You gotta love this guy...Re: Hulk Vs Spidey Dio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ComputerFly

Super Freak
Reaction score
https://cgi.ebay.com/Sideshow-Hulk-vs-Spider-Man-Diorama-with-Lights_W0QQitemZ270324542751QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item270324542751&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A4|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

So, take a good look at Spidey's hand and arm. It looks like it's been baked under a hot light.

He purposefully takes a close-up of the hand.

Then, he states in his auction:

"This Diorama is in PERFECT condition. No flaws, fading, cracks, or breaks anywhere on this statue."
LOL!

hotspidey.jpg

Re: You gotta love this guy...

Oh, this one is good too:

"It's been in the foam since day one. Only taken out to take pictures."

Take a good look at Hulk' back:

dustyHulk.jpg

quadcent probably got ahold of this and roasted it in the oven!!! :lol

j/k

Oh, this one is good too:

"It's been in the foam since day one. Only taken out to take pictures."

Take a good look at Hulk' back:

dustyHulk.jpg

I'm getting kinda sick ofpeople on Ebay and the whole 'new/undisplayed/removed just for these pictures' crap. I recently picked up a set of ne/undisplayed Stone Trolls that would have cost me $700 shipped. So I finally get around to opening them up and suprise, suprise... there are two chips in the green on the back of the far right troll, dust all around the edge of the base, and bristles frome a make-up brush stuck all over. Funny, I never knew these were left on a shelf to collect dust, the given a sh--ty dusting job before they shipped :confused:

All I'm saying is, stay the hell away from this seller.

Sorry to hear about the Trolls JB. I think people are starting to get a little desperate and will try anything to make a buck.

What's so bad about this guy is, it's just blatant. He takes the time to put in statements in HUGE BOLD LETTERs and then disproves those very statements with his photos...I mean, am I missing something here?

signed,

BAFFLED.

the guy has 3 feedback, why are you so surprised?

yeah, and all 3 are buyer feedback.

I'm surprised because the guy disproves himself with his own pictures, lol! I mean, you've gotta be pretty dense... Most people who are going to lie outright just use the factory photos to cover themselves. This guy just takes it to a whole new level ..

quadcent probably got ahold of this and roasted it in the oven!!! :lol

j/k

teehee, funny.:monkey2:monkey2

seriously though, who the hell painted that hand is color blind imo.:banghead

edit: i just noticed his ebay name is jokerexpress, what a joker, hehe

It's instances like this that make me glad I don't deal with Ebay. I mean I'm sure there are plenty of good, honest sellers on there, but the whole thing just seems like a big hassle. I'd much rather buy from you guys here.

The seller is selling quite a number of items. GG, DC and SS...
but this spidey incident.. make me think twice from buying from him...

wow talk about dumb...how can you do this and not realize it??? seriously, if i was gonna try to scam people like that i'd at least look at the picture before posting it. we should all start messaging him about the paint on the hand and see what his response is.

Quadcent, it's not a bad paint job. It's obviously been displayed in a case with some type of lighting, and spidey's hand has been sitting under that light for a very long time. That's why it's faded, along with just the very top edge of the forearm.

Quadcent, it's not a bad paint job. It's obviously been displayed in a case with some type of lighting, and spidey's hand has been sitting under that light for a very long time. That's why it's faded, along with just the very top edge of the forearm.

That's one of the things I've been paranoid about with my collectibles. It would take A LOT of light intensity AND A LOT of exposure to do that would it?

Hey Chapter,

Yeah, I was just looking for a photo someone posted in either a 'collection' thread or a 'which cabinet' thread. In that photo, the dio barely fit into the cabinet and he had the lights on. Spidey's hand was directly under the light, literally within one inch. I meant to say something to the guy about moving it. I would almost be willing to bet money that this is that guy.

hmm, i do see what you mean about the top of his forearm, i didn't see the paint starting to turn there also, and if you look at the close up of his hand, it almost looks like the end of the finger tips are also a darker red also.
so i can see this been a lighting issue.

Hey Chapter,

Yeah, I was just looking for a photo someone posted in either a 'collection' thread or a 'which cabinet' thread. In that photo, the dio barely fit into the cabinet and he had the lights on. Spidey's hand was directly under the light, literally within one inch. I meant to say something to the guy about moving it. I would almost be willing to bet money that this is that guy.

Funny thing is that I have an almost identical situation in my curio cabinet. I have a Buffy PF on the top shelf that is literally 2 inches from the light source. Luckily for me, after only a few hours of displaying it with the light on, the bulb burnt out! And I've been to lazy to replace it, BUT NOW I WON'T for fear of something like this from happening.

As soon as you mentioned the light incident, I checked it to see if there was any fading to the PF and thankfully, NOT! :google..........:blissy LESSON LEARNED!

Use florescent lights or purchase a dimmer switch for your curio and use a dimmable incandescent.

Use florescent lights or purchase a dimmer switch for your curio and use a dimmable incandescent.

Speaking of that: I recently bought those spiral-looking, "daylight" bulbs. (The energy saver versions that use 15 watts but produce 60 watts, which still doesn't make much sense but that's what the package said. :lol)

I believe those are florescent. So will those fade the paint app. on these pieces just like regular light bulbs would?

Speaking of that: I recently bought those spiral-looking, "daylight" bulbs. (The energy saver versions that use 15 watts but produce 60 watts, which still doesn't make much sense but that's what the package said. :lol)

I believe those are florescent. So will those fade the paint app. on these pieces just like regular light bulbs would?

I get confused on the wattage rating of the fluorescent bulbs too. I think it's meant as an "equivalent" translator, meaning a 15W fluorescent is same as 60W incandescent.

I'm no expert, but I think there would be less chance of fading with fluorescent than with incandescent, mostly because less heat generated. When I had my IM under an incandescent without being dimmed, it got HOT, so I immediately implemented a dimmer and put on low setting. Looks much classier under low light during night time IMO.

Back