Last crusade Motorcycle and sidecar custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Ron, and thank you Bmarz! Ive got some more detailed pics coming in the next day, especially of the engine bay for Rob. And dont worry Bmarz, there is alot I have learned since doing yours and
Dans, and now Robs, so your Indy bike redux will be very awsome, btw I got the job! I will now have more vacation time, more money(not much, but a little more) and more time in the nday to play with dollies! wop wop:clap:clap:clap:hi5:

Im working my last two weeks at the hobby shop(gonna miss this sweet discount) After that I will be getting off work at four in the afternoon, not eight at night, granted I go into work much earlier, still affords me more time for painting and customizing.

Also Bmarz, vader is officially underway, I believe I will create a thread on what I am doing to him, body mods, gloves, helmit(which is done already but Ill take more pics) so anyone wanting to replicate it can easily, plus making threads makes me feel important, like a big boy lol:cuckoo:

Congrats on the job! Glad to hear you have better hours and money, always good :). Very happy for you.

About the bike....What can i say... Aawweeessoommeeee! Love the engine oil parts. Glad to see ideas come to life. Will you put a little paint on the mudd too? Next to that would love some rust on the iron parts of the wheel if possible. Again very happy and don't mean to push it, but you love a challenge ;).

Best,

Robert

:happy!!!

Thanks Rob, and thanks figur5901. Yes I believe I can oblige with some rustiness on the wheels :) No prob at all.

Now for some slightly better pics, I took the bike to work and put it on the glass case, the combination of fluorescent overhead lights and the lights in the case really make the colors of the bike stand out and I think it shows the true colors(even though its not supposed to, go figure?). So without any further delay, heres some pics

Ok heres some pics of the sigils in progress, I am using very thin white paint and hand painting them, these are just the rough first steps, I will keep repainting them(about four coats) till they are nice and smooth and opaque, then go back and detail them with black then apply the dust and weathering over them

Good eyes buddy, they are indeed, as a matter of fact I turned my vader helm mod thrread into a "your " vader body mod as well, and thanks man. Your bike will soon look like this one :)

Thanks for the update. I notice tiny rustspots...love them:)

Thank Ron, and thanks Rob, theres tons of little details like that all over the bike, with alot more to come, I cnt wait to upload some newer pics, this weekend is gonna be a little light though, I am preparing for my new job, but towards the begining of next week Ill upload a few more detail shots. Still chugging along with the sigils then still have alot of final touches to do. Thanks everybody Im loving the feedback and input form everyone, definatly feel free to make coments or suggestions.

Ok after a week off to get used to my new job, which is better than the old one just a lot more physical. I got rolling on finishing the sidecar symbols and I screed everything together to see what it would look like. So heres some shots taken with my new phone.

Things I still have to do
- finish the headlight assembly
-Weather the tires with black so it looks like the rubber is showing through the layer of dust
-tint some parts of the bike a different shade so it looks as if some things were painted at different times
-final weathering with pastels
-Make Bbl the flag pole and broken piece of pole indy spears the pursuit bike with

Heres some more pics, keep in mind these , even though they are clearer than ever, they still make the color a little lighter than it actually is, the bike is a little darker and bluer that the pics show, still I guess, they get the idea across

Wow, this is going to be the center of my 1/6th collection! Everything i collected so far comes to shame. Wonderfull work! Really like the weathered look and how the metal parts come trhough. You have outdone yourself my man!

Best,

Robert

Thanks Rob, and thanks Brady, Heres some more update pics, Ive tweaked some of the paint apps, done some tinting washes and spot weathering, I also finished the headlight(sans glass cover, that goes on last). I have also made the tarp and weathered it, Ive yet to attaché that as well. I also have made the flagpole but haven't taken any pics yet. The opnly things to do are to finish the speedometer, do final weathering with chalks and that's about it. Should be done next weekend!

Back