Statue Boromir Maquette...Links to buy and waitlist in 1st post !!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes its the Ex. :( what should i do?

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Honestly if you're like me and love the statue with the arm up which is now the regular, return the EX and order a regular. But if you like the arm down or just want to keep the EX, I'd say just get the credit. Boromir is too good to not have in my opinion.

I would get a full refund for that lazy eye and then reorder...unless it's the EX...which it probably is. If there's one thing I can't stand it's lazy eyes and almost all of them look okay so i'd be pissed if I got one.

ditto lazy eye really annoys the hell out of me too more than anything else. i would return it and get a regular for cheaper, now that you know the ex parts have been swapped.

Is someone gentle could post a pic of his boromir head. Direct face close up with good details of the eyes? Ill appreciate.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

BTW I have no problem with weak magnet either. I move my statue fully built with raised arm across the house and up a flight of stairs and nothing moved at all.

ditto lazy eye really annoys the hell out of me too more than anything else. i would return it and get a regular for cheaper, now that you know the ex parts have been swapped.

Im two finger close to do just like you gagaliya and ship all my head ( Boromir, Aragorn, Arwen) to Josh ( small studio) to a perfect retouch paint. that would be amazing.

Just had ex #47/500 arrive here in Australia.

Absolutely amazing.

I did have the bent straps on the flag arm, but the wire means I could bend them back into place. With a little putty (1mm worth) & black paint you would never tell. Considering how good this is, it's easy to let that issue slide.

sLyDq.jpg

Im two finger close to do just like you gagaliya and ship all my head ( Boromir, Aragorn, Arwen) to Josh ( small studio) to a perfect retouch paint. that would be amazing.

If you have the $ that's definitely the way to go, small studio is one of the best here that specializes in head paints. But boromir's head paint is actually very good, you should just get it exchanged. In arwen's case it was bad all around so I had no choice but to get it repainted to look the way it suppose to.

I just got an email from Sideshow. They took one look at the photo of my "broken sword" and decided to send me a replacement hand/sword piece.

Thank you, Sideshow!

:yess:

[Edit]
And I just got a UPS shipping notice. Woohoo!

Last edited:
Just finished unpacking and inspecting my Boromir. While I also have a bent strap on the arm, he is otherwise in great shape. I can't think of how to even describe this fantastic piece! Well done SS, well done!

Just got my shipping notice. I'm thinking I'm going to fall into the same category like the rest of you guys. Bent/broken strap, its a long way to travel from CA to Australia.

After further inspection, I found a paint blotch on his right arm and a very small chip in the shoulder pauldron. SS emailed today and said a new right arm is on the way. Glad they were able to handle it the right way.

I swear the actual cost to produce these statues must be dirt cheap for this business model to be so effective. Arm here, sword there...why not just get it right the first time?

I swear the actual cost to produce these statues must be dirt cheap for this business model to be so effective. Arm here, sword there...why not just get it right the first time?

That's why they are made in China - it allows them to utilize this business model. I wish they would get it right the first time. But lets be honest, the quality control reps aren't nearly as finnicky as we can be. And remember, the board members here make up a small percentage of those who buy SS products - so a large percentage don't mind a lazy eye, paint scuff or a chip in the statue.

After further inspection, I found a paint blotch on his right arm and a very small chip in the shoulder pauldron. SS emailed today and said a new right arm is on the way. Glad they were able to handle it the right way.

good to know. i just hope mine arrives ok. don't want Sideshow to run out of spare arms :confused:

Back