SDCC 2009 Toynami DC Products

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and Darklord even mentioned that the empty spot next to it is for the BATMOBILE? :google

Now if that is a true studio scale Anton Furst Batmobile, she's going to be around 30" long. I believe the scale for the R/C version they ran in the '89 film was 1/8. The one I have is around 30" long and about that scale. It is fiberglass as well and I have never built it. Man oh man! That's just insane! I bet both the Batwing and Batmobile will each retail around two or two and half grand...
And Riko...a 1/6 Batwing! DUDE! That would take up your whole living room.

Now if that is a true studio scale Anton Furst Batmobile, she's going to be around 30" long. I believe the scale for the R/C version they ran in the '89 film was 1/8. The one I have is around 30" long and about that scale. It is fiberglass as well and I have never built it. Man oh man! That's just insane! I bet both the Batwing and Batmobile will each retail around two or two and half grand...
And Riko...a 1/6 Batwing! DUDE! That would take up your whole living room.

76 cm long :horror
I hope DARKLORD wasn't wrong about this, now he has given all keaton batman fans hope!! :duh

The batwing is much bigger than 1/20, it's at least 1/12 of not 1/10, but it's about 2.5 feet from wing tip to wing tip.

They put out the Batmobile today and the cowl from Batman '89. I was less impressed with the Batmobile, it looked more toylike and had a glossy shine all over it. I"m hoping it's just the paint. It appears to be the same scale as the Batwing.

Hey guys. As Riko knows, I have a fiberglass/resin kit replica of the smaller studio scale filming miniature of the Batwing. I think the scale on mine is anywhere from 1/20 up to 1/16. I don't know the exact scale, but it is "supposedly" pulled from a mold made from the original miniature for the film. The dimensions on my Batwing are 22 and half inches long and 27 and a quarter in wingspan. Hey Darklord Dave if you're reading this and at the Con, ask the powers that be at the booth if their Batwing is based on the smaller filming mini.
And as a parting comment--COMIC CON is EVIL! My ^^^^ing bank account is going to be obliterated by this Batwing, the QMX studio scale Enterprise and that half scale Ironman maquette. ^^^^!!! And I am now running out of room...

I hope somebody posts pics of the Batmobile and cowl soon. I'm really curious to see them, although the size of these things might keep me from getting them.

The batwing is much bigger than 1/20, it's at least 1/12 of not 1/10, but it's about 2.5 feet from wing tip to wing tip.

They put out the Batmobile today and the cowl from Batman '89. I was less impressed with the Batmobile, it looked more toylike and had a glossy shine all over it. I"m hoping it's just the paint. It appears to be the same scale as the Batwing.

IMG_0844.jpg

This is what my Batwing looks like unassembled with Bondo on it. I was just guessing at the scale but 1/12 I think sounds about right the more I think about it. Also, the dimensions you gave Dave are right on with what I have--it's about 28" from wing tip to wing tip. Awesome! This will be a MUST buy. And hopefully someone will put up a couple of pics of that Batmobile soon. It's probably just the prototype paint job but the '89 Batmobile should have a matte/flat finish.

I have 2 difference 30"1989 Batmobile.
One is painted and the other is till in unbuilt condition
DSC09929.jpg

I hope somebody posts pics of the Batmobile and cowl soon. I'm really curious to see them, although the size of these things might keep me from getting them.

And hopefully someone will put up a couple of pics of that Batmobile soon. It's probably just the prototype paint job but the '89 Batmobile should have a matte/flat finish.

indeed, I sure hope somebody postst some pictures of that Batmobile!

And lets hope they finish it with matte paint...

Edit: Thanks Darklord Dave! :)

+ that maks seems to be the Returns version.
Hmmm, so that is 30" long that Batmobile? damn I can't see what those tags say....measurements? unfinished ?

Clearly the rooftop can be opened like in the Hotwheels version, but they didn't display it opened here...my guess is this is not yet finished in the details?
Look at the rims...no batsign on them, look unfinished, also the pipework on the side look like they just put it their, unpainted, unattached :)

But I think in this scale (1/10) this thing will look badass when finished

Last edited:
I ordered so many things yesterday it's not even funny. But I was really impressed with the Batwing and thought it looked excellent. I'll have to give it some serious thought and then I'll make my final decision after the Con.

Thanks for the pic, Dave!

I'm not crazy about the Batmobile. Too glossy and no bats on the wheel hubs. I love that cowl though.

I bet you that batmobile isn't finished...

It's funny you say that because that's what came to mind when I saw it. The paint, even though it's glossy, looks really bad and it really lacks any detail overall, especially compared with the Batwing. Looks like the canopy is fixed too but it's hard to tell.

It's funny you say that because that's what came to mind when I saw it. The paint, even though it's glossy, looks really bad and it really lacks any detail overall, especially compared with the Batwing. Looks like the canopy is fixed too but it's hard to tell.

no, it is clear that the canopy is not fixed, look at the rail track where the canopy slides over...it is the same system as on the Hot Wheels.

+ look at the rims...nobody can fool us by selling a batmobile witout ANY details on the wheels....there are nog bolts, no batsign, no detail at all.

+ look at the pipes on the side, the metal parts. Just white, seems unpainted, even seems to be put there just for display.

No details at all, nothing. When compared to dhe Batwing it is obvious that this batmobile is not finished....
Both are from the same company yet the batmobile looks like that, how come? unfinished...

@ Darklord Dave: is it possible to take pictures of those tags and show us what is said on that? :eek:
+ maybe a close up of the interior of the Batwing? :)
And if you or somebody can ask if that Batmobile is the finish product, it would help alot

Michael Crawford has some nice pics of it up on his site. Looks like a limited run of 500 on the tag but I can't make out much more. He's got some close up shots of it that really show how unfinished it looks.

EDIT:

Michaels pics...

Even looks like the grills were hastily stuck on and the driver's side one is coming off.

Michael Crawford has some nice pics of it up on his site. Looks like a limited run of 500 on the tag but I can't make out much more. He's got some close up shots of it that really show how unfinished it looks.

EDIT:

Michaels pics...

Even looks like the grills were hastily stuck on and the driver's side one is coming off.

aha indeed!

this is all clear now that its far from finished :D
I guess they reaaally wanted to show to the public that they were making a Keaton Batmobile.

But still no clear image of what is said on those tags...:eek:
indeed, I think the last line is "limited ed 500 pc"

aha indeed!

this is all clear now that its far from finished :D
I guess they reaaally wanted to show to the public that they were making a Keaton Batmobile.

But still no clear image of what is said on those tags...:eek:

The lower image says:
Batmobile
"Batman"
Limited ed 500 pcs

Whoa, this stuff is drool-worthy. Besides the fact that the grill is lifting off the driver's side of the Batmobile, of course. Where the heck did Toynami come from and does anyone know of any other notable pieces they've produced?

Whoa, this stuff is drool-worthy. Besides the fact that the grill is lifting off the driver's side of the Batmobile, of course. Where the heck did Toynami come from and does anyone know of any other notable pieces they've produced?

nope, was wondering the same thing. On their website we see really plasticky stuff and not such high end movie replica's.

And that Batmobile is certainly not finished, if this is going to be as detailed as from what we see from the Batwing, I predict this to be badass.

But nobody seems to be certain about the scale of both, but nonetheless, this is a must for me.

I hope to see some interior pictures in the future of these badasses :)

Very interested in that cowl if it is made from good durable material. I wonder how expensive it will be.

Back