Possible commision thread for Spock, Kirk and Mc Coy by Chris Howes!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

**16k**

Super Freak
Reaction score
Stardate : 1128.08

I have a dream (where the hell did I here that before?… :D ) that one day we Trekkies may possess accurate headsculpts of the leading crew of the original STAR TREK series, with the younger KIRK, SPOCK and MC COY when they still wore pajamas!

More seriously guys, I have spoken to Chris Howes (who will soon be overworked I guess!) about starting a thread commission for this illustrious threesome, as I’m pretty sure there’ll be others like me, desperate to own better sculpts than the vintage/repro Megos or the less than satisfactory Playmates action figures.
The good news is, Chris egrees to do it! The (not so) bad, of course, is, with all the commissions he’s doing, we’ll have to wait in line!

Chris has been kind enough to offer us the three HS for his standard precast/full price deal. $20.00 per head for the precast discount, $35.00 full price after casting begins. Shipping will be $5.00 in the US, $7.00 international for up to 4 heads. Neck drilling option will be $5.00 per head.
To get the presale discount, payment must be sent before actual casting begins. After that, you will pay full price. Chris will announce when the presale period is closed.

Payment:
Unless updated, Paypal will be the preferred payment method. When sending payments to Chris Howes via PayPal, please send him a separate order email with the subject line "STAR TREK" and include the following information:

· screen name
· real name
· order info (quantities)
· shipping address

Chris's email address for both for PayPal and your order email is [email protected].

I will be crossposting this offer on several boards (SSF, MWD and Fantasy.net) and probably in several places of SSF to catch the attention of a maximum of people. T o help me manage this thread, please indicate what sculpts you want and the quantity.

Now, think! You know the Infinite Diversity of your collection in its Infinite Combination needs them!!!!!
I’ll start with myself:

Spock:
16k (1)
MikeAP (1) MWD
Reinhardt (1) SSF
Galasphere (1) MWD
Jiminydog (1) SFF
2000man (1) SFF
Migwit (1) SFF
Samueljd (1) SFF drilled (HT) and painted
Galacticboy (1) SFF drilled and painted
Abake (1) SFF
Nanjin (1) SFF
SpawnFan (1) SFF
Mr Barlow (1) SFF, undrilled
Blindvoyeur (1) SFF
Div Devlin (1), OSW drilled & painted
Tengu Sniper (1) MWD
Icruise (1) SFF
Come in Nighthawk (1) MWD
TJG (1) SSF drilled and painted

Kirk:
16k (1)
MikeAP (1) MWD
Reinhardt (1) SSF
Galasphere (1) MWD
Jiminydog (1) SFF
2000man (1) SFF
Migwit (1) SFF
Galacticboy (1) SFF drilled and painted
Abake (1) SFF
Nanjin (1) SFF
SpawnFan (1) SFF
Blindvoyeur (1) SFF
Tengu Sniper (1) MWD
Icruise (1) SFF
Come in Nighthawk (1) MWD

Mc Coy:
16k (1)
MikeAP (1) MWD
Come in Nighthawk (2) MWD
Reinhardt (1) SSF
Galasphere (1) MWD
Jiminydog (1) SFF
2000man (1) SFF
Migwit (1) SFF
Abake (1) SFF
Nanjin (1) SFF
Blindvoyeur (1) SFF
Tengu Sniper (1) MWD
Icruise (1) SFF
Av8torJoe (1) OSW
Les Walker (1) unpainted

If you want to take a look at the quality work offered by Chris, please take a look at the following:

Chris Howes' website:
https://www.chowes.com/
Chris Howes' custom sculpts on SSF:
https://sideshowcollectors...ms/showthread.php?t=34120
Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark
https://sideshowcollectors...ms/showthread.php?t=37796
Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne
Heat Ledger as the Joker (stern)
Heath Ledger as the Joker (licking)

EDIT: STAR TREK OUTFITS

Amy J, from the MWD forum has agreed to to STAR TREK outfits as a private commission for those who really want one.
The male uniforms are $20 each and the female uniforms are $25 each.
She only does them as special orders.
Interested people, please check:

https://www.ajclothiers.com

Then, use the "What can I sew for you" form and precise sex, color and rank .

Now, folks, looks like the outfit issue isn't one anymore! :D

EDIT: PAINTING BY KUATO

If you want Kuato to paint yours Chris will send it to him directly saving you a shipping charge. You will only have to pay shipping to Kuato. The first 10 heads (first come first serve) get Kuato's $30.00 + shipping per head discount. After that it's full price, $45.00 +shipping.

You will pay him for painting directly, but he asks that we hold off paying for painting until I ship him a batch of heads. This helps his organization system.

