1/6 Jean Reno - another Chris Howes commision!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cloudfilter

Freaked Out
Reaction score
We are go. (Whenever Chris is ready :) ) I've upped my order to 10 heads so with the other five people who've put their names on the list that means anyone who orders before casting begins will only have to pay $20.00 + shipping per head!

Nikita, Leon, The Big Blue, Ronin, The Pink Panther remake: some damn fine films (umm... mostly)
Jean Reno: a hell of an actor with a hell of a face. There've been a few Jean Reno headsculpts in the past but none of them in my opinion have been much cop so I'm making threads on the Sideshow, One Sixth Warriors, and Triad forums to get people together for a Chris Howes sculpt of him.
I've spoken to Chris and this head will come in round 2 of Chris's commisions starting in January with a rough ETA of mid February after he gets through most of the current active commissions.

jean_reno-1.jpg
jr04-best-expression.jpg

Head Details:
While Chris uses as many reference photos as he can get to base his sculpts on, the two photos above are the two I'll ask him to use as his primary guide. The notable points of these photos are that:
1. they are recent, so he is an older Reno than a straight 1994 Leon version would be.
2. head tilted slightly down, eyes forward, mean look.
3. that short scruffy hair, a bit of stubble (though stubble's probably more of a paint-job thing)
4. Mouth probably better as the closed one, but that's up to the sculptor's interpretation.

about the neck: Chris says "I sculpt most heads with a small neck joint adapter in mind. So they have a long neck which can be drilled out so the adapter post can be inserted. This seems to the best compromise since I can't make a different version for each different body. One can always cut / grind the neck off if desired for a different style."

If there are other important details I've not covered, please ask so we can discuss them in the thread.
If you really want a younger "Leon" one mention it in the thread and if enough people do I'll start a list for a second version.
So far there are 3 people who want a "Leon".

Prices:
15 heads have been ordered now so anyone who pre-orders before Chris has announced that casting has begun only pays $20.00 + shipping per head
After then the price returns to $35.00 + shipping per head.
To get the discounted $20 price, payment must be sent before actual casting begins. Chris will announce when the presale period is closed.
I need to ask Chris what the US and UK shipping is, and you'll need to ask him yourself for other countries.

4.jpg

Painting:
Like on Howes' other projects, Kuato is offering his painting services. The image above is an example of his work with Chris in the past. Kuato will offer a discounted price of only $30.00 plus shipping per head for the FIRST 10 paint orders. After the first 10 orders, his regular price of $45.00 plus shipping per head comes back into effect. I'll keep a list of in what order people ordered a paint job so if people drop out the list will move up and whoever was next in line in the full price zone will be bumped up to the Special Discount Zone.
If you buy a painted version, you don't have to pay twice for shipping. Chris will send them in a large batch to Kuato for painting, and you need only pay Kuato for his paint work and final shipping to you.

Ordering:
Please send me a PM from whatever board you are on stating clearly stating how many unpainted and how many painted heads you are putting your name down for. The "first 10" discount for the paintjobs will be based on the times the PMs are shown as being sent so don't just post in the thread; PM me, or you might miss out!

Payment:
Paypal is the preferred payment method, but both Chris Howes and Kuato are willing to accept payment via Money Order if you do not use Paypal.
Further payment details will be put up when Chris and Kuato say so.

The List:
In the order of pms received.
Brackets after name indicate the forum I got your pm (T) Triad (SC) Sideshow Collectors (OSW) One Sixth Warriors
picture4k.png

Discount for paint:
1. cloudfilter (OSW)
2. carbo-fation (SC)
3. Brand X (T)
4. rockdolly (SC)
5. Nils (OSW)
6. KillingYouGuy (OSW)

This thread across the forums:
Sideshow Collectors
One Sixth Warriors
Triad

I'd like to say thanks to Cryoguns at the Sideshow forums for being an object lesson in how to run this type of project and writing the Summer Glau intro post that I have so shamelessly just stolen the layout for.

Last edited:
sorry just read through the whole thing. Older Reno and the beard isn't really what I would be using.
Hope you guys get an awesome head though ! :rock

Last edited:
sorry just read through the whole thing. Older Reno and the beard isn't really what I would be using.
Hope you guys get an awesome head though ! :rock

Stay tuned, if we get loads of people interested maybe we can do this version and a younger, Leon one as well.

I've updated the neck specifications:
Chris says "I sculpt most heads with a small neck joint adapter in mind. So they have a long neck which can be drilled out so the adapter post can be inserted. This seems to the best compromise since I can't make a different version for each different body. One can always cut / grind the neck off if desired for a different style."

We are go. (Whenever Chris is ready :) ) I've upped my order to 10 heads so with the other five people who've put their names on the list that means anyone who orders before casting begins will only have to pay $20.00 + shipping per head!

Fantastic!

Hi folks! For those who want to place an official order pleas email me at [email protected] with the subject "Jean Reno" that details your:

1) real name
2) screen name
3) shipping address
4) quantity of heads
5) Neck drilled, Y or N
6) Painted by Kuato Y or N

This helps me keep orders straight and provides an organized record for me to call upon when needed.

Payment via PayPal can be sent to [email protected].

To recap.... 1 unpainted head precast discount = $20.00 , neck drilling option = $5.00, USA shipping = $5.00, international = $7.00 for up to 4 heads.

Please pay Kuato separately, but not until I ship a batch of heads to him

If you order it painted by kuato, DONOT pay me for shipping. Kuato will charge for shipping saving you a few dollars.

For those not on the list yet, the precast discount will remain open until casting begins (est. date- late January, early Feb.). After that the full price of $35.00 plus shipping goes into effect.
Thanks!

wow, great idea for a head. and from the most prolific man in jamaica. i'd definitely be interested if it was leon era. but just wondering how much older this will look.

Well I don't know how much of his age will be down to the sculpt and how much down to the paintjob but that biggest image in the first post is the one I've asked Chris to base his sculpt on:
jean_reno-1.jpg

Chris is gonna nail that bad a** look! I NEED 2 please, unpainted undrilled. Just hope I'm not to late. Just found the thread.

Cloud, just sent Chris the cash for 2 unpainted heads. Also want to say a thanks to you as well for getting this project going & for getting back to me so quickly. I am kicking myself in the butt for not getting involved with this community sooner. Can't believe how amazing people are here
Thanks
Joey (knucklefunger)

I'm on the Milla list as well, so I'll have got something to tide me over until Reno gets done :)
Knucklefunger, I won't pretend that organising this thread was motivated by anything other than pure self-interest and wanting a Reno head for myself, but thanks for the thanks anyway :)

and thanks for the mod-shuffle, Adoptedscot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back