Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series! Beware Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Marvel's live-action S.H.I.E.L.D. TV Series...

They'd have to explain how he came to modern times from WWII like Cap though. Might be more trouble than its worth :dunno

Re: Marvel's live-action S.H.I.E.L.D. TV Series...

I'd imagine these are gonna be hour-length versions of the Mini movies they're putting on the BluRays.

Re: S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series!

The man behind this year's biggest blockbuster, Joss Whedon, is slowly starting to leak his ideas on the highly anticipated S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series.

In an interview with MTV Whedon dropped little hints, and explained that the show will be focused around new characters. So, no Maria Hill, probably.

"It needs to be its own thing," said Whedon. "It needs to be adjacent [to the MCU] but you don't want to do a show where you're constantly going, 'Iron Man just left, but he was totally here a minute ago.' You want them to do their own thing."

What does that mean exactly? Whedon continued:

"Well, what does S.H.I.E.L.D. have that the other superheroes don't? And that, to me, is that they're not superheroes," said Whedon. "But they live in that universe. Even though they're a big organization, that [lack of powers] makes them underdogs, and that's interesting to me."

So pretty much this will be the X-Files. meh. Wake me up when RDJ does an episode.

That's the thing. They'll need Avengers guest stars every now and then. Fury and Hill at the very least.

Me too. I think it could be a great show if done well, and since Whedon is doing it and he's had a hit or three on TV then I think it will be. I do wish they'd use established characters, even if they are minor ones like Jasper Sitwell. And I get why Whedon wants to go that route and not have Iron Man here one minute and gone the next, but I think they will have to do that in order to sell this. These underdogs are going to have to run into the Avengers or at least other Shield members like Hill, Fury, Widow, or Hawkeye. They don't need the Avenger of the week formula, but they should have them pop up every few episodes as a guest star, if not just a cameo. Even on the X-files Mulder and Scully saw the deptuty director fairly often, which I would assume translates to Hill in Shield.

Its really just too bad they killed Coulson. This series has him all over it. He would have been the perfect start of the series IMO. While I was sad to see him go in Avengers, his death did have that push they needed. I just can't help but hope Fury was up to some more mindmucking like he's usually up to and that Coulson didn't really bite the bullet. The rumors of the spear tip being removed on the Blu Ray even seem to indicate that Coulson may not be quite so dead.

When is this supposed to come out anyway? Next year? Midseason this year? Several years from now? I suppose they could reveal Coulson isn't dead in Iron Man 3 and open this up to star him next fall? :dunno

I'm guessing ABC will the the network this is on since thats the one Disney owns right?

And it would be cool if they could reintroduce some of their newly reacquired properties like the Punisher through this show. I mean I could see SHIELD going after Frank for a few episodes. It would at least allow them to test the waters on some more minor characters and see what the response is to them before putting up big money for their own film.

Me too. I think it could be a great show if done well, and since Whedon is doing it and he's had a hit or three on TV then I think it will be. I do wish they'd use established characters, even if they are minor ones like Jasper Sitwell. And I get why Whedon wants to go that route and not have Iron Man here one minute and gone the next, but I think they will have to do that in order to sell this. These underdogs are going to have to run into the Avengers or at least other Shield members like Hill, Fury, Widow, or Hawkeye. They don't need the Avenger of the week formula, but they should have them pop up every few episodes as a guest star, if not just a cameo. Even on the X-files Mulder and Scully saw the deptuty director fairly often, which I would assume translates to Hill in Shield.

Its really just too bad they killed Coulson. This series has him all over it. He would have been the perfect start of the series IMO. While I was sad to see him go in Avengers, his death did have that push they needed. I just can't help but hope Fury was up to some more mindmucking like he's usually up to and that Coulson didn't really bite the bullet. The rumors of the spear tip being removed on the Blu Ray even seem to indicate that Coulson may not be quite so dead.

When is this supposed to come out anyway? Next year? Midseason this year? Several years from now? I suppose they could reveal Coulson isn't dead in Iron Man 3 and open this up to star him next fall? :dunno

I'm guessing ABC will the the network this is on since thats the one Disney owns right?

And it would be cool if they could reintroduce some of their newly reacquired properties like the Punisher through this show. I mean I could see SHIELD going after Frank for a few episodes. It would at least allow them to test the waters on some more minor characters and see what the response is to them before putting up big money for their own film.

:lol I hope they keep Punisher as far away from anything and everything TV14 as possible. :monkey1

I get what you are saying, Punisher is definately an R rated /TV MA character, but I would like to see Marvel making their universe more encompassing. Both the light and dark characters. I mean I don't see Iron Man popping up in the next Punisher movie, but I could see SHIELD being in there. Same could go for this series. Maybe it could even spin off into the talked about Punisher TV series, but hopefully not that cop without a badge kind of idea they were thinking of :lol

I get what you are saying, Punisher is definately an R rated /TV MA character, but I would like to see Marvel making their universe more encompassing. Both the light and dark characters. I mean I don't see Iron Man popping up in the next Punisher movie, but I could see SHIELD being in there. Same could go for this series. Maybe it could even spin off into the talked about Punisher TV series, but hopefully not that cop without a badge kind of idea they were thinking of :lol

Keep Punisher on the big screen. Develop Circle of Blood as close to the comic story as possible, make it R-rated and they'll put asses in seats for repeated viewings. Let the S.H.I.E.L.D. show deal with the B and C listers. Perfect opportunity to debut Iron Fist and Luke Cage, Moonknight, possibly a Daredevil to develop into his own TV series or even test the popularity and potential inclusion in film of Black Panther, etc.

I'm sure they will. Anything from a cameo to a full guest star episode. I can't see this working if they don't have at least the SHIELD characters do that, if not the other Avengers as well. I mean they can easily have Stark or Banner show up rather than Iron Man or the Hulk. Just depends on what case they are working on in that episode.

Guest stars could help it succeed in some small ways the way guest stars would help any lesser comic book get a little bump, but commercial success can't hinge on that by any means. It needs to appeal to some audience that will tune in with the regular, recurring characters and stories. It certainly could work with no guest stars from the movies at all, but it all depends on whether Whedon is able to connect with a mass of audiences that he has previously had some trouble connecting with on television (with Firefly and Dollhouse).

Will it be a show like MI:5? More fantastic than that? Will they showcase superheroes at all? I'm very curious about all that. I do suspect the execs will put some heavy pressure on Whedon to include superheroes whether that is his preference or not. And I do suspect that the first episode, at least, will have characters from the films like Stark and Hawkeye.

I'd love it if they alluded to certain events a lot, with dossiers and screens detailing stuff like the race track incident from Iron Man 2 etc etc...

Back