IM Comiquette Ex on Ebay for $725 BIN!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mesa

Super Freak
Reaction score
I saw this one last night, but without the box, this is not my cup of tea. I hope someone here gave it a good home.

I saw this one last night, but without the box, this is not my cup of tea. I hope someone here gave it a good home.

Without the box i was thinking fake but having looked at his pics and the fake pics posted on this forum his had copper pins so looks real? as you say though without the box it wouldn't intrest me.

Without the box i was thinking fake but having looked at his pics and the fake pics posted on this forum his had copper pins so looks real? as you say though without the box it wouldn't intrest me.

I don't know if this is was another member's item, but I wonder what the story is behind a piece like this that has no box? How does one manage to save the Styrofoam and not the box??? :confused: Even it was real, when I saw it didn't have a box, I passed. (Nothing against those that don't keep the boxes or don't mind. Again, it's just not my cup of tea.)

I don't know if this is was another member's item, but I wonder what the story is behind a piece like this that has no box? How does one manage to save the Styrofoam and not the box??? :confused: Even it was real, when I saw it didn't have a box, I passed. (Nothing against those that don't keep the boxes or don't mind. Again, it's just not my cup of tea.)

Not sure if anyone here owned it but yeah no idea how you can't have the box? i never throw my boxes away incase i want to sell a statue on. It will lose you some value so even though the buggers take up loads of room i keep them.

Not sure if anyone here owned it but yeah no idea how you can't have the box? i never throw my boxes away incase i want to sell a statue on. It will lose you some value so even though the buggers take up loads of room i keep them.

I don't throw any of mine away either. But hey, to each his own right? :lol I'm glad it sold and found a good home....(hopefully.)

maybe the box was damaged in shipping or while in storage. this seems like the real deal so i'd give the seller the benefit of the doubt. congrats to whomever bought it!! hope you enjoy it. (i also keep all of my boxes even though they take up more room than the actual pieces most of the time. i'm thinking about tossing all the boxes to my 12" figures though)

maybe the box was damaged in shipping or while in storage. this seems like the real deal so i'd give the seller the benefit of the doubt. congrats to whomever bought it!! hope you enjoy it. (i also keep all of my boxes even though they take up more room than the actual pieces most of the time. i'm thinking about tossing all the boxes to my 12" figures though)

I'm giving the seller the benefit as well. Like I said earlier, it may even have been someone here. Bottom line: It sold and now, two people are happy. :banana

Lots of people live in places that don't allow them enough room to keep massive boxes, I think lots of members here have enough boxes to fill up a full room and that's a lot of wasted space in say, an apartment!

Lots of people live in places that don't allow them enough room to keep massive boxes, I think lots of members here have enough boxes to fill up a full room and that's a lot of wasted space in say, an apartment!

Yeah i get that i've run out of space myself now that's why i can't buy much more just saying i'd never get rid of a box i'd take it to family or friends to store :lol

I sent him an email asking about it. I believe this was a legit item. It's a moot point seeing as how the item is now sold. I almost wanted to buy it because I don't have the exclusive, only the original, which I paid more for than this one. Here is his email.

Sent: Monday, May 25, 2009 12:26 AM
To:
Subject: Re: You've received a question about your eBay item, Sideshow Exclusive Edition IRON MAN # 279/500 No Box

Scott,
The syrofoam is a gray color. I just purchased this and some other Sideshow statues from the original owner this past weekend at my store. We had a really bad storm a couple of weeks ago and the original owner lost all of his boxes to about 8 statues when his apt. flooded. Since his the statues were in a display case and the inserts were in storage they remained unharmed. I hope this helps.
Thanks,

I sent him an email asking about it. I believe this was a legit item. Here is his email.

Sent: Monday, May 25, 2009 12:26 AM
To:
Subject: Re: You've received a question about your eBay item, Sideshow Exclusive Edition IRON MAN # 279/500 No Box

Scott,
The syrofoam is a gray color. I just purchased this and some other Sideshow statues from the original owner this past weekend at my store. We had a really bad storm a couple of weeks ago and the original owner lost all of his boxes to about 8 statues when his apt. flooded. Since his the statues were in a display case and the inserts were in storage they remained unharmed. I hope this helps.
Thanks,

I'm not saying it wasn't legit but I was just disappointed their was no box. (That's unfortunate about the flood. :( That was one of the things I was thinking as well.)

looking at the eyebrow, it's legit. Great price. I paid for more than that for the exclusive.

He originally listed it yesterday/last night for 650obo, but I passed. Good deal either way.

Damn...650 and he raised it to 725?

If I didn't have one, then I would have offered $1500 for it :monkey5

Hey, have you guys looked at the base?

Does it not seen to have a rather more vibrant the usual blue on the base? Yes, it looks legit from those small pics, and I feel bad for the guy whose apartment flooded.

From the pics, the cracks look rather too blue and wondering if indeed this is a fake?:dunno

Back