The Lone Gunmen, Skinner and M&S X-files Headsculpts set by C.Howes Interest Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Lone Gunmen, Skinner and M&S X-files Headsculpts set by C.Howes Interest Thre

Not sure how this is going to work, but I've been contacting sculptors and finally found one who would be willing to take on this project with NO deposits, just payment (think it's 20.00 per head) once the heads are completed/sculpted.

He doesn't want to be associated with Howes however so I'm wondering if we can start a new thread like he wants. Should I just pm everyone on the list, or can we get a gauge of the interest on here? I read the rules and they explicitly say you can't organize a project where you collect money up front, in this case he just wants to see if people want the heads then he'll go ahead and sculpt them so there's really no commitment just gives him an idea of whether or not it's worth his while.

Any thoughts?

I would suggest asking that this howes based thread be locked/deleted and a new one started where the new sculptor can show a few samples of his ability so that folks might gauge whether they would be interested in his making the heads of interest.

Re: The Lone Gunmen, Skinner and M&S X-files Headsculpts set by C.Howes Interest Thre

A few sculptors here have "showcased" pieces they've done on their own initiative, posting pics of a WIP or nearly finished sculpt, then taken orders directly from people who were interested. This seems to be the most effective and trouble-free way to deal with the situation.

As Ironman1188 suggested, if it's someone relatively unknown here, then he or she should start a new thread, posting a few samples of WIP or finished pieces to give people an idea of his or her capabilities. Then a discussion of what X-Files characters people are interested in can begin and this thread can finally be laid to rest.

Last edited:

I agree with you both.... Thinking I sent $100 to Howes a year ago makes me mad... Let's lock this thread and open another one :)

____. I completely forgot about this whole thing. I remember I paid 80 bucks for three Lone Gunmen heads. I haven't visited this forum in a such long time, especially since I had a rough year with college and thought "hey, maybe I could get my money back."

Guess not.

Bummer.

Back