Last crusade Motorcycle and sidecar custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks figure5901 ! That's the idea, I love making these one of a kind pieces of art that are sure to be the pride and joy of anyones collection. Since
Greggo hasn't done one in a while I am more than happy to step in to fill the gap. Speaking of which I must credit Greggo with the inspiration for this project and my previous two bikes. Without his work and his tutorials on figure painting I wouldn't be where I am now, so a big thanks and credits go to Greggo, and Bmarz for always getting me to push my skills further and further. Now for a quick update. I finished the hub detail and fender work on the sidecar frame and primed it black. Once again I used citadel chaos black spray as its the toughest and best spray primer for models and figures out there.

Ok with the sidecar and frame done, back to the main bike. Continuing the seam line cleanup I have begun putty work on the front forks, and I also drilled out the tail pipes. You can also see where I have removed the headlight to prepare it for drilling out and bulb(non functioning) work.

Wow this is going to be the most awesome bike ever :). I wish i had a private plane so i'didn't have to use a postalservice to get this baby. Hope the front fender works outbas well. From the top of my head, the diagonal beams should be removed right?

Best,

Robert

I know what you mean Rob, I drove to Charleston from D.C. to pick mine up!

Not really; I was there to see friends but it worked out so well I'm doing the same thing in July to pick up my First Avenger Harley!

I'm not letting the US Postal Service play field hockey with my collectibles! ;)

Well the problem is, i'm from europe :(. I won't be visiting the us anytime soon.

Best,

Robert

I know what you mean Rob, I drove to Charleston from D.C. to pick mine up!

Not really; I was there to see friends but it worked out so well I'm doing the same thing in July to pick up my First Avenger Harley!

I'm not letting the US Postal Service play field hockey with my collectibles! ;)

Hah Id love to take a trip to amsterdam:peace hahah

And dont worry I am going to make sure this thing is solidly packed, the sender of the bike actually had it very well packed, so Im just going to use the same box and technique. Thanks Rob and thanks Brady, Paint apps coming soon. . . . .

Yeah Bbl, the fender doesnt have to be shortened, just the framing around it front and rear need to be taken off and a little lip put around the edge, Im going to tackle that tonight and prime the bike so shell be ready for paint apps this weekend woohoo:clap

Awesome, thanks for all the updates buddy!

Best,

Robert

Thanks Hemble

Now heres some of the front fender work, I removed the cageing around the fender then using a hand razor saw I cut the front fender down a bit. I then thinned the fender and used my muddy grass mixture to prepare it for weathering

Heres a couple more shots of the fender, I also took the back support for the braces off.

And now for the headlight, I first used a hole drill to drill it out, after drilling a pilot hole. I then used a sanding disc to clean it up, then finally a dremel fine sanding disc to further refine it to make it ready to accept the headlight interior peices

Superb, the way you reworked the front of the front fender. I'm a sucker for details. Wonderfull work again. You've made my day :).

Best,

Robert

Thanks Rob! I primed the bike today and will commence the painting process tonight. Im looking foward to walking through the painting process with many pics at all stages, this is where the fun part begins! Pics coming soon.

Alrighty, So I used Tamiya's field grey as a basecoat, it is sort of a greenish gray, After this basecoat I will apply light gray highlighting, followed by Tamiya buff streaking and along the bottom of the bike. This basecoat was applied via airbrush(iwata neo double action to be precise). Hope you enjoy the pics.

interjecting in between my paint apps, I made some mods to the bike bag, I cut off the solid top handle and made a more realistic one out of styrene strip. The bag straps were also missing, so I made some out of the same styrene strips, and cut some rod into disc's for the bolts

Details, details! I just love small details :). I've been running a small fever these days. This however makes me feel better. Thanks hoyt!

Aw man I hope you start feeling better, heres some more pics to help. So now Ive sprayed a light gray over the green, the pics don't do the tone justice, Ill have to play with the lighting a bit to try and reveal the true colors of the bike. Of course the bike will go through some tone washes and drybrushing that will darken andenhance the detail.

Back