Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. spinoff series?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natrix

Super Freak
Reaction score
'Agents of SHIELD' spinoff in the works | EW.com

Huge news for Agents of SHIELD fans. Not only is a third season of the action-adventure series pretty much guaranteed, but Marvel is quietly developing a spinoff for ABC.

We’re told a spinoff is being developed by SHIELD executive producer Jeffrey Bell (Angel, The X-Files) and SHIELD writer Paul Zbyszewski (Lost, Hawaii Five-0).

We don’t know is which characters from the current series will be moving over to the proposed spinoff – so let the speculation being on that. There won’t be an implanted pilot episode this season directly setting up the spinoff, either (like how CW launched The Flash out of Arrow). However, story elements that are still to come on SHIELD this year will be used to lay the groundwork for the potential new series. So by the end of the season – assuming the details for this project haven’t already leaked, which is rather unlikely – the spinoff concept should be clear.

Under the best-case scenario, the spinoff would hit ABC as soon as this fall. But there are other timing possibilities too, including midseason. Of course, the spinoff also might not even happen. Not only is SHIELD not yet officially renewed, but ABC has yet to select which of its crop of pilots will receive series orders – decisions that could impact the SHIELD spinoff plan.

SHIELD currently averages 7.4 million viewers and a 2.8 rating among adults 18-49, when including seven days of DVR playback. If greenlit, the spinoff would expand Marvel’s TV empire yet again. On ABC there’s SHIELD and Agent Carter (that latter, we’re told, has about a roughly 60 percent chance of returning for a second season). Plus the studio has its multi-title Netflix slate in the pipeline which launches tomorrow with Daredevil. ABC does not comment on current development, and Marvel had no comment.

I'm thinking Marvel realizes AoS is a damaged brand. I'm thinking they will use the spin off to do what they should have from the start then unload AoS and transition the popular agents to the new show.

If you look at some of the one-shots, they are perfectly directed and are a good representation of what AOS should have been, thats just imo

I like Agents of SHIELD. The thing is that show has been touch and go with it's serious ebbs and flows throughout the season. I'm not 100% sure that a spin-off would be that good since the show itself isn't consistently good. When they hit Hydra, it got good, the 2nd SHIELD thing has been meh more than anything, the Inhumans angle without ever really saying Inhumans has been interesting but even that feels drawn out.

I'd rather the folks at AoS would focus on keeping the quality high there than branching out really.

Adrianne Palicki, Nick Blood to star in 'Agents of SHIELD' spinoff | EW.com

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. fans may be seeing much more of Mockingbird.

Adrianne Palicki and Nick Blood have been tapped to star in the potential Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. spinoff, EW has confirmed. Marvel and ABC declined to comment. Deadline.com first reported the news.

Palicki and Blood both joined the ABC super series in season 2. Friday Night Lights alum Palicki plays Bobbi Morse, otherwise known as Mockingbird, while British actor Blood portrays her former husband and mercenary, Lance Hunter. The new duo have provided a fun Mr. and Mrs. Smith-like dynamic that would surely play into the spinoff. Currently, however, the on-again-off-again couple are on the rocks after Morse deceived Coulson (Clark Gregg) and his team in order to steal Fury’s (Samuel L. Jackson) toolbox for another faction of S.H.I.E.L.D. headed up by Edward James Olmos, among others.

First reported by EW, the spinoff is being developed by S.H.I.E.L.D. executive producer Jeffrey Bell (Angel, The X-Files) and S.H.I.E.L.D. writer Paul Zbyszewski (Lost, Hawaii Five-0).

Adrianne Palicki & Nick Blood Cast In Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Spinoff | Deadline

EXCLUSIVE: As ABC and Marvel are prepping a spinoff from sophomore drama Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D., I have learned that Season 2 cast additions to the mothership series Adrianne Palicki and Nick Blood are finalizing deals to headline the offshoot.

Palicki and Blood’s characters Lance Hunter and Barbara “Bobbi” Morse aka Mockingbird have quickly become fan favorites since joining Phil Coulson’s (Clark Gregg) team early this season. Lance is a quick-witted mercenary sharpshooter, while Bobbi worked undercover in HYDRA laboratories. Giving the spinoff a Mr. & Mrs. Smith vibe, Lance and Bobbi are former husband and wife who have let sparks fly in a push-pull relationship on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvel, ABC and reps for Palicki and Blood declined comment.

The spinoff is supposed to be set up by events from this season of S.H.I.E.L.D. It is unclear whether that would involve the secret plan by Bobbi and Mack, which had been heavily teased going into the spring run of the show.

The offshoot was developed by S.H.I.E.L.D. executive producer Jeffrey Bell and co-executive producer Paul Zbyszewski, who are writing the script and would executive produce. ABC is not expected to make a formal greenlight call until the script comes in, with the hope being to be able to do that before the upfronts. The spinoff may film a promo or do a pilot. If it goes to series, I hear Zbyszewski is expected to serve as showrunner.

The setup of the spinoff would allow it to air concurrently with S.H.I.E.L.D. The question is whether, following the decision to put Once Upon A Time and Once Upon A Time In Wonderland on the schedule at the same time, something ABC brass later officially regretted as likely damaging the spinoff’s chances — the network would do that again with S.H.I.E.L.D. Using the spinoff as a bridge between the fall and spring portions of S.H.I.E.L.D., which was the original plan for the two Once series, would make more sense.

The Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. spinoff is one of two new Marvel series for ABC in the works, along with a drama written by John Ridley, that, according to the latest online speculation, may be centered on Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan). ABC and Marvel also have midseason drama Agent Carter in contention for next season.

Mockingbird has been one of the better things in the show. If she leaves it'll leave a hole...

Back