Premium Format Scarlet Witch PF...Buy NOW, Link in 1st post..Support the Board!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, if they insist on using these stupid "A" bases at least they could make them somewhat similiar in size. Personally I hate them and would rather have a simple plain base than a letter base.

that being said, i'll probably order this. ***why did SSC have to get the DC line***:thud:

are you really quoting yourself?

but I agree, these stupid letter bases suck. my guess this only helps to save time/money...and yet they keep jacking up prices.

I always pictured a SW in my collection but i'm just not a big fan of this rendition. That means I get to pass on Vision as well. I would be more disappointed if there wasn't so many other fantastic pieces to PO.

Re: Scarlet Witch PF

Can I say donkey? :offtopic: I do think snadinator was out of line though.

How was I out line? I didn't make any attacks on any members. I stated an opinion that I think this piece looks terrible. Am I supposed to blindly love everthing Sideshow produces? Please. It's evident the focus is now the DC statues. The Marvel ones seem to be getting the B level treatment.

Expecting us to pay $350 for something that is subpar is infuriating and I have a right to feel that way. Nothing childish about that.

the lack of tact on this board is the reason I check in about once a week now as opposed everyday like I used to.
It used to feel like a fun hangout, but over the last couple years has turned into preschool environment.
There are still a lot of cool freaks on here, but the immature children have multiplied massively.... :monkey1

I commend Mark for speaking up. One of the best in the biz...

The only lack of tact was calling me a name. If Mark works for SS, he should be more professional and consider client feedback. I have a right to express my opinion on this shoddy work.

Praising Sideshow for less than stellar work is a disservice to everyone as it promotes the notion that it's acceptable. The world doesn't need more fanboys.

How was I out line? I didn't make any attacks on any members. I stated an opinion that I think this piece looks terrible. Am I supposed to blindly love everthing Sideshow produces? Please. It's evident the focus is now the DC statues. The Marvel ones seem to be getting the B level treatment.

Expecting us to pay $350 for something that is subpar is infuriating and I have a right to feel that way. Nothing childish about that.

I don't see how the product itself is subpar when it hasn't been released yet. What you don't like it how Scarlet Witch is interpreted in this rendition. No one is expecting you to pay for something you don't like, you can always just not buy it. :dunno

Cant believe these pieces are all 350 now. And its just the cape? Seems like theyre getting lazy with these things.

The only lack of tact was calling me a name. If Mark works for SS, he should be more professional and consider client feedback. I have a right to express my opinion on this shoddy work.

Praising Sideshow for less than stellar work is a disservice to everyone as it promotes the notion that it's acceptable. The world doesn't need more fanboys.

Yes, you have a right to express your opinion. But decorum, a level of civility and rational thought eludes you.

I really wouldn't consider your comments the height of constructive criticism. Why would anyone take you seriously when you write this....

whoever sculpted this should have known better and whoever approved the prototype should seek employment elsewhere.

Yes, you have a right to express your opinion. But decorum, a level of civility and rational thought eludes you.

I really wouldn't consider your comments the height of constructive criticism. Why would anyone take you seriously when you write this....

How about when I put it this way?

Prices have increased 25% in roughly a year. Quality control is down the toilet is almost an exact trend (see rogue, psylocke and ultron). Bases are uninspired and rehashed...

In my profession, if I increased my prices by 25% and offered subpar service, I'd be told far worse in some boardroom.

The artists are adults. Their business should accept client criticism and disastisfaction rather than either a) avoid the forums or b) call a client a derogatory name, potentially eliminating a client altogether.

This isn't getting mad about pocket change or some $20 trinket. This is a $350 collectible. It better look good. As I stated, I think the face is horrendous. A character that has been at the heart of every major cross-over in the Marvel Universe for the last decade should be given more attention.

I realize this boards major sponsor is Sideshow but accepting subpar work is not who I am. So that's the last you will hear from me on this matter, unless another member wishes to either call me names or make a personal attack.

How about when I put it this way?

Prices have increased 25% in roughly a year. Quality control is down the toilet is almost an exact trend (see rogue, psylocke and ultron). Bases are uninspired and rehashed...

In my profession, if I increased my prices by 25% and offered subpar service, I'd be told far worse in some boardroom.

The artists are adults. Their business should accept client criticism and disastisfaction rather than either a) avoid the forums or b) call a client a derogatory name, potentially eliminating a client altogether.

This isn't getting mad about pocket change or some $20 trinket. This is a $350 collectible. It better look good. As I stated, I think the face is horrendous. A character that has been at the heart of every major cross-over in the Marvel Universe for the last decade should be given more attention.

I realize this boards major sponsor is Sideshow but accepting subpar work is not who I am. So that's the last you will hear from me on this matter, unless another member wishes to either call me names or make a personal attack.

It's not just SSC issue but almost every companies that has product increase $$ & still have QC issues. Obviously this is a major QC concern that all companies need address & fix. Maybe it's best to find another manufactor instead of China to fix this problem. India would be a good solution. However, since the growth of SSC & other companies have risen, maybe it's best to find better talents. I do agree with you that in this market, they need to be better.

But it is not fair to be so bluntly harsh with your views on actual artist that produces or sculpts these statues. They are not at fault.

But it is not fair to be so bluntly harsh with your views on actual artist that produces or sculpts these statues. They are not at fault.

The face on both the Storm and Scarlet Witch PF heads look identical. No one seemed to like Storm's face sculpt, yet here it is again.

I loved Storm's face sculpt (the EX) and I love the Scarlet Witch's, so now what do you have to say?

I loved Storm's face sculpt (the EX) and I love the Scarlet Witch's, so now what do you have to say?

A minority. Enjoy. Nevermind that you had to expressely say the EX.

Oh and nevermind that you posted this in the Storm thread

"However, the face needs some help."

Last edited:
Really? And when is it that I posted that? Probably regarding the regular head when we were first shown the initial ad photo. Ever since then I have been a huge fan of the EX head, and the regular is ok to me.

So, your theory that everyone hates them is wrong, and yet you still don't have anything valid or constructive to say. Shocker.

Really? And when is it that I posted that?

It was your first impression to the headsculpt. You did not initially like it. Maybe it grew on you, but you can't deny you disliked it when it was first revealed.

So, your theory that everyone hates them is wrong, and yet you still don't have anything valid or constructive to say. Shocker.

This is the definition of a straw man argument. You feel the need to personally attack me... over what? It's not as if your flip flop arguments are constructive.

Correct, everyone has the right to change their mind, even if it is a complete 180 or just a minor adjustment.

Do they not?

Back