Possible commision thread for Spock, Kirk and Mc Coy by Chris Howes!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HaHa, everyone is asking Chris to do Head Sculpts. I just joined another group of members to commission Chris to do Lost Boys - Vampire David. They are already in payment stage. Hope we can get enough people asap so we can start. Otherwise, we might have to wait till Star Trek XII to receive the head sculpts that we want. Sooner or later, Chris will not be able to take any more orders! Hurry up and sell this commission to everyone we know so we can move forward!

Well, if we don't get more than 13, I guess I'll cancell the whole commission. as you said, there are so many commissions on the way that if we have to wait ten years to get it made, I'll sculpt my owns! :(

I too am on other commissions for House and a couple X-files sculpts. The House commission took off in just a few days. I hope this one hits the magic 15, we'll definitely save some money.

what's with the magic numbers? why don't we each just pay a little more? or better yet get the extra sets, sell them on ebay, and if they're as stunning as Chris' work suggests they will be, use the profit from that to pay for the entire run? Just sayin ...

And I'm curious: are there really people who would prefer figures from a movie that hasn't even been released, and that might blow chunks for all we know (the new ST movie), over the representations of the characters that have been a part of pop culture for the past forty some years? Cause I do not understand that at ALL...

I'm not very optimistic here... Somehow, the response to this commission is far inferior to my expectations! I guess Star Trek is outdated and shunned by the younger public... That's too bad. I was hoping that the upcoming Star Trek movie release would boost the sales. I was clearly wrong... :(

I'm not very optimistic here... Somehow, the response to this commission is far inferior to my expectations! I guess Star Trek is outdated and shunned by the younger public... That's too bad. I was hoping that the upcoming Star Trek movie release would boost the sales. I was clearly wrong... :(

Be optimistic! We're at 13 already, so that's pretty good. I'm sure there will be much more excitement as the new Star trek movie draws closer.

Thanks for the optimism guys!!! :D
That's it! we reach the magic number!!!:D
My next move now, I'll try to arrange for painting options before next week!
Thanks again for your support to this thread! :D

Star Trek really is a hard property to get people behind :lol Its a real bummer when more people want a figure of House than Spock and Kirk?!?

Star Trek really is a hard property to get people behind :lol Its a real bummer when more people want a figure of House than Spock and Kirk?!?

Yeah, don't tell me! :D
Anyway, I guess the big difference is House is still in the news! But believe me, when the movie goes out, many will be sorry they didn't partake in this commission!

Suggestion: Head Sculpts from Chris is most important! Anything else can be sourced in time. Remember, there is a long line in front of us. Can you lock-in with Chris on these head sculpts first? Have Chris commits, paid him so he is obligated (sorry Chris)!

Keep us posted on the payment arrangements, I'd like to get this moving as soon as Chris gets settled in his other commissions. BTW, thanks for getting some good classics sculpts started for a commission.

I don't remember if I've mentioned, but I would like to have my heads drilled for Hot Toys True Type body and painted.

What's happening? Is that it, no one else want to have OOAK TOS Star Trek head sculpts? Please don't give up!

What's happening? Is that it, no one else want to have OOAK TOS Star Trek head sculpts? Please don't give up!

It would be nice if others joined in, but we all reached the commission number and that's what matters to me. I guess some are only interested in SW and Marvel, I like having a little variety to my collection.

It would be nice if others joined in, but we all reached the commission number and that's what matters to me. I guess some are only interested in SW and Marvel, I like having a little variety to my collection.

Hey guys!

Well, we have enough, so that's OK! Let's lock it in and get it in the schedule. Obviously, these will be in round 2 starting in January.

Star Trek is one of my all time favorites.... I grew up in the 1970's with Kirk, Spock and Bones. And I've had the privilege of designing and sculpting more than 20 1/6 scale high end ST sculptures in the past and a 1/6 scale ST: TOS transporter platform that was used as the center piece for the ST display at the ill fated Viacom Retail Store in Chicago in the late 1990's.

So, you know I'll be putting my heart and soul into these!

Here is one of my favorites:

worf.jpg

I'm thinking about offering copies of this......

I'll post payment details shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back