Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the TV Universe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^ Terrible show? Your opinion. SHIELD is much more engaging now for me and I'm excited to see where they are going with the current storyline.

Unless Daisy/Quake ends up in the Inhumans movie as a starring character with a cool costume and accessories (pleasepleaseplease), I doubt she's going to be a Hot Toy. Mockingbird would be cool, but unless she's in a successful Marvel movie, ditto for her being a HT too. Look at Hill, she's in both Avengers movies, a Cap movie and more and nothing. :(

11ghsso.png

Three months away from Daredevil's debut on Netflix. Less than a year away from Jessica Jones - where Luke Cage will be introduced before starring in his own show.

2ltjyuh.png

Hot Toys shouldn't miss out on this party. TV is where its at now.

I'd like 2-packs for Matt and Danny, prototype costume plus the red for DD and civies Rand with Iron Fist.

11ghsso.png

Three months away from Daredevil's debut on Netflix. Less than a year away from Jessica Jones - where Luke Cage will be introduced before starring in his own show.

2ltjyuh.png

Hot Toys shouldn't miss out on this party. TV is where its at now.

I'd like 2-packs for Matt and Danny, prototype costume plus the red for DD and civies Rand with Iron Fist.

The chances of HT picking up this particular ball and running with it hinge almost entirely on whether these shows will be available/popular in Asia, unfortunately.

The chances of HT picking up this particular ball and running with it hinge almost entirely on whether these shows will be available/popular in Asia, unfortunately.

True. Hopefully these shows will spread like wildfire over there. If Disney's smart, we'll get heavier cameos in these shows than what we got in Agents of Shield (Lady Sif, Fury, Hill, etc). Plus, If DD shows up in a Marvel Studios movie, that'll put him on HT's radar if his show hadn't.

With netflix not available in China, I highly doubt this will get any kind of boost for HT to take advantage of. For Daredevil specifically, we may just have to stick with whatever SS makes in their comic line.

Well if Hot Toys didnt make anything from Agents of SHIELD(which is disappointing because I really wanted a Ward, Skye and May) they sure won't be doing anything about AKAJJ or Daredevil.

TV is not big enough compared to movies. Dare Devil might be different since it could be the same from the Movie?

Agents of Shield are just regular characters in regular clothes for the most part except for Mocking Bird, ETC.

TV is not big enough compared to movies. Dare Devil might be different since it could be the same from the Movie?

Agents of Shield are just regular characters in regular clothes for the most part except for Mocking Bird, ETC.

It won't be the same as the Old daredevil movie. This is a reboot.

As for them being in normal clothing...u did see hot toys just did an Alfred pennyworth, a Bruce Wayne, and a Steve Rodgers in street clothes. Also, theres a figure of coulson already. Plus they don't only wear street clothes on the show. They have tak gear, and given that most of the 12 inch or 1/6 figures made are military type figures not super hero I don't see why that would be an issue. There are also super heros in the show, not even counting the new direction and story from the mid season finale...but there's deathlock and whatnot.

What the characters are wearing really isn't going to effect these being made. It's perceived (by hot toys) demand. If these figures will make enough profit to warrant the outlay of resources and money they will be made. And it's relative to other products. If you can make ten times the money on another license then why bother with this one. That's the rub. The catch. With every license.

If anything I could see them doing (hopefully)
Daredevil
Jessica Jones
Luke Cage
Iron Fist
Mockingbird (if she makes the jump to the movies)

It won't be the same as the Old daredevil movie. This is a reboot.

As for them being in normal clothing...u did see hot toys just did an Alfred pennyworth, a Bruce Wayne, and a Steve Rodgers in street clothes. Also, theres a figure of coulson already. Plus they don't only wear street clothes on the show. They have tak gear, and given that most of the 12 inch or 1/6 figures made are military type figures not super hero I don't see why that would be an issue. There are also super heros in the show, not even counting the new direction and story from the mid season finale...but there's deathlock and whatnot.

What the characters are wearing really isn't going to effect these being made. It's perceived (by hot toys) demand. If these figures will make enough profit to warrant the outlay of resources and money they will be made. And it's relative to other products. If you can make ten times the money on another license then why bother with this one. That's the rub. The catch. With every license.

I was referring to the new TV Show Dare Devil appearing in a new Dare Devil movie.

I get what you are saying but Coulson was from Avengers. If he didn't appear in that movie, Coulson would have never been made. They will do their movie stars in regular clothes like Bruce Banner because it appeared in the movies. They can have a Shield member wearing some bad ass camo gear and what not but if they don't appear in a movie, they won't get a Hot Toys figure. If Hot Toys don't release a Maria Hill, the chances are slim to zero that any Shield member gets a figure unless they translate to a movie role.

Not enough demand for HT to waste resources on TV characters when some movie characters don't guarantee sell outs like Mandarin, Bruce Banner, ETC.

Forgot to mention that Batman characters in regular clothes are from the movies also.

Just like how I don't expect Hot Toys to make any Arrow or Flash figures unless there's going to be a movie.

It's little to do with it being movie or tv though. It's profit and sales. As for the rest, I was addressing issues in that post. It was stated that clothing would be a reason. So I gave four examples of civilian clothing. Including the star of one of the shows.

You where saying (or whomever) it won't happen if it's only a TV show. But this is new territory. For all anyone knows marvel may ask hot toys to make a figure from the show (or dc with flash/arrow) to help market, and they would waive any licensing cost for that figure, or give lower on another. It happens often.

Point is, we just don't know. The TV universe and the way CBM have evolved make this a situation that has not been before. Companies know that figures based on shows, like cartoons and other TV shows as well, have figures and characters that do sell. Most toys are based on those things not movies. Especially in the past. So it's not a big stretch to think with the new paradigm of Comic book movies and shows that figures will get made. Especially if the shows last. You can't tell me if AoS lasts 5-10 seasons hot toys wouldn't give at least on character a try? I can't see them not making one of the shows succed long term.

Back