Mezco 1:12 collective Frankenstein's Monster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here. If there's more than one tiny guy for the shelf I might dive into this line. Dracula, Wolfman, Creature...what an awesome lineup it would be.

STILL can't decide which version to get...

Does anyone here have both the Color and "B&W"? Can someone post a pic of both side by side with the non angry face?

I'd appreciate it.

If anyone needs the B&W version shoot me a PM, I took him out of his package for about two minutes and never switched his head or hands or anything. Was hoping Mezco would gave had some of the other monsters on display but they didn't and I already have too many collections going on I think. I'd charge what BBTS charged me plus free shipping.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpg

This is BY FAR the BEST RENDITION OF BORIS KARLOFF AS AN ACTION FIGURE EVER!
the sideshow son of Frankenstein is a close second ties with the bride of version. But this guy in this scale takes the cake! I can't wait for the Creature from the Black Lagoon, wolf Man, Dracula, and the mummy. Bring 'em on Mezco! Excellent work!!!

Really glad I went with the PX color version, he looks perfect.

One thing though.... does this guy have any elbow articualtion? I can't seem to get him to bend much there at all.:confused:

I'm sure it should have, most do, just don't force it. Best idea would be to strip the figure down so you can see what is what. I'm really kicking myself for missing out on this now. Mezco don't do second runs.

^Missing out? He's still fairly easy to get on Ebay and Amazon at a decent price. I snagged the PX for $63 from Amazon about a week ago.

It's only up a few bucks now to $69.

This is one of the best purchases I have ever made. Although I haven't gotten completely invested in the line. I got the Frankenstein figure without the dio and I'm hoping to get another B&W to keep in box and a colored version to have loose also. I did get the Judge Dredd from this line and it's a fantastic figure. As you would expect, there are some small issues here and there with the articulation being hindered by the clothing but it's nothing to be majorly concerned about for me.

@deathcomesripping Basically, you have a swivel where the forearms swap but there is also a hinge in the elbow. You have to be kind of careful when bending it because I feel like if I push too hard its going to snap the peg where the arms change out..... This has been my only real concern with the figure.

Has Mezco commented on releasing more classic Universal Monsters?

I just bought two of the B/W Franks from www.jet.com for $47.80 each w/ free shipping using the SAVE15 coupon code.

I haven't seen anything. I've been waiting to see more news but nothing... really, the Wolfman and dracula, the bride, Dr. Frankenstein, fritz, they could do lots more but I want a Creature from the lagoon. I can't really see how a mummy would work well either. They've never shown any others but we can hope for some at sdcc. Don't think we'll get any.

Frank didn't sell all that well. Both versions can easily be found for well below retail.

It's such a great looking figure. I had hoped at the very least we might get Dracula and Wolfman.

I'm guessing that's probably not going to happen.

Yes, I don't think he sold well at all. I love all of the 1/12 figs but that one is my favorite. At one point, he was sold out on the site but then went back up. I think it's more to do with the Universal monsters being dead and gone than anything. Most people are aware of them but generally, in my experience, hardcore fans are few and far between. I even suspect a larger portion of the population have not seen the films then have. I think a figure like this has to be done in smaller runs. You have super fans of the films who will buy any and all monster stuff, collectors of particular films, "line collectors" who will buy all figs of a certain line, and then just passers by who pick it up because it's a great fig. I can't imagine any of these groups being very large or large enough to buy in numbers relative to what it costs to produce and make a figure like this profitable.

I looked on eBay and prices hadn't dropped at all. Anywhere that might have reductions is probably in the US or overseas where I'd still have to factor in shipping costs and getting stung for customs fees. He's still a £90 figure for me right now, and that is too much for a 1/12.

I looked on eBay and prices hadn't dropped at all. Anywhere that might have reductions is probably in the US or overseas where I'd still have to factor in shipping costs and getting stung for customs fees. He's still a £90 figure for me right now, and that is too much for a 1/12.

Hi - out of curiosity I had a look at Amazon US site, they have the colour version (which I prefer the look of) for $51 so ordered. I'm in the UK, they automatically apply customs fees so with shipping the total came to £58.
The B&W version is just under $64 so you should be able to get that version for around £70 Incl fees...

Back