Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series! Beware Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series!

So GREAT!!!! Two more episodes until the end of the season....have they announced the next season yet?

So GREAT!!!! Two more episodes until the end of the season....have they announced the next season yet?

I don't think so. I think they might have initially greenlit a second season after the pilot premiered to huge ratings, but drastic decline after that might have hurt that. I'm thinking ABC may have been on the season's arc and its tie in to Winter Soldier because I would think that decline could have put this on the chopping block quickly for another show. Hopefully now that the show has finally hit its stride it will return next year. I mean its likely our only window into the Marvel Universe until Avengers 2 comes out. I doubt GotG will have much to connect with the events on Earth if anything, so its not really going to do much in that regard unless they have an Avengers 2 trailer at the end like Cap 1 did.

I think next year Maria Hill needs to be a regular and we need some Avengers cameos. Cap, Hawkeye, Fury, and Widow would all be easy to throw in story wise with them working for SHIELD and all, but Stark and Banner wouldn't be hard to include either. Its just Thor that would be a stretch unless they had another Asgard breakout episode. But I think tying the show into the films as much as possible will only improve it, as the Winter Soldier proved. And getting more film characters to appear on the show will only further mess them together. Hopefully going forward Marvel will take into account getting actors contracted for episodes too in addition to their film contracts. Right now the best shows perfectly meshing two shows together are Chicago Fire and Chicago PD. They have characters from both shows appear on the other all the time without any grand introduction. They just exist in the same city and cross paths all the time like firefighters and cops in the same area would. I think if Marvel would take that approach where its not a big deal to have a Tony Stark pop in randomly like superheroes occasionally do in the comics, that would really sell that idea. Because other than Coulson, there isn't much really tying the show into the films each week. I would even go so far as to say the TV show's plots ought to effect or at least set up one of the movies in the future to cement them together as inseparable. Heck, pick up where All Hail the King left off and introduce the real Mandarin through the show. There is no reason they couldn't introduce a future film bad guy through the show as a build up. They just need to leave the stigma of TV behind. Its not the sub level entertainment form it used to be. Many films are now shot around actor's TV schedules because the talent and prestige is so great on TV now.

The way they handled the reveal to Sky was great. I am confused as to why she looked at the screen that projects the outside images. I was thinking she might have hacked them to put a message on them of some kind for the rest of the team like "WARD IS TRAITOR" or something, but that didn't happen this episode. In fact, they didn't explain that moment at all.

heh. . . hehe.

Fantastic episode tonight. Ward's betrayal really has brought the team together in a way that no amount of forced comraderie on the part of the writer's could do. AND I finally really like Skye! I can't believe it. I loved Fitz's reaction to finding out Ward was Hydra, and I also really liked the way Skye revealed it. I didn't get that the scenes were just rotating pictures! I thought they were digital. But now it all made more sense. Also, the reveal of who was in charge of the Tahiti project was pretty interesting, too. Triplett must stay on the team. He's great. Also, I'd love to see more of Maria, although I don't know how she'd fit on the show on an ongoing basis. Hell, I don't even understand what the show is going to be about after this season!

The SFX of Coulson and Skye in Lola weren't great, but I thought that was a lot of fun and exactly the sort of "comic book" thing I've wanted to see more of in the series.

Now if they could only make Deathlok not look so ridiculous, like he's off to play Lazer Tag.

heh. . . hehe.

I'm psychic! Well, one word off... :)

They just need to leave the stigma of TV behind. Its not the sub level entertainment form it used to be. Many films are now shot around actor's TV schedules because the talent and prestige is so great on TV now.

The SFX of Coulson and Skye in Lola weren't great, but I thought that was a lot of fun and exactly the sort of "comic book" thing I've wanted to see more of in the series.

Now if they could only make Deathlok not look so ridiculous, like he's off to play Lazer Tag.

That's the one hurdle this show needs to overcome. More than just throwing superheroes in the show, the TV show needs to look like a movie. Poor VFX and silly costumes is what was the death of comic book movies so many years ago. That mechanical clunk when Deathlok was walking around was pretty silly too. Maybe the show needs to be re-formatted into some Sherlock style mini-series event with a bigger budget. Something in between the One Shots and a weekly TV series.

That's the one hurdle this show needs to overcome. More than just throwing superheroes in the show, the TV show needs to look like a movie. Poor VFX and silly costumes is what was the death of comic book movies so many years ago. That mechanical clunk when Deathlok was walking around was pretty silly too. Maybe the show needs to be re-formatted into some Sherlock style mini-series event with a bigger budget. Something in between the One Shots and a weekly TV series.

I'm a huge fan of short seasons. 13 episodes would be perfect. Up the production values. Cut the filler. Streamline the whole thing. Quality over quantity.

I'm a huge fan of short seasons. 13 episodes would be perfect. Up the production values. Cut the filler. Streamline the whole thing. Quality over quantity.

:exactly::goodpost:

It won't happen. Big TV is a different game than cable TV... More advertising on newly run episodes vs. repeats. They wouldn't just transition from 22 episodes to 13. They'll have continuity. Wishful thinking, but that's all that it is.

Having said that, I would prefer quality over quantity, and cutting back some of the filler. Even at 13 episodes you'll get that, but not at the rate of a 22 episode run. Still, not a reality. Just a dream. So time to move along.

The fall out of the plane would've looked better had they shown it from a long distance of an actual car dropped out of a real plane, then just kept the closeups to a minimum.

Regardless, what an incredible episode.

Even between movies i'm enjoying the MCU.

It won't happen. Big TV is a different game than cable TV... More advertising on newly run episodes vs. repeats. They wouldn't just transition from 22 episodes to 13. They'll have continuity. Wishful thinking, but that's all that it is.

Having said that, I would prefer quality over quantity, and cutting back some of the filler. Even at 13 episodes you'll get that, but not at the rate of a 22 episode run. Still, not a reality. Just a dream. So time to move along.

Sleepy Hollow would be a good example. Are they back for another 13 episode season next year, or are they jumping to 22?

AoS kind of has to have long seasons, filler episodes, and frequent breaks in order to tie into the MCU movies as they drop throughout the year.

Nah, I hope they cancel the show. Have them cancel it and then revive it on Netflix. That's who will produce all the other shows anyway (Dare Devil, etc) might as well just keep the series at the same source. Not to mention that Netflix has been producing some real quality shows lately. Also, we get binge watch a whole season in one weekend if we want.

I ****ing loved Coulson at the end. After all the searching and wading through the ********, he gets his answer and it's just a very deadpan "huh.":lol

I'm happy with it as-is. It's fun having AoS and Arrow to look forward to (sort of) weekly.

Yeah, I love the set-up. I watch AoS, then Supernatural, and Arrow on Wednesdays.

Nah, I hope they cancel the show. Have them cancel it and then revive it on Netflix. That's who will produce all the other shows anyway (Dare Devil, etc) might as well just keep the series at the same source. Not to mention that Netflix has been producing some real quality shows lately. Also, we get binge watch a whole season in one weekend if we want.

Pass on that netflix ****. I have no interest in their service and would prefer shows to stay on what I already pay for.

Back