great cards out there for just $200. I remember back in the day the high-end cards were at least $450. These are good times we live in in regards to pc hardware costs.

Anyway, Crysis Warhead ran better for me than the original Crysis. On average I could run the original Crysis at 1680x1050 with max settings and get a good 45-50fps, but Warhead at the same settings I got a consistent 55 most of the time. The only setting I have to leave low is the Anti-Aliasing (2x). I have a feeling that Crysis 2 should perform similarly for me. I'm hopeful.

I've always been a Nvidia user, will probably stick with them for the new GPU. But Ati Radeon has been releasing quite a few great value high end cards & their price point is always cheaper than Nvidia, will definitely make it a hard choice.

But I will definitely want to upgrade to one that will support DirectX11 & be able to last me at least for the next 3 years or so.

I think with Cryengine 3, everything shld be much better coded & we are able to run them smoothly without excessive upgrading.

Last edited:
Just heard that Crysis 2 for PC got leaked online, that's some serious stuff.

This could be something big--if this causes the PC version of Crysis 2 to sell poorly, that would really make developers rethink whether or not they want to make PC versions of games in the future. This really could destroy the PC games market.

Weird...

Well, the whole "PC version that's a PC game" thing sounds great. I'm also psyched since they said the demo will soon come out for PS3 and PC (so I can see how my specs will run it). If I can max out Crysis and WH, then C2 shouldn't be an issue -- and it'll look prettier. Hell, it's already one of the best-looking console games IMO.

Just heard that Crysis 2 for PC got leaked online, that's some serious stuff.

This could be something big--if this causes the PC version of Crysis 2 to sell poorly, that would really make developers rethink whether or not they want to make PC versions of games in the future. This really could destroy the PC games market.

Yeah just read about it, that's quite unfortunate for Crytek. No matter how one looks at the situation it sucks. On the bright side, the leaked build is buggy and incomplete and isn't anywhere as polished as the final game will be. The entire game can still be played from beginning to ending, unfortunately.

And ppl are using that leak beta to judge how good the final version of Crysis 2 will be.

Then again, you have to beg the question how did it get leaked, could be an inside job.

And ppl are using that leak beta to judge how good the final version of Crysis 2 will be.

Then again, you have to beg the question how did it get leaked, could be an inside job.

Probably, it's got everything with it, including all the stuff for copy protection, including online protection.

If Crytek doesn't change the protection after this, people would end up being able to play illegal copies just fine online.

The original Crysis was pirated to hell and it still sold 3 million units worldwide being a pc exclusive. I think they'll be okay with Crysis 2.

"Protection" was what caused non-pirates to end up pirating.

If they can protect without screwing over actual paying customers, go for it... but when you can't even play your own game without it secretly installing rootkits and requiring you to be online... then the hell with it... people will just pirate to be able to play whenever they want without unmentioned things being installed deep within your system.

Hrmm... maybe it's because it's not the full game... maybe it's because they changed environments... but it doesn't look visually better than the first. I know it's not because it's a youtube video because I just watched a Warhead clip and it looks better.

Well a jungle is more visually interesting than a run-of-the-mill urban environment.

Comparing it with other games set in similar environments I think C2 already stands head-and-shoulders above its ilk.

I agree, even as an Urban Jungle, it still looks pretty damn fine as compared to most modern games.

Here's another video that contains the full first 25mins of the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhKyTQP7Gmk

See it at your own risk if you dont want to spoil any of the story, otherwise just scroll towards the action sequences to see how it looks.

I have to say, the leaked beta made me more excited in getting my own copy of the game.

Back