White Queen to Wonder Woman convert custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the Hughes Wonder Woman with the snakes - was the first DCD statue I ever bought and I think the first comic oriented statue at all. Still one of my favorite pieces.

I can see how this statue adaptation may be appealing, but it certainly doesn't convey the artist's vision as the SSC line does where the pose, expression and costume design reflect the character.

I'm sorry, but I think that taking a limited edition Emma Frost comiquette and turning it into a Wonder Woman is a bad idea, regardless of how well it's done. Limited edition pieces are valuable in general, and to turn it into something else is to bastardize it. It is like turning an Enzo Ferrari automobile into a Porsche. It is very nice work, though, but the fact that I want an Emma Frost and don't have one yet, and someone makes one less by turning it into a Wonder Woman is deeply heartbreaking to me. Nice craftsmanship, though.

I'm sorry, but I think that taking a limited edition Emma Frost comiquette and turning it into a Wonder Woman is a bad idea, regardless of how well it's done. Limited edition pieces are valuable in general, and to turn it into something else is to bastardize it. It is like turning an Enzo Ferrari automobile into a Porsche. It is very nice work, though, but the fact that I want an Emma Frost and don't have one yet, and someone makes one less by turning it into a Wonder Woman is deeply heartbreaking to me. Nice craftsmanship, though.

I think some of us are missing the point here, or just didn't read the auction description...

Up for auction is a one of a kind Wonder Woman custom statue that i made from a damaged Sideshows White Queen Emma Frost. After purchasing the statue from Sideshow, my statue took a tumble off my shelf. So instead of repairing it, i decided to convert her into wonder woman.

I met Adam Hughes many years ago at a convention in California, not SDCC, he was a very fan friendly guy, talking & joking with fans and signed A LOT of comics and even did some drawings for fans (myself included).

I remember Mr. Hughes stayed until ALL the requested art was finished.

IMO...he's a Class Act.

totally agree with you,i had the pleasure of meeting him also.Great guy and great Artist.

Agreed, AH was extremely pleasant when I got a few initials during SDCC. Just make me appreciate his work that much more. A few artists get a big head when they make it big, and show it, which will immediately turn me and many fans off. Not the case with Adam. Great guy.

IMG_9334Large.jpg

I think some of us are missing the point here, or just didn't read the auction description...

Well, ok, it's not as bad as altering a new one, but I think like any other rare thing that is damaged, it should be repaired. Once again, very nice work that you did. If it was me, I'd try to restore it back and sculpt my own Wonder Woman, so that it looks exactly like I think Wonder Woman should look. But at this point, I would leave it like it is and enjoy it for what it has become until such time as the White Queen becomes valuable enough to restore to original. Needless to say, I tend top be a purist when it comes to collectibles. I wouldn't repaint a factory paint job on anything, but I would make a new head or other parts and change them on an existing figure if it wouldn't damage it. But I must give credit where credit is due. Thanks for sharing the pic. What does the back look like?

Well, ok, it's not as bad as altering a new one, but I think like any other rare thing that is damaged, it should be repaired. Once again, very nice work that you did. If it was me, I'd try to restore it back and sculpt my own Wonder Woman, so that it looks exactly like I think Wonder Woman should look. But at this point, I would leave it like it is and enjoy it for what it has become until such time as the White Queen becomes valuable enough to restore to original. Needless to say, I tend top be a purist when it comes to collectibles. I wouldn't repaint a factory paint job on anything, but I would make a new head or other parts and change them on an existing figure if it wouldn't damage it. But I must give credit where credit is due. Thanks for sharing the pic. What does the back look like?

Maybe you should actually look at the auction link in the first post :lol There's pics of the backside.

Since we don't know what the nature of the damage was, repairing the statue as Emma Frost may not have been a viable option. Personally, I think the artist did a fantastic job making something new and unique out of a damaged item and my hat's off to them.

it's not mine. I don't know why the hell I'm defending this anonymnous person, I just admired what he did out of a bad situation.

Maybe you should actually look at the auction link in the first post :lol There's pics of the backside.

Since we don't know what the nature of the damage was, repairing the statue as Emma Frost may not have been a viable option. Personally, I think the artist did a fantastic job making something new and unique out of a damaged item and my hat's off to them.

Ok, yes, I saw the link. My point was that the link wouldn't be there forever, and that posting the pic on the board would last longer and be more convenient.

