Last Crusade Motorcycle and side car build

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LordRagnar

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello all, Im back after a little break(girlfriend woohoo):clap

This is my Last Crusade motorcycle build for my favorate client Bmarz. I will also build a second(whew now thats alot of bike) for a new customer Prettybigguy. So far so good. Ive corrected the side car and have prceded with the first basecoats, then weathering will start and so on. Greggos custom work as always is a huge help and inspiration, That man is a genius with a brush and sets the standard im trying to acheive. That being said please feel free to give me some input. Thanks guys!

Heres some pics of one of the sidecars basecoated, please bear in mind that the next stages of weathering will darken the bike back up. Hope she looks good so far?

Looking great! Are you altering the motorbike itself as well?

Seem to recall the sidecar bikes in both ROTLA and TLC are Dneprs - nothing really all that precise of a match in the available German or American 1/6 choices.

True about the bike used in the film but this one's as close as you can get. Plus, when Hoyt's done with it no one's going to care. I'm REALLY looking forward to this and can't wait to see new pics. Thanks Hoyt!

Thanks bmarz and yes i hope when im done, no one will notice the minor differences, plus i am altering the bike somewhat, by carving out the headlight and replacing it with a lens, and changing the numbers. Hers some pics of the sidecar after a few toneing washes, and the bike after its basecoat, please keep in mind that the bike wont look so garish and stark after i tone it down. Thank you swsqueakquels! im hoping that the complete package will look the part.

Looking good Ragnar!
The build-up of "crud" on the bottom of the sidecar tub looks amazing!

Thanks Dan, and thank you Figure5901! i thought that greggos bike was missing a little 3d mud and grass buildup, may not be super accurate, but then again im going for an imitation of reality, not replication. Thanks guys,Im putting some new pics up tonight, i hope they will be as awsome as i think they look, this bike is super fun to build and paint. Thasnk you for all your kind words, and please feel free to ask any questions or if anyone has suggestions id love to hear them.

As promised, some more pics of both bikes, found a ngreat lens for the headlight, all is going pretty smooth.

Wow! I can't wait to have this beauty in my grubby mitts. Hurry it up though; Germany's declared war on the Jones Boys and they don't have a ride! ;)

Thanks dude! Hope to have some new pics of the bikes in the next day or so. Bmarzs bike is done to the point of waiting for markings and final dusting with pigments and paint chipping and scratching. Dans sidecar and frame are basecoated and his bike is primed. Im trying to get them to the same leval so when i do the markings, final dusting, and scratches, i can equalize and make them about the same in terms of tone and detail. Im really enjoying these, and i cant wait to throw some "almost" finished bike pics up to see what you guys think.

Got the Harley, i cant wait to put some paint on that bad boy. Heres some more pics for you guys, the sidecars are getting to about the same leval. the lighter colored motorcycle is awaiting som oil paint washes and clearcoat. Now thats alot of Nazi bikes for the Jones Boys haha:hi5:

Anybody have any good stills or pics of the markings? Greggos seem to be a generic bomb streamer thing, then ive seen some crest that appear to be a sheild and a sword? Im having trouble finding the right design. Any help would be greatley appreciated!

Anybody have any good stills or pics of the markings? Greggos seem to be a generic bomb streamer thing, then ive seen some crest that appear to be a sheild and a sword? Im having trouble finding the right design. Any help would be greatley appreciated!

You might find something among these hi-res screen captures:

https://indyville.fi/elokuvat/vr/kuvakaappaukset/

Here's one I noticed:

815.jpg

Thank you kuat of kuat! still a lil fuzzy on if thats a sword, torch or bomb going thruogh the crest, but still, very helpful!

Greggo painted his up as a torch, but the more I look at it I keep going back to a quiver or arrows. Even the shape of the line between The dark and the light on the shield resembles a recurved bow.
What do you guys think?
Too bad there was no miniature made that exists in the Lucasfilm archives that could be photographed!

Back