You gotta love this guy...Re: Hulk Vs Spidey Dio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get confused on the wattage rating of the fluorescent bulbs too. I think it's meant as an "equivalent" translator, meaning a 15W fluorescent is same as 60W incandescent.

I'm no expert, but I think there would be less chance of fading with fluorescent than with incandescent, mostly because less heat generated. When I had my IM under an incandescent without being dimmed, it got HOT, so I immediately implemented a dimmer and put on low setting. Looks much classier under low light during night time IMO.

Yeah, I guess the ones I got are fluorescent because my whole office lights up like an interrogation room! :lol

But I guess that makes sense with the fluorescence bulbs as opposed to the incandescent (hence why the only use 15 watts.) But the light they throw off is amazing! :google

Also I was thinking whenever I get my shelves and lighting I wouldn't b keeping the lights constantly on but I'm guessing even maybe just a couple hours over long periods (months, years, decades, etc...) of time might hurt statues like this... :confused:

Prolly will be going with a dimmmer option like Mesa was saying and keep it safe and also a safer distance from the top of the statue from the lights, that's just common sense! :lol

Also I was thinking whenever I get my shelves and lighting I wouldn't b keeping the lights constantly on but I'm guessing even maybe just a couple hours over long periods (months, years, decades, etc...) of time might hurt statues like this... :confused:

Prolly will be going with a dimmmer option like Mesa was saying and keep it safe and also a safer distance from the top of the statue from the lights, that's just common sense! :lol

Yeah, I stopped turning the light on in my display cabinets all together. It's not that bright of a display to begin with but nonetheless, it's best anyway because my cabinets are such a tight fit that no matter where you move the PFs, they're within inches of the light source. Works out better in the long run in my case. I'd rather keep a PF mint with no light source, then have the color fade because of a light.

I could never put my Buffy PF Ex. in harms way....:monkey2

Yeah, I stopped turning the light on in my display cabinets all together. It's not that bright of a display to begin with but nonetheless, it's best anyway because my cabinets are such a tight fit that no matter where you move the PFs, they're within inches of the light source. Works out better in the long run in my case. I'd rather keep a PF mint with no light source, then have the color fade because of a light.

I could never put my Buffy PF Ex. in harms way....:monkey2

I'm thinking the only PF that would look good faded is maybe Indy, throw some cobwebs on there and it's iconic!!!! :rock

That's funny. He must think collectors are stupid.
Another funny thing is...How many collection pics do you see where they have a statue on the top shelf of a Detolf, sitting directly under the light?
I keep all lighting as far away as possible. Can't wait til I can do the same with the dust.:banghead

This listing (270324542751) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.
If the listing was removed by eBay, consider it canceled. Note: Listings that have ended more than 90 days ago will no longer appear on eBay.

Back