Last Crusade Motorcycle and side car build

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just found this pic in an old post that is bit clearer.

FD43D512-58B7-4C7B-A51D-E076EEBC4E64-703-0000021E333BFF69.jpg

Maybe it is a short sword being held by a fist, similar to the BPRD logo, only upside down?

9969E031-FAF5-4480-9D47-112FFCA7F5EE-703-000002408BDD480D.jpg

I know right? I woulda thought i would have found a better pic of hasbros 3and3/4 inch version, but alas , no luck. But i believe i have somthing in more of an abstract flavor, that can be interperated by the observer. Anyways here are some more pics, with the symbols, minus the torch,arrow,sword thingy, and some more shots of progression witht the bike exhaust.

Heres a couple more pics of the bikmes after the weekend, big thanks to Dan for recreating the sigil for me, it helped tremendously!

And heres a couple more, hope they look good? aside from my horrible photography skillls, now i know why people go to school for photography lol

Thanks bmarz, thats bc i used real motor oil and real nazi mud. . . . .lol jk. Thanks guys, and havent worked the lance(flag pole) yet, but a trip to the local flag and banner shop, may yeild a mini flag pole with spear like tip and flag, kinda like those novelty mini flags you see on the desk or podium of a diplomat. Im thinking i might be able to find somthing that need little or no modification, just some dust and stuff, i may also include a bonus "broken" section, for when indy spears it into the front wheel spokes of the enamy biker. Ive also decided to just sculpt the lil serrated camera mount(almost looks like a gas can lid) there pretty easy to do. I will also repaint the speedometers and use some five minute epoxy to recreate the "glass" over op of them. All in all they should be done in about a week. You guys better take some pics of them with thier Jones crew,bc sadly i dont own an Indy or an Indy sr.

Alrighty, i tried to take some better pics, finished the little camera mount on the front of the sidecars, finished the headlights(non working ) and now all i have left is the number plates and spedometers. In the homestretch now.

Thank you Hemble, that means alot to me, yeah ive tried to go for a super real look to it, Still some more details to do, maybe ill try taking some pic outside to see how real they look.

Back at it this weekend, heres some shots of the headlight, speedometer on one of the bikes. Ive also included some shots from some different angles on the bike.

Some more shots of the bike and a few of a helmet i painted for an accessory kit for one of the customers.

And just for fun im trying to replicate the flag pole indy lances a Nazi with, and im also including the broken section he uses to stop a bike in one of the most spectacular and memorable way

Yeah i wont debate the physics, i for one believe that a wooden pole thrust through the bike spokes would just shatter like on mythbusters, still a very memorable scene. I have probably found the numbers to go on the liscence plates so i should be posting my final photos soon. These bikes have been a pleasure to build and paint and i look forward to seeing them make my clients happy.

Back