Summer Glau/Cameron Terminator:SCC custom head interest

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cryoguns

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys-

I wanted to post this here for a couple days to see if there's some interest in it, and then we could have this moved over to the Custom Commissions as needed :D

OK, I've been hooked enough on The Sarah Connor Chronicles to want to see about getting a custom Summer Glau/Cameron head comissioned. I dropped Chris Howes a line, and he's willing to pick this up for us. It's a multi-board project, and I will do my best to crosspost info between the boards as needed to keep everyone up to date.

Details:
All the heads should be molded to fit the Cy Girl style neckpost (i.e. no neck) as no one has requested any other style, and the vast majority of female action figures use this type of neck (Cy Girl, BBi Perfect Body, Aoshima, Soldier Story, Triad, etc). I have sent Chris a Cy Girl 1.0 body and another custom resin head so that he can use these for seeing how the neck has worked with other resin heads, and even make a negative mold of the neckpost if needed. Please be aware that the conical style of the Cy Girl headpost was originally intended to be used for vinyl heads, and may require an adhesive such as Blue-tack to help keep the head on your figure.

Three versions (Cameron Regular, Cameron S2 Battle Damage, and River Tam) will have sculpted-on hard resin hair to help keep costs down. For those who want to use a doll wig, a bald version is also offered.

Prices:
As there is enough interest for several Summer Glau sculpt versions, Chris has been kind enough to offer any of the four versions below (Cameron Regular, Cameron S2 Battle-Damage, River Tam, and Summer bald) for $20.00 each plus $5.00 shipping within the US (up to 5 heads)! This is a special presale price - after casting begins, the cost per head will be $35 plus shipping. To get the presale discount, payment must be sent before actual casting begins. Chris will announce when the presale period is closed.

For those who want a painted version, you do not have to pay twice for shipping! Chris will send them in a large batch to Kuato for painting, and you need only pay Kuato for his paint work and final shipping to you. See the Painting section below for Kuato's pricing. Both are also willing to ship internationally if needed, please contact them directly for shipping quotes.

Painting:
Kuato has generously agreed to offer our group a discount on his painting services! He's offered to do these for $30 each plus $3 shipping per head, which is an excellent rate! His normal rate is $45 a head, and they are every bit worth it. Most other painters I've dealt with for custom painting generally ask about $45-$60 per head, so this really is a great deal! There is a thread of references for his work at the bottom.

Payment:
Paypal is the preferred payment method, but both Chris Howes and Kuato are willing to accept payment via Money Order if you do not use Paypal.

When sending payments to Chris Howes via PayPal, please take a moment to send him a separate order email with the subject line "Summer Glau". This will assist with keeping the orders correct and current given the scale and multi-board nature of this commission. Please include the following information:

• screen name
  • real name
  • order info (sculpt versions and quantities)
  • shipping address

UPDATE: Payment information for Chris Howes has been removed due to outstanding orders and lack up updates

Payments for Kuato's painting should be sent separately via Paypal to (UPDATE: Payment information for painting has been removed due to outstanding sculpt orders with Chris Howes, but please hold off on sending payments to Kuato for painting only until Chris Howes has completely finished the sculpt. Kuato is currently working painting a large batch of Batman TDK heads, and wants to get these caught up before beginning on this project.

Regular version:
summer.jpg

Season 2 battle-damaged version:
summer s2.jpg

River Tam version:
serenitypromo0053oq.jpg

Cameron regular list:
1. Cryoguns (SSF)
2. Dutch (SSF)
3. Darth Callous (MWD)
4. Etgts (OSW)
5. spyder (OSW)
6. DeltaForceChung x2 (Triad)
7. Smallville069 (OSW)
8. Ashton16 (OSW)
9. 16k - France resident (MWD)
10. ComeInNighthawk (MWD)
11. Raycel1 (MWD)
12. The Craw (SSF)
13. Kozin (MWD)
14. Brand X (Triad)
15. csommers (OSW)
16. Oneye (SSF)
17. Toylion (MWD)
18. Leviathan0999 (MWD)
19. qwaark x2 (MWD)
20. evilxlive (MWD)
21. Sixtus 56 x2 (SSF)
22. Kain's Ancient Blade - tenative (SSF)
23. BuffyGirl (SSF)
24. J3D1 - UK rsident (OSW)
25. roberbee - tentative, UK resident (MWD)
26. cottonbaler3bn (MWD)
27. dragonsleeper (SSF)
28. MwNN (SSF)
29. Jediguy (SSF)
30. dvdbirger (SSF)
31. seniram6 (MWD)
32. Talon65 - tentative (MWD)
33. Big Ape (SSF)
34. JoeSweden (SSF)
35. bauer24 (OSW)
36. Tengu Sniper (OSW)
37. RinYoko (Triad)
38. Hazardisone (MWD)
39. Brandybuck (SSF)
40. Skwerl (SSF)
41. Div Devlin (SSF)
42. Darkchylde80 (SSF)
43. Prime (SSF)
44. hakkersszz (SSF)

