New Dark Knight Rises Figures - Mattel.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are in the $15 range now sadly. But at least with the bat signal that makes the price swallowable... somewhat.

Very underwhelming figures as expected. The sculpts on Catwoman & Bane are way too soft. The Batsignal is very nice though - shame you have to buy all the figures to get it. I foresee a lot of open packages in toy aisles across the world!

Yeah sculpts are really soft. I doubt I will be picking up anything from the HT line... maybe a Batman since I don't have one yet. Bane will be a tough sell for me, even if he is really bad ass. Wifey wants Catwoman.

I don't see how the blades let it down, I mean it has to get its propulsion from somewhere :dunno

Still just as scifi looking to me as it always did

I think he means it was a let down before and now the little copter blades made it worse.

The novelty for a Batwing for me sort of wore off after seeing it in the trailer. The design reminds me of those stupid helicopters in Avatar. There's nothing aerodynamic about it, especially when you consider it looks like the Tumbler's brother. I don't see how something like that could really take off and fly.

I am looking forward to seeing it blow the ____ out of those Bane Tumblers (heh, Bane Tumblers, never thought I'd be seeing that).

I remember hating the Tumbler when I first saw it. Boy did BB change my mind! I was meh on the Batpod. I am still not wowed by it but did surprisingly love the transformation/eject sequence. I am not wowed by a Batwing in the Nolanverse, but will hold judgement when we see it in action.

I hated the Tumbler Batmobile when I first saw it but after a year or two I just kind of accepted it. I never liked the design of it despite loving the film and I always thought it was ridiculous how it could just hop around. A freaking flying Batmobile.

The Batpod however, I loved from day one. I remember that pic from 2007, one of the first pics from TDK and thought it was great. The name is stupid, "batpod" but it's the only vehicle I like from the Nolan films. It reminds me of a jousting knight on a horse with the two cannons on either side.

I enjoyed the transformation sequence as well. I knew in the beginning that they were going to destroy the Batmobile and the Batpod would come from it, so obviously with my hate for the Tumbler, I was glad to see it go. It was great seeing it explode and I loved how it said "good bye". :lol Good riddance. I was hoping that we'd see a new Batmobile in the film, instead, we got three camo ones that belong to none other than, Bane. The Banemobiles. :slap

These are now up, available for pre-order at BigBadToyStore.com

We're getting an Alfred in addition to a "Surprise Character" TBD... Hmmmmm

Sucks that Catwoman isn't going to be available til the third wave..

I think he means it was a let down before and now the little copter blades made it worse.

How sad is it when modern Batman has helicopter blades.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNhyF1DHWjc[/ame]

These are now up, available for pre-order at BigBadToyStore.com

We're getting an Alfred in addition to a "Surprise Character" TBD... Hmmmmm

Sucks that Catwoman isn't going to be available til the third wave..

Ohhh really? Might be tempted to get Alfred and Gordon. Would love e surprise character to be Lucius.

Ohhh really? Might be tempted to get Alfred and Gordon. Would love e surprise character to be Lucius.

I think the surprise character will be a character whose inclusion in the film will also be a surprise... there are several options, but so as not to reveal any potential spoilers here, I won't list the possibilities. Though you're right, a Lucius figure would be AWESOME!!!

noticed that they are not selling wave one individually as of yet on the april release.. kind of sucks since i dont want to buy a box with two batman in it just to get bane... plus who in their right mind would go and get another tdk batman re release if they own one all ready... unless it comes with an important part of the build a batsignal

noticed that they are not selling wave one individually as of yet on the april release.. kind of sucks since i dont want to buy a box with two batman in it just to get bane... plus who in their right mind would go and get another tdk batman re release if they own one all ready... unless it comes with an important part of the build a batsignal

I'm pretty sure the TDKR Bats comes with a Bat-Signal.

So its -

Batman
Bane
Catwoman
Blake
Alfred

And 1 more surprise character to make the Bat-Signal from the looks of it. I'm on board. I have most of the TDK MM figures, and while not great, they are nice to have. I might even try to get the Gordon 2-pack if I can pick it up for cheap too. Hopefully the mystery figure is Ras. It'll be nice to have all the (main) villains.

Yeah, you need all 6 figures to complete the Batsignal, so that is why everyone will buy that TDK Batman again ;)

I'm not entirely sure BBTS knows what is exactly a wave. Catwoman, Bane, and Batman were shown at Toy Fair. They are definately the first wave of figures. They'd have had Alfred there instead of Catwoman if he was a wave 1 figure and her in wave three. And frankly I really only see 2 waves of figures (3 a wave). I doesn't make much sense to have 2 figure waves :dunno

The mystery figure is probably Ras or 'Miranda Tate'

Would indeed be awesome if it was Miranda but it's probably Ras since he would cover Batman Begins as well..

Hope you're right Buttmunch that Catwoman is in the first wave, I don't want to wait until wave three. Anybody else notice BBTS called her the goggles up version? Maybe she will have a variant?

If you thought Mattel Movie Masters couldn't get any worse . . .

John Smith and Alfred figures. The kids are gonna love these. :lol

alfred.jpg

Talk about obscure characters. Guess Mattel needed fill ins to force folks to build the Batsignal. Glad I'm not gullible. Yeah, those 2-ups look like em, they're well done, but the final product is going to be horrible I bet. Looks like both of them sport the Gotham City Thug body. Alfred is as simple as they come. The packaging looks horrendous as well.

Definitely not worth no $18 a pop. This garbage will clearance, guaranteed. Definitely not as special as that original 2008 Movie Masters line. After that, it all went down hill.

Still, the fact that this John Blake has two toys so far, a figurine and a full-fledged action figure, I gotta assume he's going to be a Robinesque/Grayson type character for Batman. Why else would such a secondary character get a toy like this?

I'm very excited about these figures (except for the fact that I have to buy the same Batman again in order to finish the signal). I'm quite happy with the Movie Masters offerings so far for the last two films and think it's great for Alfred to get a figure. And if Blake has a large enough role in the film (which it seems that he does), I'll be happy to see him in plastic form as well. For the scale, I think the likenesses are fine and the quality is pretty nice.

Not everyone can be Hot Toys, but these are also less than a tenth of the price of a Hot Toys figure. So you get what you pay for.

It's funny to see complaints about more obscure characters in one line, and see complaints about the lack of obscure figure in the next.

Yeah, I love the diversity. These figures are obviously meant for collectors and not for kids, I think they will sell fairly well. I'm sure Alfred will be shortpacked as well. :lol

So are we all agreeing the sixth figure is probably Ras or Miranda?

Watch it end up being Lucius or Selina. :lol

Back