Well, if all of the pieces were there, or even with some crushed, putty could have been used to fill the gaps after it was glued together with epoxy like JB Weld, and then touched up at the cracks. Its just one big 3D jigsaw puzzle, really, and certainly, it would be easier to repair a damaged Emma Frost than to make a new Emma Frost from scratch. That would restore the numbers of a valued collectible. I guess he just wanted a Wonder Woman more than an Emma Frost, that's all. He did do a great job. He did such a great job at sculpting the Wonder Woman costume parts that I am convinced that he could have restored it as Emma Frost far easier. If it wasn't a limited edition, as in 2400 made, and instead 160,000 made, then I'd say, sure, if it breaks, do what you want with it, no big deal. Its just that there are so few, and the fewer there are, the more the rest sell for, and the fewer people can get them in the future. Ahh well. Wonderful job, though.

I don't know much about adaptation of characters in either DC or Marvel but what I do know is that based on the pictures, that guy did a very nice job! :rock

Looks like they were able to make something fun out of a bad situation. Definitely doesn't have the same feel of AH WW (as was stated), but whoever did it, did a nice job.

Ok, yes, I saw the link. My point was that the link wouldn't be there forever, and that posting the pic on the board would last longer and be more convenient.

Well, if all of the pieces were there, or even with some crushed, putty could have been used to fill the gaps after it was glued together with epoxy like JB Weld, and then touched up at the cracks. Its just one big 3D jigsaw puzzle, really, and certainly, it would be easier to repair a damaged Emma Frost than to make a new Emma Frost from scratch. That would restore the numbers of a valued collectible. I guess he just wanted a Wonder Woman more than an Emma Frost, that's all. He did do a great job. He did such a great job at sculpting the Wonder Woman costume parts that I am convinced that he could have restored it as Emma Frost far easier. If it wasn't a limited edition, as in 2400 made, and instead 160,000 made, then I'd say, sure, if it breaks, do what you want with it, no big deal. Its just that there are so few, and the fewer there are, the more the rest sell for, and the fewer people can get them in the future. Ahh well. Wonderful job, though.

I'd have to disagree on that. A repaired Emma Frost really would always have to be sold as a "repaired Emma Frost". The value of the figure would have always been diminished by the accident, and who knows how severe the damage was? If you had to resculpt a portion of the figure, it never would have matched the original, and that alone would have put it on the same level as any other custom or repaint.

The flip side of this is the Wonder Woman is a 1 of 1...you'd have a truely unique and beautiful custom piece to add to your collection. No one else in the world would have one like it.

But if he'd have made a really crappy WW custom out of a broken Emma Frost, I can guarantee I'd be backing you up :lol At least the guy who made this custom obviously had a lot of talent and did an excellent job with it. I'd bid on it if I had that much spare change laying around :)

its an excellent custom. i've seen it in person. the paintjob is flawless as well.
its fully customised by john ficchi. he does work for bowen designs.

Sweet...but I don't think that I could allow my precious Emma to be "converted" like that, at least not at that price.

Last edited:
$1125?!?!! Now that's insane. as much as I liked this, I certainly wouldn't have thought it would have commanded that price. I was guessing more around $700-$800.

Well, that's more than an exclusive Emma goes for.

Admit it BlackT, you were wrong about the value/worth of this great custom. I highly doubt a repaired emma will ever reach 4X the going rate.

Last edited:
$1125?!?!! Now that's insane. as much as I liked this, I certainly wouldn't have thought it would have commanded that price. I was guessing more around $700-$800.

Admit it BlackT, you were wrong about the value/worth of this great custom. I highly doubt a repaired emma will ever reach 4X the going rate.

Well, there is no doubt of the greatness of the workmanship of the piece. As a comiquette, it certainly has better craftsmanship than the standard Emma Frost piece. I believe I always said it was great work. I still maintain that the artist is go great that he could have made a piece just as great as this or better from scratch, using whatever materials he felt like using. I still object to making one less Emma Frost, but it really is great nonetheless. At this point, it is so great, I'd leave it as it is, especially since it sold for so much money, however, who is to say he couldn't have made an even BETTER Emma Frost? I have to admit I don't know much about the artist, but if he's fairly well known, that would arguably ADD value to the piece, since it is now practically a hand made one off artwork.

Back