Possible commision thread for Spock, Kirk and Mc Coy by Chris Howes!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're talking about Quinto, Pine and Urban, right?

That is what I thought entering this thead as well....not interested in the old but if you get around to commissioning the new and can have the correct uniforms done, the new style has a distinct patterning similar to the "S" on the Superman Returns suit only with the appropriate insignia for the color. That will be hard to come by on your own without official licensing. Either way when you get to JJ's universe I'm in.

Shatner, Nimoy, and Kelley are the only ones for me.

I agree. I'm a Star Trek TOS fan and would only care for sculpts of the old crew. Not diggin' anything to do with new crew sculpts, I might check out the movie, but there's sure to be merchandise for the new movie (though it might not be high end).

One reason I am not jumping in is because it looks like Chris Howes will be having
a large number of commissions already so the likelihood that this project will
get done anytime soon seems small.

I'm in for all three.

And patient. Whenever CH gets them out is fine with me.

Great Jiminydog, I'll add you straight away!
I agree with you Yodasan, but it is the sheer number of interested people that prompted Chris to act that fast on the Summer Glau HS, so I guess that the more we are, the faster will get it done!

<sighs and gets out wallet> OK, put me down for all 3. I am hoping that Chris will nail Shatner's scupt, because while SciFiMetropolis appears to have done a great job on Spock, McCoy, and Scotty, I barely see Shatner in that sculpt. It looks sort of like Shatner... nope, sorry, not really. So my dream is to get a sculpt of Kirk that looks like Kirk looked when he was still pretty and had his own hair, waaaaayyyy back in 1966... :rolleyes: :monkey1

I wasn't sure if the sculpts were for TOS or the new movie at first, but now I see people are asking for TOS. I'm in for all 3, that should put us closer to the magic numbers.

<sighs and gets out wallet> OK, put me down for all 3. I am hoping that Chris will nail Shatner's scupt, because while SciFiMetropolis appears to have done a great job on Spock, McCoy, and Scotty, I barely see Shatner in that sculpt. It looks sort of like Shatner... nope, sorry, not really. So my dream is to get a sculpt of Kirk that looks like Kirk looked when he was still pretty and had his own hair, waaaaayyyy back in 1966... :rolleyes: :monkey1

Thanks Migwit! :D I'll add you straight away to the list! I wouldn't be afraid about the result! Chris's talent seems to be consistant! I'm sure they'll all be dead on! :D

I wasn't sure if the sculpts were for TOS or the new movie at first, but now I see people are asking for TOS. I'm in for all 3, that should put us closer to the magic numbers.

Definitely TOS, Samuel! :D With you added to the list, we're getting close! As soon as we reach 10, I'll see if we can strike a deal with a painter for those who are hesitant because of the painting issue! Hopefully, it will attract more people! :D

I've just registered at OSW to give it even more momentum, only this board is like huge and I don't know where to post that commission thread and if there's a minimum number of post before doing this.
Is anyone of you guys a member at OSW? if so could you help me? And if I'm not entitled to post a commission at OSW, could one of you do it, tell me where you've posted it so that I can manage the potential buyers?

I hear you bro! That site is huge and doesn't seem to be organized very well. Let's hope there is someone here who can help you. That is a GREAT site to get some exposure.

I'm anxious to hear something on the Scifimetropolis sculpts. Hopefully ironman will have some good news. As a long time fan of TOS good figures are a must for my collection. I have seen the SFM sculpts in person at a show in Kentucky and at the sculptor's studio in Florida. While the Shatner is not 100 percent it is as good or better than any other attempt I have seen at an accurate Kirk. Many sculptors who have tried will tell you that Shatner is a very difficult portrait. Chris Howe's sculpt of Spock pictured in this thread is nice, but it bares the same flaw that most Spock sculpts have. While it has the features of Spock, it doesn't look like Leonard Nimoy. Maybe if the SFM sculpts are never going to be produced they will sell cast of the heads? Then you could get Chris to do Uhura, Sulu and Chekov to complete the bridge crew?

I'd be down for all 3 if this actually takes off. But Shatner's likeness seems really hard for people to capture for some reason. I mean, I was just looking at some Trek stuff recently, and none of them look like Shatner to me. The Sideshow PF comes the closest, but it's still a little odd.

dstbustkirk.jpg
DC17740lg.jpg
27171358.jpg
27171514.jpg
page-9781.jpg

Here is a Kirk 1/6 and two different versions of Spock that are already available for $15 each from a member at the OSW. Both are pretty much dead on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back