Summer Glau/Cameron Terminator:SCC custom head interest

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone received one of the bald or River Tam versions of Summer Glau and is willing to part with it, let me know. At this point, I am trying to check into options to take the original sculpt and finish the regular and battle-damaged versions. I'd be paying for this myself. Once done, I would be looking into making molds and casting the heads, then mailing out for free to everyone who paid that thief.

Hey guys!

Here's the current update on the Summer Glau project.

First, Chris Howes ripped us off, no two ways about that. The good news is that he did get a few bald Glau sculpts sent out before doing so.

Next, I have found a sculptor willing to accept a private commission in order to complete this project, and we have one of the Howes bald sculpts. I'll be paying for this commission myself, and the sculptor is aware I will be making casts of these. My goal is to send them out for free to everyone who paid up front for a Glau sculpt and got ripped off. I will not be selling these - the heads will only be for people who paid Howes for this project and did not receive their order.

Right now, the plan is to cast the bald head as one part and then sculpt hair as a second part. One of the bald heads will be modified to do the battle-damaged Cameron version. Anyone has the option of going the wig route or with sculpted hair since both versions will be bald.

The current timeframe for this project is hopefully over the course of this summer (no pun intended). Once I get the completed versions back, I will have to make molds and cast potentially a *lot* of heads. This will all take quite a bit of time but I will keep everyone updated as we proceed.

For right now, I am still looking for a recent copy of the list showing who had paid Howes for any version of Summer Glau. Howes was thoughtful enough to delete his entire Glau directory on his website. I know there were a couple of people who said they had paid but he never added them to the list (USMCBuzz was one I recall). I might have an old saved copy backed up in the files from my last computer, but need to dig for this. Of course, if anyone can show where they paid Howes, I'll be happy to add you to the freebie list.

At this time, I do not have a copy of the River Tam sculpt. If anyone would like to donate the temporary use of theirs so that I can make free copies for anyone who did not receive a River Tam, please let me know. My other thought on this is to let anyone who paid for & didn't receive the River Tam version have the option of swapping it over for a free bald Glau, Regular Cameron, or battle-damaged Cameron.

Wow!!!

That's great of you to do that Cryo!!!! :D

I don't know if I am on the list but I guess I kept the paypal receipt back at the time I expressed my interest on the MWD forum!

You really are awesome, man!!! :D

Hi guys!

A copy of the list of those who paid Chris for this commission has been found. HUGE thanks to GordonGeko who archived this information on the OSW back when the crap started to hit the fan with Chris Howes.

Below is the list. The one other person I know is entitled to one who is not listed is USMCBuzz on SSF, because I recall pestering Chris several times to add him to the list after he paid.

Summer.png

I'll PM people on this list for their address info once I start making molds on the finished versions :)

One change we are discussing is to resculpt the lips as well. A lot of people wanted the closed mouth for Cameron and I think it'd be a good change. The regular bald version had slightly parted lips. I think the closed mouth would give her a more determined look like a Terminator should have :)

I wasn't in on this though I did get ripped off by Howes on all three Trek heads. If anybody doesn't want their place in line, I'd love to have a River Tam to go with my fantastic Trev firefly set.

A quick update - I received the bald open-mouth Glau sculpt today on loan from Morbach (thanks, bud!) so I'll be ordering some casting supplies and casting this one up as soon as I can. Since the sculptor and I are going with removeable hair, anyone should have the option for open or closed mouth for their regular Cameron. I'm starting to research basic resin casting kits and will post some pics of my first attempts in (hopefully) a few weeks. It'll be an interesting learning experience :)

I wasn't in on this though I did get ripped off by Howes on all three Trek heads. If anybody doesn't want their place in line, I'd love to have a River Tam to go with my fantastic Trev firefly set.

Well, to keep things from getting kind of sticky, let me address a couple of things real quick:

1) I don't have one of the River Tam ones to make a mold of yet (if there's anyone with an unpainted one willing to loan it to me for a few weeks, let me know!) I know a few of them were sent out and recall a couple of in-hand pictures. Of course, anyone who paid for and didn't receive one has the option of swapping for another Glau head...and there's always the option of getting a bald one and using a doll wig.

2) I don't really want to trade people out on the list. As far as I'm concerned, anyone who paid Howes as part of the Glau commission has the opportunity to receive free one(s). What they choose to do with it is up to them...finsh your custom Cameron, trade it, throw it on eBay, pack it full of firecrackers and blow it up...I'm not worried about any of those. So while I don't want to trade names out, you might be willing to find someone to trade/sell it to you later. We're still quite a ways off on this, and the tentative timeframe is still just "this summer".

Welcome!

I purchased a small resin casting kit and sent some reference photos to the sculptor this past week. Gonna try casting up the bald open-mouth Summer first - just want some practice with a few casts first.

I emailed Chris to get on the list but never heard anything back.
I'm about halfway through the build on my 1/6 isotope gun so a Glau head would be great to finish off the figure.
If anyone is willing to sell me theirs it would be greatly appreciated.

Will be providing details and pics soon of the isotope gun...

Last edited:
I emailed Chris to get on the list but never heard anything back.
I'm about halfway through the build on my 1/6 isotope gun so a Glau head would be great to finish off the figure.
If anyone is willing to sell me theirs it would be greatly appreciated.

Will be providing details and pics soon of the isotope gun...

dont, I puchased a bald cameron head off his site while things were going well for this commission.. I have not seen my sculpt since.:mad:
and im not on the list here either.:gah:

dont, I puchased a bald cameron head off his site while things were going well for this commission.. I have not seen my sculpt since.:mad:
and im not on the list here either.:gah:

Hi Leprechaun :)

If you still have a paypal receipt or something to show where you paid Chris, I'll add you to the freebie list above.

For those still interested, the freebie project is still proceeding. The sculptor has reworked the mouth, started the removeable hair, and is now beginning the battle-damaged head. Hopefully I'll have some pics to share soon!

Please add me to the freebie Cameron list as well. The bastard never added me to the list, even though money was sent. Where do I send you my paypal proof that I paid this thief?

Please add me to the freebie Cameron list as well. The bastard never added me to the list, even though money was sent. Where do I send you my paypal proof that I paid this thief?

Hi Commtech -

Just forward me an email at cryos (at) charter.net and I'll get you added!

Also, does anyone have an idea what board "Serrano" posts on? I checked all 4 boards and couldn't find a registered user by that name.

I also thought Oneye had changed his handle on SSF but don't recall the new one.

Back