"The Good, the Bad & the Ugly" Custom Figure Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received my Poncho and vest from velvet morning today. Top notch quality and workmanship. :)

Received my Poncho and Vest from Scott :yess:
Took a few quick photos. These are the nices Poncho and Vest I've seen anywhere. Can't thank Scott enough for doing this for us.

100_4581.jpg

LOVE the vest its perfect. I can live with those TTL pants at least for now i weathere and dusted them up at the bottom a few weeks ago. The new poncho I like better than the Rainman's I think but I love Rainman;s too. my Clint has been stimulated... :monkey3:monkey3 Now hes one of my favorites once again as he should be!!

I'll post sme pictures when i get some time.

THANKS Scott... wonderful additions that Im really happy with!

Thanks guys! That is awesome to hear. I'm happy you like em! :hi5:

Wow Ray man! That's freakin amazing!!! Looks just like he jumped out of the screen!

Did Rainman painted that head or was it Studio DF?

Thanks

Thanks guys! Thanks to Rainman, velvet mourning and the collected enthusiasm and collaboration of this board. I have what I real is as clse ad it gets to a near perfect representation. Scotts bits took this figure to a level I can deem perfect. This now may be my favorite all tome collectable item I own!!

The paint job is indeed DF studio. His best IMO and I think his first Rainman project. It continues to be not only one of the most reaaliatic paint jobs in my collection but I think actually better than Rainmans painted version of this sculpt. Somehow more realistic and the likeness shines through more. There's comparrison pics somewhere back... The DF somehow outshines...

Thanks guys.

For the pants dusting I took white acrylic mixed with a spot of brown and a spot of black and scrumpled his pants up to his calves and very lightly drybushed with a regular brush. then I unscrumped and mixed a slightly darker shade and drybrushed all over to just above the knees.

the acrylic gave it this sort of sandy texture to it. I'm pretty happy with it!

Oh yah MarfMaster I forgot to say, I've got your shirt done but have not made it to the post office as my new job hours overlap theirs. Grrr, i'm going to say i have an apt one time this week to get there t ship stuff out. thought I'd update you. Sorry... off topic!

Hi folks,

I am new in this forum and I live in Brazil . I am still astonished with they figures I have seen here. It is AWESOME!!!!!! Congratulations for all of you!!!!!!!!
Well, I am a big fan of western movies but unfortunately here in Brazil we do not have this kind of stuff .. All that I got came from the internet.
Although I have experience in modeling plastic kits this will be my first attempt to custom a figure. I would like to build Clint Eastwood "blondie" figure
Could you please give some hints of what pieces (shirt, pants, boots) is still available and where I can find them?
I saw in a previous post that there is a pattern to the poncho. How do I paint it into the fabric?
I appreciate any help
Thank you

Mauro

Maybe this will shed some light on the "What color are the MwNN jeans?" mystery.

"He (Eastwood) worried that there might be a shortage of appropriate props and costumes, so he brought along some of his own wardrode from Rawhide, including boots, spurs, holster and the pistol grips that he considered a good-luck charm, as well as a couple of black Levi's jeans, which he'd bleached to make them look more like cowboy attire.

Taken from the Cinema Retro: The Dollars Trilogy issue. (very cool mag by the way. With lots of great pics and info on the films, as you'd imagine)

Hi all,

I am getting close to finally having my Blondie done so I can show pics to you all, but want some advice on the jeans.

I got a pair of these jeans:
https://cgi.ebay.com/Wild-Toys-1-6-...ow-WT004D-/270617002887?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

They fit nicely on the body but was wondering if I should dye them black to make them darker. They are black but have a light fade overall. I wonder about the "bleach jeans" part in Scott's post. Does that mean they were a bit faded? Plus the stichings are showing. Would the dark dye cover the stichings?
And will the jeans shrink at all due to the dye. Any pointers. I am new to this so appreciate any advice. Thanks!:wave

Hi all,

I am getting close to finally having my Blondie done so I can show pics to you all, but want some advice on the jeans.

I got a pair of these jeans:
https://cgi.ebay.com/Wild-Toys-1-6-...ow-WT004D-/270617002887?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

They fit nicely on the body but was wondering if I should dye them black to make them darker. They are black but have a light fade overall. I wonder about the "bleach jeans" part in Scott's post. Does that mean they were a bit faded? Plus the stitchings are showing. Would the dark dye cover the stitchings?
And will the jeans shrink at all due to the dye. Any pointers. I am new to this so appreciate any advice. Thanks!:wave
It all depends on the material. Because when you dye you have to use boiling water, so if it's cotton it may, but I've dyed quite a bit and never had any thing shrink. But sometimes the stitching is synthetic and does take the dye and reminds a lighter color. Just remember to rinse it in vinegar and water to set the dye so it doesn't stain your figure. I think 1 part vinegar to 4 parts water should do it.

Those Wild Toys jeans look good. I want to dye my James Dean blue jeans black, not sure if they will look right though.

I really need to take another look at the GBU movie. I wish they would put it on tv, hasn't been on in a long time.

Those Wild Toys jeans look good. I want to dye my James Dean blue jeans black, not sure if they will look right though.

I really need to take another look at the GBU movie. I wish they would put it on tv, hasn't been on in a long time.

Tuesday Aug 31 is Clint Eastwood day on TCM. GBU is on at 2:45 PM

Jim

Back