Agent Carter (Marvel TV Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

draekus

Super Freak
Reaction score
Didn't see a thread for this so I figured I put this here.

Marvel and ABC Developing Agent Peggy Carter TV Show - IGN

Marvel and ABC Developing Agent Peggy Carter TV Show
Captain America's World War II love may get her own series.
by Eric Goldman
September 18, 2013

Marvel and ABC are just a few days away from the debut of their first TV show, Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., but the next potential Marvel series is already in the very early stages of development. Deadline reports that there is a possible Agent Carter series in the works for ABC, as in Peggy Carter, the character first seen in live-action in Captain America:: The First Avenger, where she was played by Haley Atwell.

Atwell is reprising her role in a short that will be seen on next week's release of the Iron Man 3 Blu-ray and DVD, which it seems may now function as a pilot of sorts for a potential Agent Carter series. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. itself first had its beginnings via the Item 47 short that appeared on The Avengers Blu-ray and DVD, which led to Marvel thinking S.H.I.E.L.D. could be a good concept for an ongoing series. Deadline notes that the secretive Marvel will not comment on the Agent Carter project and that it is one of several possible TV shows they are developing. A writer is currently being sought for Agent Carter and the big question is whether Atwell would reprise the role if the project comes to fruition.

As Deadline points out, Agent Carter might be a good fit for the female-skewing ABC. Previously, ABC and Marvel were developing AKA Jessica Jones, based on Brian Bendis' Alias comic book, but that show never came to be. What makes Agent Cater especially notable is that it is a period piece, as well as a Marvel comics adaptation.

I, for one, think this would be great. What do you guys think?

Re: Agent Carter (Potential Marvel TV Series?)

While I like the Peggy Carter character and enjoyed the new short, I don't think she needs her own show, maybe just work some story lines into the Agents of SHIELD series and have some flashback episodes here and there starring Atwell. Sometimes less is more.

I'd love to see an Agent Carter series especially if Atwell reprised her role. :naughty

tumblr_m6uxwd0zxZ1r7770fo1_500.jpg

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"

She's hot and did a great job on the movie. I don't really think we need a series based on the character.

While I like the Peggy Carter character and enjoyed the new short, I don't think she needs her own show, maybe just work some story lines into the Agents of SHIELD series and have some flashback episodes here and there starring Atwell. Sometimes less is more.

Maybe this could revolve around how SSR evolved into Shield.

How about a TV show focused on actual super heroes, and not supporting characters?

Eh, dats what the movies are for.

Yeah, but these movies neglect about 90% of the Marvel U. Guys like Daredevil and Punisher have no place in a series of movies focused on Ultron and Thanos, but would be a great fit on TV.

I would not want a Punisher show on ABC, since that is likely where it would end up. What are other Disney owned tv stations, if any?

They don't necessarily have to involve them in the Avengers story line. Just drop a nod that they exist in the same universe but keep them separated and uninvolved.

Last edited:

You can get away with a lot on network TV nowadays. Just look at Hannibal. But those kinds of characters simply aren't going to get any attention in the films the way they are going now. Maybe in "Phase 4" or whatever. . .

They would likely keep most of their a,b, and even c-list Superheroes in movies. Any TV shows linked to the MCU would probably be based on lesser known side characters. (The most we can hope for is maybe some short cameos from actual superheroes.) Still this show, just like any show, can be great with good writers.

DD, GR, and Punisher may not really belong in the MCU movies with Thanos, Thor, etc. But that doesn't mean Marvel won't capitalize on these characters in future solo movies. (Don't get me wrong I rather see these characters in TV series format, but I don't think Marvel will go that route. If they do, I pray they don't make them too lighthearted.)

Yeah, but for Punisher levels I'd want it on AMC or FX even. Is Hannibal on ABC?

Punisher and daredevil prob won't show up till like...phase 10 :lol

I agree with the AMC/FX route. Hannibal is on NBC I believe. I'm not sure anything on ABC is that dark.

:exactly:

Yeah, but these movies neglect about 90% of the Marvel U. Guys like Daredevil and Punisher have no place in a series of movies focused on Ultron and Thanos, but would be a great fit on TV.

Don't forget that a large chunk of that is owned by other companies. That aside, I'd rather see well developed heroes than Smalville-ish garbage just thrown together to stack the tween demographic.

Yeah, but for Punisher levels I'd want it on AMC or FX even. Is Hannibal on ABC?

Punisher and daredevil prob won't show up till like...phase 10 :lol

I really hope they ****can the concept of making him a detective who solves crimes. :monkey1

I have to admit, I don't get the fascination with this character, aside from her looks obviously. She was fine in the movie, but I saw the short, and I can't imagine sitting through a whole series of that. The Marvel Universe is full of female characters, can't we find one a bit more compelling than Peggy Carter? Hell, let's see a She Hulk series.

Back