Play Arts Kai The Dark knight Rises

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool anime versions of the characters. But why why why the ashy finish to the figures? Again...

donnelly-ashy-larry.jpg

I think these look pretty great (so far). Need to see paint app though and will reserve judgement in the meantime.

Guys know where can I find the circular base stands they're using in the pic?

I bought the Arkham Batman, I like it...,but I dont love it! He looks okay in my bookcase. The price for me does'nt justify the purchase. I dont really like the build of it. I'd rather have a dcdirect or mattel style that was less expensive and then have a sideshow/hot toys quality 1/6 figure for the big bucks.

Hehe I don't like the bulky look. The plastic they use is pretty cheap and some parts around the shoulders can snap easy. I think these are a little overpriced for the quality of materials used IMO.

The Bane looked incredible at SDCC!!! Muscles more in line with how I felt they should have looked on the big screen.

I know this set is more of a comic interpretation from the movie but could you believe this set retailed under $100? I wonder if the Batpod would be in scale with the Play Arts Batman
mrz_batman_27.jpg

I do think this is interesting, I hope they do scarecrow and Joker - villians are the ones i'm interestd in. And Bane would be too lonely standing alone

Bane actually looks better then hot toys effort. Lol. Batman is stylised, but i like it. Play arts stuff is too expensive tho imo.

Square Enix did the Final Fantasy XIII vehicles so I hope they try to at least do the Bat-Pod.

I know this set is more of a comic interpretation from the movie but could you believe this set retailed under $100? I wonder if the Batpod would be in scale with the Play Arts Batman
mrz_batman_27.jpg

Batman looks like he needs a bat-bra.

mrz_batman_27.jpg

This will be too small for the Play Arts figure. The figure in this set is around 7" tall.

IMG_0089.jpg

They probably shouldn't take on licenses based on real actors... these have the body proportions of God of War figures.

That's the idea. I kind of like it.

Wouldn't buy it over a realistic looking figure, but I'm considering these in addition to.

Look forward to seeing a stylized Catwoman.

I'm with Mags on this. Play arts makes great figures and the Arkham Batman and Joker are, right now, the best interpretations of those figures. Better than DC Direct, better than Mattel. The best. Plus the pics they've shown of their Arkham Catwoman make me believe she will be the best representation of her. That pic of her lying down on her side make her look like a real person. The more stylized version of the character in the case of Playarts allows for better articulation. I think the Rises Batman and Bane look really cool and I'd love to put them in an epic battle scene. I'm down with the DKR Batman, too. I mean it's not like Miller's Batman isn't stylized to begin with in the first place.

I haves the Bandai Soul of Chogokin Batman and Batpod and that is an incredible set with amazing pose ability. It's too bad they don't make a 1/6 scale Bale Batman with this kind of articulation. The Batpod has great engineering. Bandai knows what they're doing.

Quite amused by all the reasons for disliking the figures when everything is just how Kai figures should be. Stylish anime style with focus on awesomeness rather than proper body proportions, likeness, etc.

That being said, I'd have a wait and see for this Batman first before plunging in since I already have the AA one. But Bane, now that i'm getting for sure.

Back