Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the TV Universe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaZaTrOn

Super Freak
Reaction score
Yesterday (22/10/2014) Marvel gave a look at Bobbi "Mockingbird" Morse's costume from the TV show Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and it got me itching to see it in 1/6 scale to go along with Black Widow!

5446ce1dc7051.jpg

Having this character would be awesome, but would Hot Toys be willing to do this line? After thinking about it I would love to get the whole team to go along with Agent Coulson.

5432f52971f7f.jpg

Season 2 Skye and Ward, hell just all of them would look great.

5410cdc68760e.jpg

They obviously aren't anything amazing or colourful like Captain America, but I think as a team they'd look great! What do other people think?

I also really hope that Hot Toys produce figures from Daredevil and the other Netflix's shows but is TV stuff going to go unnoticed by Hot Toys? If not do we think a smaller company like ThreeZero might pick up the license to produce TV show Marvel figures?

Don't see it happening, but I don't think fans of Sons of Anarchy figured they would see the day mass produced figures of their show would come to light either, so anything is possible. Depends on how much the series grows. What the fandom is like. I can see another company picking up the license to produce high end 12" figures. Hot Toys seems to more into movie licenses vs. TV series. Maybe I am ignorant or suffer from bad memory, but has HT taken on a TV license before?

I want Hot Toys to treat the Marvel Studios TV shows the same way they treat the films - with full lines for each title.

Gotta have this in Hot Toys 1/6

2yoe1vl.jpg

Hopefully in a 2-pack with the red costume.

Iron Fist & Luke Cage on the other hand they could just sell together in a 2-pack.

Yesterday (22/10/2014) Marvel gave a look at Bobbi "Mockingbird" Morse's costume from the TV show Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and it got me itching to see it in 1/6 scale to go along with Black Widow!

5446ce1dc7051.jpg

Having this character would be awesome, but would Hot Toys be willing to do this line? After thinking about it I would love to get the whole team to go along with Agent Coulson.

5432f52971f7f.jpg

Season 2 Skye and Ward, hell just all of them would look great.

5410cdc68760e.jpg

They obviously aren't anything amazing or colourful like Captain America, but I think as a team they'd look great! What do other people think?

I also really hope that Hot Toys produce figures from Daredevil and the other Netflix's shows but is TV stuff going to go unnoticed by Hot Toys? If not do we think a smaller company like ThreeZero might pick up the license to produce TV show Marvel figures?

World's most boring sixth scale figures?

No figure is boring for me if I love the characters.... My MIB figures from Enterbay will always be favorites in my collection and they're as plain as you can get.

That said, I'm not sure how many SHIELD characters I would buy..... Most of my favorites are the female characters like May, Skye and Jemma, so there's the fact that they might unfortunately be less likely to be made to contend with....

Gotta appreciate people stating the obvious... yes they aren't the most interesting figures in the world (as said in the OP) but with figures like Black Widow they'd suit nicely and look pretty decent on a shelf and yes the chances of Hot Toys making them are slim to none but it still doesn't mean some people might be interested in the AOS line and other TV properties. Discussion over 'witty' one liners wouldn't be so terrible.

I want Hot Toys to treat the Marvel Studios TV shows the same way they treat the films - with full lines for each title.

Gotta have this in Hot Toys 1/6

2yoe1vl.jpg

Hopefully in a 2-pack with the red costume.

Iron Fist & Luke Cage on the other hand they could just sell together in a 2-pack.

I agree 100% but I'm not sure that they'd do it. I'm anticipating the release of the show partly to see it but also to see whether we get the license picked up. I'd assume that the TV license is seperate so a smaller producer of 1/6th figures could pick it up independently from the film figures.

And Eli, I don't think HT has ever done TV, which is why it looks slim for any TV action figure... but maybe Daredevil will set the precedent and if DD sells well for Hot Toys they might end up picking up lines such as Arrow and Flash.

If you don't really want to know what other people think, and just want to hear opinions in line with yours, you shouldn't ask "What do other people think?" in the OP.

Too bad Mockingbird is being used in the TV show, as that suggests she won't have any real involvement in the films. And if they wanted to do a West Coast Avengers team, she should be on it.

I really hope Hot Toys makes a Daredevil from the show. The black costume is cool but if they make one, i hope its a red one (if they have red on the show.)

I really hope Hot Toys makes a Daredevil from the show. The black costume is cool but if they make one, i hope its a red one (if they have red on the show.)

The showrunner Steven S. DeKnight said there will be a red costume later on in the season. I'd like a 2-pack from Hot Toys with both suits.

In regards to Agents of SHIELD, if Skye ends up being Jessica Drew - it would be criminal for them not to make a figure of her.

11jun8g.jpg

The showrunner Steven S. DeKnight said there will be a red costume later on in the season. I'd like a 2-pack from Hot Toys with both suits.

In regards to Agents of SHIELD, if Skye ends up being Jessica Drew - it would be criminal for them not to make a figure of her.

It would be criminal of them to make Skye, Jessica Drew. I mean, she has such a rich backstory being with HYDRA, and Fury, SHIELD, and SWORD. That would just be a change I can't get behind since she's one of my top 4 favorite Avengers of all time. Other than that though, I teared up when Bobbi popped up with her batons and started wailing on HYDRA agents. Her personality was spot on as well. I can't wait for her and Clint to meet up. I would assume that since it's a connected universe that she could definitely pop up in a film. I would definitely buy a Daredevil and even Iron Fist, Luke Cage, and Jessica Jones. They're also from my favorite Avengers team. Top ten at least. I just love Bendis' New Avengers way too much. Bring on Carol and Jessica.

It would be criminal of them to make Skye, Jessica Drew. I mean, she has such a rich backstory being with HYDRA, and Fury, SHIELD, and SWORD. That would just be a change I can't get behind since she's one of my top 4 favorite Avengers of all time. Other than that though, I teared up when Bobbi popped up with her batons and started wailing on HYDRA agents. Her personality was spot on as well. I can't wait for her and Clint to meet up. I would assume that since it's a connected universe that she could definitely pop up in a film. I would definitely buy a Daredevil and even Iron Fist, Luke Cage, and Jessica Jones. They're also from my favorite Avengers team. Top ten at least. I just love Bendis' New Avengers way too much. Bring on Carol and Jessica.

I think Palicki's casting was spot-on. I hope they do just as good with Carol & Jennifer Walters. I'd pick Jessica Biel for Carol, really can't see anyone else with the range and particularly athleticism and moxy required besides Biel. As for Jennifer - I'd give it to Lake Bell.

If they do make Skye Jessica, I wouldn't hate it. She could grow into the Jessica from the books and having a known metahuman on Coulson's crew would pretty much elevate the show to ratings levels it simply can't reach without a Spider Woman. I can't see the show exploding if she's Quake or just some random Inhuman.

I also believe all quarrels with making her Jessica Drew will fade once we see her in costume and in action.

I think the reasoning behind them not making figures from shows is that movies make more money. I think for them its a more guaranteed profit than spending almost the same amount to figures of tv shows that may not hit their mark.

I'd rather buy Smallville, Arrow, and Flash figures. I am a bigger Marvel fan as far as the films. But I think the DC TV shows have better characters.

Back