Cameron Battle-damage list:
1. Cryoguns (SSF)
2. Metaphorge (SSF)
3. Darth Callous (MWD)
4. DeltaForceChung (Triad)
5. ComeInNighthawk (MWD)
6. Smallville069 (OSW)
7. Brand X (Triad)
8. Oneye (SSF)
9. Sixtus 56 x2 (SSF)
10. BuffyGirl (SSF)
11. Kain's Ancient Blade - tentative (SSF)
12. dvdbirger (SSF)
13. LordAzrael (Triad)
14. Morbach (SSF)
15. JoeSweden (SSF)
16. Tengu Sniper (OSW)
17. Brandybuck (SSF)
18. JediGuy (SSF)
19. Darkchylde80 (SSF)
20. Mooncat (SSF)
21. hakkersszz (SSF)

rt0.JPG

Firefly River Tam list:
1. ProgMatinee - tentative (SSF)
2. Odowankenobi - tentative (SSF)
3. Migwit - tentative (SSF)
4. BuffyGirl - tentative (SSF)
5. Sci-Fi67 (SSF)
6. Happyboy (SSF)
7. LordAzrael (Triad)
8. JoeSwden (SSF)
9. Tengu Sniper (OSW)
10. Promising Galahad (SSF)

wax2.jpg

Summer bald/regular list:
1. warlordskeep x2 (MWD)
2. phantom11 (MWD)
3. minto gamgee (MWD)
4. cheridoll (MWD)
5. qwaark x2 (MWD)
6. HoloSuite (MWD)
7. koi999 x3 (MWD)
8. Tengu Sniper (OSW)
9. Skwerl (SSF)
10. Gruff Old Bear (SSF)

sgp1.jpg

Painted list (any version):
1. Cryoguns x2
2. Brand X x2
3. DeltaForceChung x2?
4. ComeInNightHawk x2
5. The Craw x1
6. csommers x1
7. Ashton16 x1
8. Oneye x2 *PAID
9. Toylion x1
10. koi999 x1
11. BuffyGirl x3
12. J3D1 - UK resident x1
13. dragonsleeper x1 - tentative
14. MwNN x1
15. Jediguy
16. dvdbirger x2
17. Happyboy x1
18. seniram6 x1
19. Talon65 x1 - tentative
20. Big Ape
21. ProgMatinee x1
22. Odowankenobi x1 - tentative
23. LordAzrael x2
24. JoeSweden x1 (River)
25. bauer24 x1
26. RinYoko x1
27. Brandybuck x2
28. Div Devlin x1
29. DarkChylde80 x2
30. Prime x1
31. hakkersszz x2

Summer.png

Chris Howes' website:
https://www.chowes.com/

Chris Howes' custom sculpts on SSF:
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34120&highlight=robert+downey
Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37796
Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne
Heath Ledger as the Joker (stern)
Heath Ledger as the Joker (licking)

Kuato's references:
Kuato's Paintworks and Customs thread at SSF

Interest thread at SSF
Interest thread at the OSW
Interest thread at MWD
Interest thread at Triad's forums

Last edited:
I am interested but i am no painter so if i get a head i would need someone to paint it for me, that's the only reason i am reconsidering. Any estimation how much it would be for the head painted after i pay the 20-35 dollars?

I am interested but i am no painter so if i get a head i would need someone to paint it for me, that's the only reason i am reconsidering. Any estimation how much it would be for the head painted after i pay the 20-35 dollars?

The painting fees are really up to the artist. There's several available artists (usually with reference work posted) in this thread if you'd like to check in with them:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21579

BTW, if you check the last couple pages of Chris's Bruce Wayne & Joker thread, you can see some incredible work by Kuato that's he's been doing for them.

I'm interested.

Though I have a feeling that somebody will pick up the Terminator:SSC license soon, making this kind of obsolete.

Cool - we're halfway there for interest in the regular version sculpt!

Dutch - I put you down as interested in a regular version...let me know if I need to change that.

'phorge - Shouldn't be a problem...I imagine it may take a week or two to gather enough interest, plus there'd be sculpting time and whatnot.

Someone on MWD had the great suggestion of seeing if the hair can be sculpted and cast separate from the head. This should work well for those who want to do it either way...I'll ask Chris if this is a possibility :)

Just a quick update...had a lot of interest from MWD and the OSW! The interest list has been updated. I'm going to make sure I can post this at Triad's forums later tonight as well since a member there expressed interest.

Anyway, we hit the minumum order on the regular version already! :joy I'll keep everyone updated as things progress!

yeah you'd better put down for a regular version. even though i have yet to put together any of my custom figures. i got parts and clothes everywhere but i never finish them.:lol
oh well. i'll get to them one day.

Hey guys,

This looks real interesting. My wife, Kim, is quite a fan of the show :D

Her hair is somewhat problematic. I'm considering casting in a flexible material if I can make it technically feasible so she can be posed without the hair trapping her head in one position. In my experience the best look is achieved by sculpting the hair in place, but it causes the aforementioned problem with rigid resin.

If we start with a standard version, then I can modify her for battle damage.

I hope there is enough interest, I'd love to sculpt her!

D'oh! Just saw we had the minimum....excellent!

Her hair is somewhat problematic. I'm considering casting in a flexible material if I can make it technically feasible so she can be posed without the hair trapping her head in one position. In my experience the best look is achieved by sculpting the hair in place, but it causes the aforementioned problem with rigid resin.

Good deal Chris...keep us updated on what you think you can work out. I think we'll be getting the best of both worlds if we have flexible hair as a separate part.

Added some more awesome news...Kuato is willing to do the paintwork for this head and give us a group discount! I have updated the original post with this info, but those who are interested in a paintjob are looking at $30 + $3 shipping for the paintwork.

Interested in both heads and having both painted.
What kind of payment would you take (i.e. PayPal)?

Unfortunately, I couldn't swing the funds until after the first of the year due to medical bills, but if that works out in the timeframe, then I'm in for a painted version of both if the sculpt comes out good.

Back