Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series! Beware Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series!

I was gonna suggest since they havnt attached Renner to any film of his own mabey they could get him to be one of the leads of the show. Its not like TV is beneath these actors or anything, Since they seem to be investing alot into the franchise the tv show could be just as good as the solo films. Also, you can stand to make alot of money off of television if its a hit series. But then i remembered ARROW is on and 2 shows about a bow & arrow armed lead may seem a bit much.

I think this show will be good. Atleast have Jackson guest star in the Pilot & Finale. If they get a great cast together just like they got for the movies it will be a success. Item 47 was cool but ehhh, idk about them being the leads along with Coulson, that was cool for a 1 shot. We need real SHIELD agents to be apart of this show.

He might be a small fry in Avengers, but Renner's Hollywood's go-to ATM with Mission Impossible and Bourne. I doubt he'd even consider it anything more than an insult.

I thought he was locked in for A2.

Nope, his contract's done after IM3. :monkey1

Considering RDJ did a commercial for Guy, I don't see why people think he wouldn't do a cameo for this is he were asked. :dunno
I am sure they wouldn't mind ponying up the cash to get their series kickstarted with a couple big name appearances.

Nope, his contract's done after IM3. :monkey1

Yeah, I think the only thing between him and resigning up is Feige. That guy already seems to have it in his head they'll "Bond him out" :cuckoo:

I mean if they keep these up, they'll have to eventually, but there is no need to yet. Give him a mega deal like SLJ's contract for Fury, throw in some TV show cameos, producer options, and call it a day. If Disney can buy Star Wars, they can by RDJr. They've got enough money to keep him on, no matter what he demands. I think they need to recast Feige though. That guy seems to be a total ******.

Yeah, I think the only thing between him and resigning up is Feige. That guy already seems to have it in his head they'll "Bond him out" :cuckoo:

I mean if they keep these up, they'll have to eventually, but there is no need to yet. Give him a mega deal like SLJ's contract for Fury, throw in some TV show cameos, producer options, and call it a day. If Disney can buy Star Wars, they can by RDJr. They've got enough money to keep him on, no matter what he demands. I think they need to recast Feige though. That guy seems to be a total ******.

Yup! :exactly:

I disagree. ****** or no, he's why we got what we did from IM1 through Avengers. He deserves credit for that. :lecture:lecture:lecture

I don't need to love Kevin Feige. I care about results.

Many football couches are *ssholes, fans don't care. They want wins.

Feige delivers.

Kevin Feige is sort of the brainchild of the marvel cinematic universe, he really put alot of effort into the saga BUT it really does seem like its either his way or the highway and thats the really the only flaw of these movies, is the fact some characters have been recast. I even heard alot of it didnt even have to do with money?

But recasting RDJ would be a total mistake, theres tons of actors who could tackle the role and do a good job but he IS iron man, and without his performance i dont think the movies would be as strong as they were.

Last edited:

Kevin Feige is sort of the brainchild of the marvel cinematic universe, he really put alot of effort into the saga BUT it really does seem like its either his way or the highway and hell recast anyone at the drop of a hat, and thats the really the only flaw of these movies, is the fact many characters have been recast. I even heard alot of it didnt even have to do with money?

But recasting RDJ would be a total mistake, theres tons of actors who could tackle the role and do a good job but he IS iron man, and without his performance i dont think the movies would be as strong as they were.

Huh? :confused: :lol

300px-TheAvengers_BruceBanner_Poster.jpg

Other than recasting Garth Marenghi who else did they recast?

Edward Nortan and Terrance Howard, and arent they recasting one of Thors warriors in the new movie? shure he wassnt a big part but ya get the point.

Not really. That's only a few. His choice of word was "many."

:exactly:
Edward Nortan and Terrance Howard, and arent they recasting one of Thors warriors in the new movie? shure he wassnt a big part but ya get the point.

His context was that Feige will recast someone at the drop of a hat. The guy that played Fandral couldn't make the movie schedule, this has nothing to do with Feige's attitude on casting, you obviously have to replace someone who just can't make it to filming.

https://www.themarysue.com/shield-abc-paul-lee/
Well, it’s pretty much a sure thing. At this point ABC has only ordered a pilot and still has to decide whether to commit to a full series, same as with most shows. But it’s described as being a “near-certainty” that the network will be on board for as much as the show as they can get. Take that, Fox!

In an interview with IGN, ABC’s president Paul Lee seemed very enthusiastic about the show for a very studio exec-y reason: He predicts that it’ll be high on “co-viewing,” aka when a show is watched by both parents and kids.

Says Lee:

“Absolutely Marvel has the ability to bring the whole family around it. The truth about Joss is he has some great relationships in [S.H.I.E.L.D.] so there are a lot of really funny, male/female relationships – very flirtatious ones that go through it. But it’s also Joss too and it’s Marvel and there’s a lot of action to it.”
“Look, kids, there are things you can ship!”

Lee acknowledges that he hasn’t seen the pilot yet—not surprising, as they’re still filming it—but he says that the script is “great.” As for picking the show up for a full season, Lee sounds really enthusiastic, saying ABC

“fast-tracked [it] before the others and we’re going to see it a lot earlier than the others and we’re very hopeful that that’s going to move forward to series and we’ll build our marketing campaign early for it… Joss is wonderful to work with. And by the way, [he's] thrilled to be on television, which I’m enjoying!”
This is weird. A studio head seems just as excited—if not moreso—than Whedon is about one of his shows. It make complete sense given the $1 billion+ The Avengers made for ABC’s parent company, but I still kind of feel like I’m in a parallel dimension right now. Can Firefly still be around in this one?

https://www.themarysue.com/shield-abc-paul-lee/

Well, it’s pretty much a sure thing. At this point ABC has only ordered a pilot and still has to decide whether to commit to a full series, same as with most shows. But it’s described as being a “near-certainty” that the network will be on board for as much as the show as they can get. Take that, Fox!

They should drop the pretense. ABC and Marvel are both owned by Disney. There will be a series.

Back