Possible commision thread for Spock, Kirk and Mc Coy by Chris Howes!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes the problem with licensed product is who is doing the approvals. The artist I have meet who did the SFM prototypes also resculpted the Kirk and Spock heads for the DST landing party statues. This is the small Kirk picture in the middle of the 5 pictured above. They had Kirk perfect, even better than the SFM sculpt. However Shatner wouldn't sign off on it and made them change it.

Here is a Kirk 1/6 and two different versions of Spock that are already available for $15 each from a member at the OSW. Both are pretty much dead on.

Have you seen these painted? Pretty much dead on is being very generous.

Yes, Shatner seems difficult to capture, but have trust! If somebody can do it, it's definitely Chris! :D
As for the sculpts shown here, I'm sure he can do better, especially for Shatner!

BTW, good news, we officially have a thread for this at OSW thanks to a fellow memver at MWD! :D hope it will speed things up!

Have you seen these painted? Pretty much dead on is being very generous.

Yes I have and I still think they look pretty good painted. Just trying to offer faster and cheap alternatives since the topic of other Star Trek head sculpts came up.

Here are mine painted.

toyadventurer, those Frontline/Maddox Trek heads are probably the best heads "available" that I have ever seen for 1:6 figures. Of course, like most custom heads, the paint apps can either accentuate it or kill it.
Alas, and most regrettably yruh8n, it appears that DST has killed off almost all hope that the SFM Trek sculpts/figures will ever see the light of day. A damn shame with all that they had planned and presented for the line. :mad:

Damn, how could I have missed this thread?
Of course I'm interested!
But I too would be more interested in full figures, or at least head-sculpts plus uniforms and boots. Bodies should be no problem to obtain.

Seeing the Spock sculpt gives me great hope, so count me in for all three!

Ironman, that is indeed sad news about the SFM figures.

Great, we're getting close!
Thank you Galacticboy and Abake! I'll add you immediately!
As for full figures, believe me, I'm trying but for the moment, I haven't had replies. In any case, boots won't probably be included, just the outfit... if I can strike a deal, that is!

Thanks, keep us posted dude, this is a great project!

Finding boots will be a ^^^^^ though, I haven't seen anything that even resembles those tall, pointy boots they wore...

Seems like the 12" figures from a few years ago had decent enough outfits.

Hello, I want to join your gang to purchase Kirk, Spock, and McCoy Head Sculpts by Chris. I never have any Star Trek figures so I don't know how good are those Original Series uniforms that were done by Playmates. Can those be used?

Reinhardt, you can see the uniforms better if you follow that link. Amy did them! I believe there's a mirror thread of this at OSW where the ranks can be better seen, but I have to find it.

https://menwithdolls.yuku.com/topic/5650

Welcome Nanjin! :D I'll add you immediately! I can't tell you about the Playmates as I didn't have them either, so I'm afraid others will have to help you here. However, I had the 9" and they were pretty good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back