New Dark Knight Rises Figures - Mattel.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think TDKR Movie Masters can have their own thread, unless someone disagrees :dunno

The Batsignal looks really good indeed.

Disagree!:yess:

Honestly I couldnt care less, but these woill definitly look great together on the shelve.

If I am ot mistaken the Dark Kight is a straight rerelease of the secondone right?

For that scale they look decent and the Batsignal is a very ice addition and miles better than those stupid evidence bags they used to include with the TDK line. I really start to regret having passed on this line... But you cant have everything...:lecture

Wow, these look awful.

They don't even come close to the anticipation and hype of the original 2008 TDK Movie Masters with Batman, The Joker, Grumpy and unmasked chase Batman.

Bane's proportions are horrible (check out those gorilla hands) and he looks really cartoony. Batman is just a rehash of the 2008 figure but the paint is no where near as good as the older version. The old one was this nice, matte finish, now it's this glossy black and gray. Catwoman is the best of the bunch, but that's not saying much. I doubt the 4 horsemen sculpted these, it's probably the same team that's done the Arkham figures. The in house Mattel sculptors.

The only good thing about this line is that nicely sculpted bat-signal but I think that's going to be a collect and connect. So they'll force you to buy every figure to get it. I wouldn't buy into the hype this time like everyone did for the Joker. You're better off waiting for clearance in the fall when they're 3-5 bucks a pop.

Wow, these look awful.

They don't even come close to the anticipation and hype of the original 2008 TDK Movie Masters with Batman, The Joker, Grumpy and unmasked chase Batman.

Bane's proportions are horrible (check out those gorilla hands) and he looks really cartoony. Batman is just a rehash of the 2008 figure but the paint is no where near as good as the older version. The old one was this nice, matte finish, now it's this glossy black and gray. Catwoman is the best of the bunch, but that's not saying much. I doubt the 4 horsemen sculpted these, it's probably the same team that's done the Arkham figures. The in house Mattel sculptors.

The only good thing about this line is that nicely sculpted bat-signal but I think that's going to be a collect and connect. So they'll force you to buy every figure to get it. I wouldn't buy into the hype this time like everyone did for the Joker. You're better off waiting for clearance in the fall when they're 3-5 bucks a pop.

Agreed. They are the same with maybe a new paint app. The Bane and Catwoman are new but are just lame IMHO. The bat signal is the only thing worth getting but I guess you've got to buy all of the figures to make one signal. Major no go there.

i disagree with this, ive heard this before where people think he doesnt make his women sexy enough. I think its ridiculous. why do women always have to be sexual objects in movies? A smart, intelligent, sophisticated women is just as sexy as anyone. And to me, thats what Nolan does, he makes his characters (male or female) more like everyday people. Rachel Dawes is a DA, why does she need to look like she wants sex 24 hrs a day? Marion Cotillard in INCEPTION is such a beautiful woman. She doesnt need to walk around like a Megan Fox with her clothes falling off. Most movies make women overly sexy on purpose and i think Nolan takes that down many notches and goes for more sophisticated everyday people. Reminds me more of people from old classic movies. His Selina Kyle i think is definitely based off of old classics actresses, style, fashion, looks.

:clap :hi5:

The women in Inception are fine, I guess (Marion is a ghost and the Juno girl is just a cardboard cut out that reacts to what the audience questions) they're an exception but Rachel is not just a TERRIBLE female character, but a terrible character in general. Both of them. It has nothing to do with viewing her or any of Nolan's female characters as "sexual objects", they're just flat out bad with a few exceptions.

I'm sure Selina Kyle/Catwoman will be better. She should be, she's an important character.

Back