Be aware of this auction - Wolverine vs Sabretooth

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
url

good catch man, it definately looks to of been repaired by someone as sometime for sure.
not a very good job either. :google

wow, holy sht man. what happened to this thread.:confused:

as i had first stated in the very first post, i had not blamed the person selling this statue.
i would believe without a doubt that this could of very easily been a subpar repair done at the factory. i've received may a pieces that have clearly had repairs from factory directly from ssc, but since i'm an international customer i'm not one to return items for minor alterations.

sht i've gotten 4 ex. thors that each seem to have slight/minor repairs somewhere on the statue.

as for the seller i wouldn't worry to much about us bunch of butt munchers here since we only account for less than 1% of 1% of the ebay purchasers, so the acknowledgement of a repair on here shouldn't affect the sale of your piece.
though i would be prepared for a possible claim through ebay/paypal if the new purchaser happens to pick up on it.

Are you ^^^^ing kidding me? Steve (Computerfly) is a stand up guy and the fact that he's pointing this auction out for selling a junk statue is proof of that.

Start fires where there aren't any? All he was doing was pointing out an obvious flaw that many people may have missed in the regular pics. If I would have received an obviously repaired statue like that, I would have taken pictures and returned it the next day.

Seriously, with an attitude like that you aren't even worthy of buying stuff from Steve, me, or any other upstanding member on this board.

good point!

Holy Hell in a Handbasket! LOL!!

I certainly didn't mean to soil the seller's name, but as a person who has owned MULTIPLE WvsST dios, both regular and exclusive, I know when something isn't right with this piece when I see it. I knew it from the pictures on the auction, and I REALLY knew it after I got the pics I requested. CSI, I'm sure you're one of F0R's close buddies, and I'm sure he is an awesome guy and a stand up seller. I'm not arguing that. I'm merely pointing out that the FACTORY probably sent this out that way. I also mentioned that I had seen this type of FACTORY repair earlier in this thread. I didn't say F0R knowingly is trying to defraud anyone. In fact, I applaud him for being cool and sending me the photos to begin with. I have no issue with him blocking me.

As others have stated based on F0R's own photos, the piece has a factory FLAW, and a pretty bad one at that. That piece is probably the only one F0R has ever owned, and just figured that is the way they come so didn't really catch it.

I do want to thank the members of this board for standing up for me, and backing me up. Thanks for the support! It means a lot to me.

Here's a photo of one I had a while back. The ears should basically be mirror images of each other.

WTF3.jpg

ComputerFly I apologize if I came across harsh but it looked as if you were calling out the seller who is a good guy. I get that your only looking out for your buddies so I am sorry for attacking your character, however the seller is an honorable guy and if there appears to be a flaw in his statue then I can guarantee it wasn't known by him and I would suggest doing what the seller previously said in his post and don't purchase it.

No need to fight, it's a difference of taste, to some people the smaller details are very important. I'm less like that so I will stick to the places where I am more welcome, in the meantime everyone is aware now of the issue.

Man, some of you guys way too much time on your hands! :lol :lol :rotfl

Nice looking out Computerfly, cool of you to take the time to let fellow collectors know. ...of course there's always a chance that whatever auction in question belongs to a forum member. Makes for some interesting drama, eh?

F0RSAK3N - I feel for you man. You're really the victim of the flaw here more than anyone else at this point. And now that you know the issue, and have updated your auction, there can be no question that you are a stand up seller. I wish that all ebay sellers were as honest in their descriptions. As an occasional ebay seller myself, I totally sympathize with you on the "extremely picky buyer" deal. Folks need to realize that 99% of factory produced statues will have some type of flaw (however minor it may be).

That Wolverine mask-ear-wing-flap-extension-sting ray-flap jack-pizza slice thing looks like the donnie darko bunny...:bunnydanc

Last edited:
I think we've exhausted this topic. Despite all coming from the same molds, these statues are all individually painted and put together, so some differences between them may crop up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back