New Dark Knight Rises Figures - Mattel.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I love the diversity. These figures are obviously meant for collectors and not for kids, I think they will sell fairly well. I'm sure Alfred will be shortpacked as well. :lol

So are we all agreeing the sixth figure is probably Ras or Miranda?

Watch it end up being Lucius or Selina. :lol

I'd put money on Ra's as before the last wave of Batman Movie Masters 2-packs, he was on a list of to-be-released figures that leaked. The other two MM figures on the list (Gordon and Honor Guard Joker) were both released already, as were the Batman Legacy figures included (Catman, Silver Age Batgirl, Super Powers-ish Mr. Freeze). So there's no reason to think that a Ra's isn't already approved and sculpted.

In fact, I'd wager that if for some reason the sixth figure isn't Ra's, and say it's some other surprise from the movie, Ra's and his daughter will most assuredly show up as the Dark Knight Rises Comic Con exclusive this year. Toyguru did mention DKR is getting a San Diego exclusive, so I could see Ra's ending up there.

Personally, I'm really hoping a Lucius Fox shows up somewhere along the way.

I gave up the line and all of Mattel's figures after the Dark Knight Movie Masters line. I haven't collected low end for about a year.

The quality control issues are horrible. Nearly every action figure had a fault (and I bought multiples of each). If it wasn't two right legs, it was secreting disgusting oils, if it wasn't the oil, it got that infamous gray dust on certain limbs. They really are garbage.

$18, worth it? I don't think so. I stuck with the line all the way through when the final waves with Harvey Dent/Two-Face were up on Matty Collector and Toys R Us. It took them too long to get those obvious choices out.

They suck. Those two-ups look nice but people are kidding themselves if they think that's what they'll end up getting. Remember those come time this summer.

They start out like this,

Perfect_MM_Prototype.jpg

Jail_Cell_Joker.jpg

Two-Face-full.jpg

But what you end up getting is far different.

01.jpg

jcjokerfront.jpg

8307d1278075054-dark-knight-movie-masters-two-face-img_4203.jpg

I gave up the line and all of Mattel's figures after the Dark Knight Movie Masters line. I haven't collected low end for about a year.

The quality control issues are horrible. Nearly every action figure had a fault (and I bought multiples of each). If it wasn't two right legs, it was secreting disgusting oils, if it wasn't the oil, it got that infamous gray dust on certain limbs. They really are garbage.

$18, worth it? I don't think so. I stuck with the line all the way through when the final waves with Harvey Dent/Two-Face were up on Matty Collector and Toys R Us. It took them too long to get those obvious choices out.

They suck. Those two-ups look nice but people are kidding themselves if they think that's what they'll end up getting. Remember those come time this summer.

They start out like this,

Perfect_MM_Prototype.jpg

Jail_Cell_Joker.jpg

Two-Face-full.jpg

But what you end up getting is far different.

01.jpg

jcjokerfront.jpg

8307d1278075054-dark-knight-movie-masters-two-face-img_4203.jpg

You hated the line that much but you stuck with it for years?

I agree that they're not for everyone, but they're certainly for me. I enjoy smaller scaled figures, and don't expect perfection from action figures at that price point.

I know for sure I will be getting the Catwoman. I won't be able to wait for the Hot Toys without going crazy so having a small Catwoman will help ease the wait. :lol

You hated the line that much but you stuck with it for years?

I agree that they're not for everyone, but they're certainly for me. I enjoy smaller scaled figures, and don't expect perfection from action figures at that price point.

Wave 1 wasn't bad and I liked the Wave 2 Scarecrow but the line just got progressively worse as time went on. I didn't always hate it and kept with it. Around 2010 I looked at what I ended up accumulating and just couldn't get over how crappy the final product was. I don't expect perfection either but Mattel really screwed the pooch with the TDK Movie Masters and botched the line like they usually do. Remember that little, unexplained Wave 1 recall, or how long it took them to finally put out a Two-Face? They still haven't shed light on that chemical reaction that occurs on the limbs of these figures.

I'm not naive anymore to think they won't do it again with these. If it were the same old, 10 dollar price point, I'd agree with you. But these suckers are almost $20 now. That's more than NECA. They're smaller, don't come with any accessories and are usually nothing like the great 4 Horsemen sculpts that the 2-ups bring. I can't believe people are buying into the "Movie Masters!" hype again, especially those that went through the the first line. People are actually genuinely excited, or are they just blinded by a new movie year? By this time next year, this line will be a thing of the past. I bet people shell out a bunch of dough and waste a lot of time looking for them too. Remember the Wave 1 Movie Masters Joker going for $100 back in May of 2008?

i wish they would have done these MM figures for the older films!

Alfred and Blake look good. Really glad they're not making multiple Batmans necessary for the Bat-Signal. Sucks to have to buy another TDK Batman, but hell, the suit is the same, and there should be at least 1 Batman in a Batman line.

There's still talk of that. Matty Batman wants to make it happen, along with figures from the Adam West series. Here's hoping...

REALLY??Any talk of 1966 action figures makes me very happy indeed!!I know they re releasing the 1966 Batcopter at the end of this month in the 1/48 scale.

I wish they would have taken the time to redo the Batman with updated articulation. And a new cape sculpt...

REALLY??Any talk of 1966 action figures makes me very happy indeed!!I know they re releasing the 1966 Batcopter at the end of this month in the 1/48 scale.

Over on the Ask Matty Batman boards, the Batman representative keeps saying that both Keaton figures and 1966 figures are constantly discussed. Sounds like they're really trying to get the Powers that Be let them produce these guys.

Haven't heard about the Batcopter. Is that in the Hot Wheels line?

That kid from Angels in the Outfield. The one that's boning or boned Black Widow.

Isn't JGL "John Blake"? I don't get the John Smith connection...

Man, all I meant was the guy appears to be a nobody, "John Smith", "John Doe", generic cop guy. Yeah his name is John Blake, it was a play on words. The guy is getting a toy, why? That's all.

___ck.

I am getting these but i have a feeling that i may end up modding and repainting these like i did with the joker , two face and batman. repainted both twoface andjoker to look like the film, and changed the plasti dust bunny cape on bats for a material one, the sculpts are there but they keep messing up the paint.

Back