Be aware of this auction - Wolverine vs Sabretooth

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ComputerFly

Super Freak
Reaction score
https://cgi.ebay.com/Sideshow-Wolverine-Versus-Sabretooth-Statue-1006-1500_W0QQitemZ150342628612QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item23011e7504&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A4|65%3A3|39%3A1|240%3A1308|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A200

I was looking at this auction, and something in the photos wasn't sitting right with me, so I requested photos of the Wolverine head. The mask looks like the right 'ear' was broken off and or re-sculpted. I've seen this type of deformity on a couple of the regular versions of this piece, so if you're out to buy a regular, always ask for photos of Wolvie from straight on.

WTFEAR.jpg

https://cgi.ebay.com/Sideshow-Wolverine-Versus-Sabretooth-Statue-1006-1500_W0QQitemZ150342628612QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item23011e7504&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A4|65%3A3|39%3A1|240%3A1308|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A200

I was looking at this auction, and something in the photos wasn't sitting right with me, so I requested photos of the Wolverine head. The mask looks like the right 'ear' was broken off and or re-sculpted. I've seen this type of deformity on a couple of the regular versions of this piece, so if you're out to buy a regular, always ask for photos of Wolvie from straight on.

WTFEAR.jpg

good catch man, it definately looks to of been repaired by someone as sometime for sure.
not a very good job either. :google

Good grief... that is scary. to think an unsuspecting buyer will plunge right in and buy this one.

Very nice catch man. Thanks.

Last edited:
quoted from the auction

"There are no major flaws with this statue, it was opened only for inspection and pictures today and has not spent any time on display."

yeah right! :rolleyes:

thanks for pointing out computerfly youre a great help now we are aware thanks again

Nice catch...

Don't be so quick to assume that the seller is crooked, guys. Will (Darkdaysinvegas) and I had a similar situation with an exclusive Wolverine comiquette last year. I opened it for inspection before I sold it to him, but didn't remove the plastic from the actual statue and when he unwrapped it, he discovered that it had been broken at the ankle and given a half-assed repair job at the factory. It looked like crap, but made it past QC.

Exactly. I'm not saying the guy is trying to pull a fast one, but there is obviously some issues with this one, and I just didn't want to sit idly by and let one of you guys get stuck with a bad piece.

I know the seller he has a good rep. in other forums, as for the statue being repaired... not sure but I would still say its real. I think it might just be a tiny flaw

Exactly. I'm not saying the guy is trying to pull a fast one, but there is obviously some issues with this one, and I just didn't want to sit idly by and let one of you guys get stuck with a bad piece.

Thank u Steve, u :rock :rock :rock it is definitely much appreciate as I would do the same for u! :chew

THat is one BAD repair

Post the picture that you are looking at, I'm not quite sure what is looking wrong, is the right ear to straight and should be more curved like?

I know the seller too...he isn't trying to pull a fast one on anyone.

I do think it is a little funny that:

1) You are comparing a picture that was taken from a higher angle to the SS one from a lower angle.

2) That you are comparing a mass produced piece to the proof used for advertising shots (and possible a little airbrushed)

3) Are saying definitively that it is a repaired piece not really knowing...I mean of course SS always put out EXACT, PERFECT replicas of all their statues with no minor deformities.

Probably if I was trying to pull a fast one I wouldn't have sent the additional pics to you. Anyone else that wants to message my eBay account and join my blocked bidders list, please feel free. I don't see a problem with the mask and don't want to sell to anyone who does. IF it was repaired, then it was done at the factory as I broke the seal recently to check and take pictures.

Post the picture that you are looking at, I'm not quite sure what is looking wrong, is the right ear to straight and should be more curved like?

Yeah, I'm with Ski on this one. What's wrong with the pic??? Is it the ear on the right side of the picture or the left side of the picture? And should that side be straighter or more curved? :confused:

I honestly don't think that this piece is damaged at all, nor do I see any problem with the ear.

Nice catch...

Don't be so quick to assume that the seller is crooked, guys. Will (Darkdaysinvegas) and I had a similar situation with an exclusive Wolverine comiquette last year. I opened it for inspection before I sold it to him, but didn't remove the plastic from the actual statue and when he unwrapped it, he discovered that it had been broken at the ankle and given a half-assed repair job at the factory. It looked like crap, but made it past QC.

I was just about to say that. The factory often slips by crap like this. It doesn't always mean it is a recast.

I know the seller too...he isn't trying to pull a fast one on anyone.

I do think it is a little funny that:

1) You are comparing a picture that was taken from a higher angle to the SS one from a lower angle.

2) That you are comparing a mass produced piece to the proof used for advertising shots (and possible a little airbrushed)

3) Are saying definitively that it is a repaired piece not really knowing...I mean of course SS always put out EXACT, PERFECT replicas of all their statues with no minor deformities.

The seller of this piece is top notch and someone who takes great care in posting accurate descriptions as well as a lot of pictures. Just take a look at the auction. If he wanted to scam someone he would have done like most ebayers do and post stock photos and listed a minimal description. Not only did he list tons of pics and give a detailed description he replied to the thread starters inquiries with additional pictures. Does that sound like someone who is going to pull something fishy to you? I think computerfly needs to find something better to do with himself then start fires where there aren't any.

would you or somebody else mind posting your ebay name so I too can block you from any auctions I list. I don't need your kind of drama with ebay being as bad as it already is. :duh

I know this seller personally and I would back his word with my Hellboy collection :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back