EDIT: ACCESSORIES

The matter of accessories has been addressed several times in the thread(s), so that I'm opening a new section about accessories that Chris could make for us. It's not yet a commission, just a way to see what we would need. I'll add the names of interesting people as they come. I repeat, it is not yet a commission and you can change your mind, it's just an indication. Pricing has not yet been determined yet, and options are not limited to this. Your input is welcome. So here it is so far:

-Insignia
-Phaser
-Tricorder
-Communicator
-Custom Vulcan hand for Spock

PAYMENT CHART

StarTrekchart.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Jedi!
First of all, thank you for the interest in this thread!
For the uniforms or painting, we still have a lot of time to sort this out as Chris has a lot of commissions to do before that one. On the MWD forum, one our member, AmyJ has done custom Star Trek uniforms for another member. Take a look!
https://menwithdolls.yuku.com/topic/5650
I've asked her if she could do this on a larger scale, but she hasn't replied yet. However, even if she doesn't, I'm sure she would accept some private commissions. But I'll keep this forum updated if there is any new development on this perticular issue! :D

If we could get them painted and have uniforms, then I would be down for one of each. If these come out well, then we Trekkies could be keeping Chris busy forever with all the sculpts we would be requesting. Kirk, Spock, and McCoy wouldn't satisfy us. We'd have to get the rest of the crew and then move on to The Next Generation. :lol

Well, Odowankenobi, although I haven't asked that to Chris yet, we can probably strike a deal with Kuato in order to have them painted. For the uniforms, well, I'm waiting for a reply but doing this on a large scale is a huge job, so I can't garantee it'll be a "yes"!
As for the other crew members, if that commission attract sufficient people, it's always been in my intention to start a second commission for them if we can get these done. But we'll need at least 10 to 15 people to start it all! I'll wait a few days to see how things are going, but if I see we'e getting close to 10 commissions, I'll see what I can do to arrange painting options! :D

They are the prototypes from SciFiMetropolis. Diamond seems to have preferred their craptastic 1:4 scale Trek offerings instead of these 1:6 marvels.

On a related note, are there 1/6 Phasers and tricorders out there?

Well, not sure about that, though I guess there must be some available on Ebay since Playmates produced 1/6 Star Trek TOS figures. If you can get your hands on one, recasting it shouldn't be too difficult...

I doubt we could get better than these:

They are indeed great! Though I give enough credit to Chris to think he can do as good, if not better! :D

Well, not sure about that, though I guess there must be some available on Ebay since Playmates produced 1/6 Star Trek TOS figures. If you can get your hands on one, recasting it shouldn't be too difficult...

The Playmates 12 inch figure accessories (phasers, communicators, tricorders, etc) are way oversized for true 1:6 figures.

May have someone that can do the uniforms. I'll let you all know. More to come on the SFM heads later next week.

Spock has my interest, but just not add me on the list for now.

Only when I like the sculpt I will place my order.

Any idea when casts are going to be available?

If you want to take a look at the quality work offered by Chris, please take a look at the following:

Chris Howes' website:
https://www.chowes.com/

You do realise he has Spock on his site already, so youse are off to a flying start.

34o38u9.jpg

I don't see it listed elsewhere on his site, so he may not have this in his repertoire anymore, I can't really comment, but at least you can have the confidence of seeing what will be or close to what you will be getting in relation to Spock. So go boldly, all you trekkies, and go forth and prosper. Good luck.

May have someone that can do the uniforms. I'll let you all know. More to come on the SFM heads later next week.
Wow! :D that would be great! I may have somebody too but it will all depend on the quantity! There's so much that one can do!

Spock has my interest, but just not add me on the list for now.

Only when I like the sculpt I will place my order.

Any idea when casts are going to be available?

Hey Amarcord! :D
Don't worry, I won't forget you when the time comes! As for when they become available, no, so far I'm just trying to get the required number of people. There is a long line of commissions for Chris right now. However, I remember that there were so many responses to the Summer Glau interest thread that he made her a priority, so if we can have a lot of people interested, it might speed up things! I've got to admit that, so far, it's pretty slow though... :(

You do realise he has Spock on his site already, so youse are off to a flying start.

34o38u9.jpg

I don't see it listed elsewhere on his site, so he may not have this in his repertoire anymore, I can't really comment, but at least you can have the confidence of seeing what will be or close to what you will be getting in relation to Spock. So go boldly, all you trekkies, and go forth and prosper. Good luck.

Yeah, Chris told me he already had a Kirk and Spock in store, though I'm not sure he will use the same sculpts! I think he's even better now (if possible) than when he did those! Anyway, this image proves he can do it right and that we shouldn't worry! :D

We're talking about Quinto, Pine and Urban, right?

Not for the moment! The commission is for the original cast! But I'm sure the new cast will be everywhere and may even have a commission when the movie hits the theaters!... if it's good (appears quite promising so far!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back