Be aware of this auction - Wolverine vs Sabretooth

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The seller of this piece is top notch and someone who takes great care in posting accurate descriptions as well as a lot of pictures. Just take a look at the auction. If he wanted to scam someone he would have done like most ebayers do and post stock photos and listed a minimal description. Not only did he list tons of pics and give a detailed description he replied to the thread starters inquiries with additional pictures. Does that sound like someone who is going to pull something fishy to you? I think computerfly needs to find something better to do with himself then start fires where there aren't any.

would you or somebody else mind posting your ebay name so I too can block you from any auctions I list. I don't need your kind of drama with ebay being as bad as it already is. :duh

Are you ^^^^ing kidding me? Steve (Computerfly) is a stand up guy and the fact that he's pointing this auction out for selling a junk statue is proof of that.

Start fires where there aren't any? All he was doing was pointing out an obvious flaw that many people may have missed in the regular pics. If I would have received an obviously repaired statue like that, I would have taken pictures and returned it the next day.

Seriously, with an attitude like that you aren't even worthy of buying stuff from Steve, me, or any other upstanding member on this board.

I think computerfly needs to find something better to do with himself then start fires where there aren't any.

would you or somebody else mind posting your ebay name so I too can block you from any auctions I list. I don't need your kind of drama with ebay being as bad as it already is. :duh

1st. Fly is just looking out for fellow board members. Independently, if the seller knew or didn't of that damage. He just pointed out some possible defects. I don't see anything wrong with that.

2nd. The member names and ebay IDs are in the permathread section if you care to look. Nevertheless, I would be more respectful being a newbie in this forum.

my 2 cents. peace out

Another thing...

if this seller is so reliable and trustworthy, he'd edit the auction to reflect the fact that he's selling a repaired statue, even if it's a factory repair.

I think I'll have to agree with the last three posts. I don't think ComputerFly meant any harm at all and perhaps csi's last post was a bit insensitive. As jbinny said, no need to try starting fires where there aren't any - what valid reason has ComputerFly given to get blocked off eBay? :confused::confused:

I still think Wolvie's right ear was re-cast otherwise something stinks in Denmark. That piece shouldn't be like that out the box, and I'm not saying it has anything to do with the seller.

Another thing...

if this seller is so reliable and trustworthy, he'd edit the auction to reflect the fact that he's selling a repaired statue, even if it's a factory repair.

Already edited, though I disagree that it's a repaired statue.

I will vouch for Comp as well, he said "beware" of auction, not u scum sucking recaster evil devil of the earth! :lol Comp is the most upstanding of guys here on the board and consider him a friend!

I think I'll have to agree with the last three posts. I don't think ComputerFly meant any harm at all and perhaps csi's last post was a bit insensitive. As jbinny said, no need to try starting fires where there aren't any - what valid reason has ComputerFly given to get blocked off eBay? :confused::confused:

I'll tell you why, because you can always find SOMETHING wrong with a statue, and he probably always will. It's his business how picky he wants to be, but those of us that don't have the same attitude don't want bidders that expect perfection on every statue when obviously Sideshow can't produce perfection every time.

I'm a newbie here so I'll leave you guys alone, those of you that think I'm offloading a broken statue, please feel free to avoid my auctions. Money is much less important to me than my name, which feels kind of soiled. I guess I was right about this forum for the years I wasn't here.

Another thing...

I don't know that there's any proof the statue was repaired. I think the problem here is arising from the different angle between the pictures and the lighting....with the lighting being the bigger problem.

Maybe F0RSAK3N could take some pictures indoor while doing his best to mimic the angle Sideshow used to take the pictures.

looks repaired to me

wolf.jpg

Seriously, with an attitude like that you aren't even worthy of buying stuff from Steve, me, or any other upstanding member on this board.

Um, ok. I shall attempt to prove my worthyness to you so I am more able to give you my money in the future :confused:

1st. Fly is just looking out for fellow board members. Independently, if the seller knew or didn't of that damage. He just pointed out some possible defects. I don't see anything wrong with that.

2nd. The member names and ebay IDs are in the permathread section if you care to look. Nevertheless, I would be more respectful being a newbie in this forum.

my 2 cents. peace out

I may have come across a big harsh, and perhaps computerfly was only trying to look out for his pals here, but to me at came across as if he was accusing Forsaken of trying to cheat someone and I know for a fact that Forsaken is a stand up guy who has been nothing but forthright with his descriptions as well as responding to any inquiries.

Another thing...

I still think Wolvie's right ear was re-cast otherwise something stinks in Denmark. That piece shouldn't be like that out the box, and I'm not saying it has anything to do with the seller.

perhaps you all who are assuming that the statue is defective wouldn't mind getting a camera and taking some pictures of their own Wolverine vs. Sabretooth dios from the exact same angles and posting them for comparison instead of using a stock photo.

I don't know that there's any proof the statue was repaired. I think the problem here is arising from the different angle between the pictures and the lighting....with the lighting being the bigger problem.

Maybe F0RSAK3N could take some pictures indoor while doing his best to mimic the angle Sideshow used to take the pictures.

look above

I'm a newbie here so I'll leave you guys alone, those of you that think I'm offloading a broken statue, please feel free to avoid my auctions. Money is much less important to me than my name, which feels kind of soiled. I guess I was right about this forum for the years I wasn't here.

I really don't think that anyone is trying to soil your name.

This thread was just a heads up because the ear didn't look right. IMO, it's pretty obvious that it didn't come out of the cast looking like that. I'm speaking from experience when I talk about factory repairs because it happened to me on a couple different statues... an Aragorn PF and a Wolverine comiquette. I didn't notice the repair/repaint on the Wolverine and quite frankly, I didn't want to believe it because of how much I originally sold it for ($750) and how much the repair made it worth in the eyes of the seller ($450).

Um, ok. I shall attempt to prove my worthyness to you so I am more able to give you my money in the future :confused:

perhaps you all who are assuming that the statue is defective wouldn't mind getting a camera and taking some pictures of their own Wolverine vs. Sabretooth dios from the exact same angles and posting them for comparison instead of using a stock photo.

Too late, I wouldn't sell to you now if it meant making a $1k profit. There are plenty of people on here that I'd rather resell a piece to at my cost than flip to buyers like you for a profit.

I sold my last exclusive a couple months back and every regular that I've opened and expected definitely didn't look like that... and there have been more than a few.

Ditto what jbinny said mate. I don't think anyone's trying to soil your name either, certainly not me and I've had to reply as it seems you mistook what I said and that made me feel teh pangs of guilt :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

I never said you were responsible for any faults/recasting on the statue... just that something looked off, and I think Titan's pics proved that. It may be that a previous owner tried his best to repair a fault or break [and hey the job isn't all that obvious unless you look closely and even then it can hardly be classed as shabby]. Someone also mentioned SS's QC and the fact that this might have slipped through... that's also a potential explanation.

I'm sorry if I seemed to imply that you were responsible, I honestly do not think you had anything to do with this as the listing was as descript as you could possibly have made it.

PS - please don't leave the forums!!! stay and indulge in our tea party!!!! :chew:chew:chew :mexwave:grouphug:grouphug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back