White Queen to Wonder Woman convert custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think instead of just criticizing, adam should step up and make one happen then. :cool:

That's what I was getting at with my "prove it" comment, in case it was taken the wrong way.

How? Sideshow doesn't have the license. And DC Direct is content doing stautes without Adam's input. He doesn't own the license to her, and he doesn't personally sculpt. So exactly how do you propose that Adam satisfy your, and other collectors' desire to have an official "Adam Hughes Wonder Woman Statue"?

Also; don't misunderstand; Adam isn't criticizing. His girlfriend is.

Easy solution, have it done out of the Phillipines or Singapore.

Hey; the guy never says its meant to be an Adam Hughes WW; its just my preference. You guys are the first to point out "lazy eyes" and such. If I'm tough, its just cuz I want to fit in. :lol

Lazy eyes are hot....

crazy_eyes.gif

How? Sideshow doesn't have the license. And DC Direct is content doing stautes without Adam's input. He doesn't own the license to her, and he doesn't personally sculpt. So exactly how do you propose that Adam satisfy your, and other collectors' desire to have an official "Adam Hughes Wonder Woman Statue"?

Also; don't misunderstand; Adam isn't criticizing. His girlfriend is.

:lol guess my comment went right over your head.

DC produced an AH Wonder Woman v Serpents which is a very nice sculpt from Tim Bruckner however a fully sculpted 1/4 scale would be incredible if done in Adams style.

I agree with DS that this does not look like AHs style. In fairness to the painter I don't think it was meant to.

DS I have the first image as a litho that Adam produced. It always reminds me of Lynda Carter

The guys statue took a nose dive off of the shelf, at least that's what I remember reading from the description. So I think he did a fantastic job at salvaging the statue. I don't think it was ever meant to be interpretted as Adam Hugh's version of Wonder Woman. Let's not look too deeply into it.

DC produced an AH Wonder Woman v Serpents which is a very nice sculpt from Tim Bruckner however a fully sculpted 1/4 scale would be incredible if done in Adams style.

I agree with DS that this does not look like AHs style. In fairness to the painter I don't think it was meant to.

DS I have the first image as a litho that Adam produced. It always reminds me of Lynda Carter

Well, the auction specifically says that he was going for a Terry Dodson style, so all the aguements about it not looking like Hughes' style are kinda moot.

But if someone wants to compare it to Terry's art...have at it :)

That's what I was getting at with my "prove it" comment, in case it was taken the wrong way.

Easy solution, have it done out of the Phillipines or Singapore.

"Easy" isn't always "smart". If Adam were to do that, he'd be taken off all his DC projects, and never hired by them again. He, and other comics professionals are expected to behave, well, professionally.

"Easy" isn't always "smart". If Adam were to do that, he'd be taken off all his DC projects, and never hired by them again. He, and other comics professionals are expected to behave, well, professionally.

I was just being sarcastic. The increasing amount of cheap knock-offs coming out of Asia doesn't sit well with me.

I was just being sarcastic. The increasing amount of cheap knock-offs coming out of Asia doesn't sit well with me.

sorry I missed the sarcasm; its tough. I can't find the little "winking eye" emoticon on the emoticon menu!

It doesn't sit well with me, either. There are quite alot of garage kits that are based on Adam's art; be it printed art or convention sketches. And no one ever asks for permission to use the art or even bothers to touch base with the creator before hyping it as "Based on the work of Adam Hughes".

So I'm with you; I'm not a fan.

DarthSaffron, where has Adam been lately? I've been thinking that he hasn't been on the board in months.

Well; like any online community; it has its share of really awesome folks, and its share of not so awesome ones. Adam had enough run ins with the latter variety that he decided there were more prodcutive ways for him to spend his time.

Well; like any online community; it has its share of really awesome folks, and its share of not so awesome ones. Adam had enough run ins with the latter variety that he decided there were more prodcutive ways for him to spend his time.

Really? That really bites. I haven't seen you or Adam on recently so I figured your met one too many jerks.

So sad.

Tell Adam we love him and give him a big hug for us.

(Sorry to take the thread off topic. Move along, move along)

Perfectly understandable. I know exactly how he feels. Sometimes... I tell ya.

That is funny that he would not visit a message board anymore because of people that don't like his work. Taking criticism, good or negative is a must if you are going to be an artist in my opinion.

Not that posting on here is a requirement or anything but when and if he does post again, he shouldn't expect people to bow down to him or think he can do no wrong.

That is funny that he would not visit a message board anymore because of people that don't like his work. Taking criticism, good or negative is a must if you are going to be an artist in my opinion.

Not that posting on here is a requirement or anything but when and if he does post again, he shouldn't expect people to bow down to him or think he can do no wrong.

I never said that he stopped posting due to people that didn't like his work. You are reading into what I have posted, and jumping to your own, negative conclussions. If you 'd ever met Adam, then you'd know that the last thing he wants is for people to "bow down before him"; what a ridiculous thing for a person to say.

What can be frustrating is when you take the time to make intelligent posts, complete with visual examples or quotes, in the hopes of making sure that no one misunderstands you, and then to have your posts not read, or mis-quoted, or completely ignored by people that just want to stir up drama or be mean. Not unlike what you just did in the above quoted passage.

It can make coming here very frustrating.

I never said that he stopped posting due to people that didn't like his work. You are reading into what I have posted, and jumping to your own, negative conclussions. If you 'd ever met Adam, then you'd know that the last thing he wants is for people to "bow down before him"; what a ridiculous thing for a person to say.

What can be frustrating is when you take the time to make intelligent posts, complete with visual examples or quotes, in the hopes of making sure that no one misunderstands you, and then to have your posts not read, or mis-quoted, or completely ignored by people that just want to stir up drama or be mean. Not unlike what you just did in the above quoted passage.

So then what you are still saying in more words than necessary is exactly what I said. He left because he couldn't handle being treated just like everyone else. What you have stated happens to everyone on here regardless of who they are. Even artists who frequent this board regularly like Andy Bergholtz don't get bent out of shape about it.

I remember when Adam posted a custom and some people did not like it and suggested a few things to him... I don't think I ever saw him back here again after that incident. The forum members weren't even being rude to him but he took it like they were.

By the way, you ironically misquoted me in your own post. Re-read my post and what you have in quotations. :lol No worries, I am not angry about it or anything. I'll be back. :duff

I met Adam Hughes many years ago at a convention in California, not SDCC, he was a very fan friendly guy, talking & joking with fans and signed A LOT of comics and even did some drawings for fans (myself included).

I remember Mr. Hughes stayed until ALL the requested art was finished.

IMO...he's a Class Act.

I met Adam Hughes many years ago at a convention in California, not SDCC, he was a very fan friendly guy, talking & joking with fans and signed A LOT of comics and even did some drawings for fans (myself included).

I remember Mr. Hughes stayed until ALL the requested art was finished.

IMO...he's a Class Act.

totally agree with you,i had the pleasure of meeting him also.Great guy and great Artist.

Back