Hugh Laurie as House Custom Headsculpt by Chris Howes Interest Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That one was done by Salvador Larroca, the Marvel Comics artist. It was the first House sculpt I'd seen and the one that made me want a House figure in the first place.

Yup, that was the figure that started all the House rage here. When people wonder, why the hell would someone want a House figure, you can blame Salvador for making that awesome creation. It was the rock that fell and caused an avalanche.

Nope, still nothing yet for me. :(

I should probably email him a few more times.

And that, I think, is what folks should remember about dealing with this jerk. You could be the worst businessman in the world (and he's apparently as close as possible) or a Bernie Madoff, but how hard is it to actually remember who the FIRST person to commission you on something was? That others from the thread have gotten theirs is good, wrong that they got them first, but the EBAY sales and shipments while Buttmunch still waits is as wrong as wrong can be.
Regardless of new forum rules or whether he ever eventually gets ALL the commissioned work done, his lack of progress updates, lack of communication and total ignoring of refund requests I think is grounds for him to be banned. Hopefully that will happen here and on every board that was involved with any of his commissions.

Hey does anyone have Howes' eBay account name? I tried searching for House heads just to see if he was still selling them on auction and couldn't find anything.

Was he shut down, or did he pull them maybe?

I was hesitant to use the strong language that others were, despite the overwhelming nature of the evidence. I thought that he got in way over his head and when the first few heads started trickling out I thought he was going to make an attempt.

Now with him cutting contact with everyone, removing the ebay listings and apparently making no effort to deliver, yet he is still keeping all the money he accepted, he has entered into the realm of fraud and theft.
Pathetic, just pathetic.

And now we have Pinkerton showing like behavior. No wonder custom customers are so apprehensive about entering into deals anymore.

Well, yet another disturbing turn of events with Howes. Sounds like he's just trying to sweep this under the rug.

Every two to three weeks I have been sending an email to Howes with "Hello!" in the subject line. I only got one response back in the end of June. He sent the standard, "expect it shortly". No answer since then, no nothing.

Well, I hope that pulling the stuff was not a result of people involving law enforcement.

One of my fears about people reporting this was that it would compromise our chances of getting product delivered.

I really hope that's not the case. I'm not, and never will be, interested in any kind of retribution or possibly copyright infringements. I just want the work I paid for.

But maybe others feel differently. *shrugs*

Well, keep us posted guys. I payed for this head early on and would like to see how the progress goes. I would like to pursue either getting a promised head sculpt or a refund in a joint effort that we can all agree on.

Thanks dwing!

The ONLY negatives on his whole account are three since September, so the timing is consistent when he ceased all communications with board members.

If people on here who did contact authorities have any information, I think those of us with unfilled orders deserve to know what's going on.

Well, I still haven't received anything from that thief. At this point I don't even care anymore. All I want is for him suffer the consequences of his theft and go to jail or pay a big fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back