Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series! Beware Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series!

No, that was the congressman's question to Hill. :lol

Oh yeah :slap

There was a lot to absorb last night. It's insane how this show went to something you could sleep through without missing a beat to where it's at now with its intensity and storyline. The story is turning out great. It's awesome seeing Colson acknowledge that Stark thinks he's dead, loving all the little nods they're giving out, it's making me wonder when some of these hints will pop back up when we least expect it.

Nice for Marvel to finally flat out admit the Red Skull was a Nazi! :lol They've tried to dodge that issue for years now.

You're thinking of someone else. It's not even an issue to dodge, they've always acknowledged his past.

Edit.... I'm speaking comic wise, guess you could be talking CMU only.

Last edited:

In the CMU they have never dodged it either. He rebels against Hitler in the first movie, true, but they do directly say Hydra was working for him previously.

They never did say what Skye meant when she said that she left them a surprise/present did they?

You're thinking of someone else. It's not even an issue to dodge, they've always acknowledged his past.

Edit.... I'm speaking comic wise, guess you could be talking CMU only.

Yeeaaah, they've never dodged his past

104091074_sideshow-red-skull-ex-premium-format-statue-cpt-america-.jpg

That's Marvel's doing there, not Sideshow's. They've done Nazi figures before. But Marvel tends to shy away from the Red Skull being a Nazi. Yes it was clear he was a Nazi in Cap 1 but they never actually showed him in anything other than that faux SS uniform in the beginning to truly show he was a Nazi. They've tried to focus on Hydra rather than his Nazi past. I've always felt him being a Nazi is what made him such a good villain. Cap was created to fight against the Nazis. He's a historical character and I don't think they should be trying to deny parts of that history to make it more 'family friendly.' So I was quite pleased with how Skye made it crystal clear what he was :lol

It has his history of being created by Hitler and being the ultimate Nazi on his bio on the official Marvel website, not to mention the half dozen different outfits he's worn with Nazi symbols in the comics over the years as well as his droning about the third reich. Yeah, they're really dodging. Again, I said maybe you're talking about just the MCU, but as a company Marvel hasn't exactly tried to retcon anything from the past, it's not like they're rewriting their site etc... but if one doll is "years of dodging" in your imagination, then anything else presented obviously isn't going to make you think differently.

In today's modern world with its lack of critical thinking and how every bit of information is disseminated in sound bytes and gifs and people accept out of hand, accusations of racism, sexism, _______phobia, I understand they don't want a label slapped on them by someone looking for a spotlight. They don't want someone saying they are promoting Nazi anything. Its sad because the world seems to be forgetting the lesson WWII taught us. Fascism is alive and well with the modern thought police and how you are ostracized and publicly tarred and feathered if you do not hold the popular opinion. I wish Marvel/MCU would give more examples of the Nazis and the thinking behind them and maybe make people understand what evil is and how to recognize it.

this was such a great episode. i was hoping Skye would actually let Ward die but we knew it wasnt going to happen. i love Fitz reaction during Simmons assessment of Koening, it seemed like a natural reaction anyone would have about someone who they thought was their friend. cant wait for the next episode :rock:rock:rock

I can see fitz proclaiming his love for Simmons as they're sinking and only one of them makes it out.

Trying to make Ward a sympathetic character again has me scratching my head like it's a joke. I really don't care how many puppy dogs Garrett made him shoot. The flashback stuff just didn't grab me but I like that Garrett has turned into such a remarkably hateable character. Now that we know Garrett was part of the of project Deathlok from the beginning, this show has really turned into one long Deathlok origin story. I don't know if that necessarily helps the SHIELD brand but I'd definitely tune in to a Deathlok mini series or something like that.

Still don't care about Skye.

Back