Last crusade Motorcycle and sidecar custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright, that's enough showing off. I told you not to make it better than mine and then you start off with this "shortened fender flare"! Dang it! ;)

Can't wait to see it when it's done!

The TLC sidecar motorcycle is no longer outside in the "Prop Boneyard" at Disney's Hollywood Studios. They completely changed up that area when they opened the new Car Stunt Show.

The good news is that likely means the bike is no longer rotting and rusting away in the Central Florida elements. But the bad news is now we don't know where it is. :lol

Alright, that's enough showing off. I told you not to make it better than mine and then you start off with this "shortened fender flare"! Dang it! ;)

Can't wait to see it when it's done!

Aw bmarz im sorry :dunno
Its something that i just didnt notice on the origonal pics you sent me, but after BBL sent me a pic showing me the different wheel, i noticed that the fenders were so much shorter, something that should not detract from how freaking cool yours and dans bikes are, but yeah i couldnt believe i missed that. Its most likely due to the fact that the bike used was not a german bike, but a russian bike modified to look like a german bike.

Bbl, How do you get the little border thing at the bottom that says what you are looking for, for example, I would like to show "Looking for an enterbay 1/4 scale m134 minigun, feed chute, and bag" under all of my post. I am a computer dummy so i am not familiar with how to do that or what you call it. Thanks buddy.

Aw sweet:hi5: nevermind, i took a guess and it worked, yes I am the Timelord Eternal!!!!!! lol jk

Hah bbl your a gentleman and scholer :clap

Now for more pics, so there is this gasket that goes around the edges of the sidecar, im not sure if it is a safety precaution for the actors, or if its just that the way then Russian sidecar was made, either way its not present on the bike so we have to add it. I used some small silicone fuel linme from the shop and cut a slit in it and glued iut down the length of the edges of the sdidecar bucket

Now, taking a break from the sidecar(which is were most of the conversion work is) lets examine the bike. It wasn't in "mint" condition, the front forks had split on their seam line and there were several minor defects, but nothing that cant be fixed and then some. Ive taken photos of all of the seam lines that will be eliminated too, I just use emery board by stevens international(great website for all of your modeling needs, if you don't have a hobbytown or hobby lobby near you). Also the bag was missing its main straps, but once again , that's nothing I cant fix.

Nice update, and thanks fixing the for me major defects and for you minor :). Awesome work buddy.

Best,

Robert

Aw no prob Rob, heres a few more updates before I leave for the week on family matters. Ill be back by the weekend to bring more motorcycle goodness to the figure world.

So jumping back to the sidecar, I made the little knob thing that protrudes from the front of the car out of Duro epoxy putty, I made the basic shape and laid it on a sheet of styrene so it would dry flat, then shaped it with sanding sticks and a round metal needle file

And with that last detail I primed the sidecar , so now shes ready for paint! Ill wait and paint the bike all at once so well wait till I have finished the sidecar support and wheel and the main bike body. Heres some pics of the primed sidecar. I used citadel miniatures chaos black spray, its the toughest and best primer for minatures and models out there, I also included a photo of all the major tools I use, xacto knife, files, sanding sticks, good ole bob smith brand medium viscosity super glue and testors plastic cement, as well as lexan scissors(for cutting out basic styrene shapes).

Looking great and muddy :). Thank for the update.

Best,

Robert

Thanks bbl and thanks Hemble! Bbl is helping me make this one the very best yet! super screen accurate, I am alos trying to chroinicle exactly what I do to get the bike there in case anyone wants to give it a go, I have no secrets so if anyone wants to know how to do something please feel free to p.m. me, my inbox is very empty lol:monkey1

Anyways, heres a quick update before I head off for the week, the fender on the sidecar needs to be expanded, I used some styrene from an old sighn at my shop(that's why it has colorful print on it) I cut it to shape then chemically welded(. . .glued, chem welded just sounds cooler) it to the stock fender testors liquid cement. I used some red automotive putty to blend the seem. I waited until it was attached to finish shaping it and you can also see where I filled the hubcap with duro epoxy in preparation to sand it smooth and add some bolt detail.

Love the progress hoyt :). Will update with details soon :). Thanks buddy!

Thanks Bbl and thanks Bmarz. You know Bmarz if you ever come across another bike id be happy to do a redux version, How awesome would it be to have two lol or the old one could finance part of your collection, Im sure there are others out there who would want one of these babies too. Just a thought.

Also as I look at piocs of the screen bike I am beginning to realize that there are actually two different bikes, maybe more that appear. The most notable clue is the outside fender of the sidecar. If you look at some screenshots, I am noticeing that the fender in some has a different flare in the front that is not ribbed and also connected to the frame by a piece of flat metal. Then in some other shots it has the ribbed flare and no extra crossbrace. I suppose I am building the latter, mostly because that version appears most and it is also easier to ship the bike "broken" down, meaning that crossbrace would be very hard to replicate without permanently attaching the sidecar frame to the sidecar. And don't worry Bbl , I will include assembly instructions, The only thing you will have to do is use four screws to attache the sidecare to the frame, then two screws to attache the frame to the main bike. So if you can operate a Philips head screw driver(im sure you can) then its a snap :) , almost done with the sidecar frame, ill prime that tonight and snap some photos to load tomarow. Thanks again to everyone for there support and kind words. I cant wait till we get to the paint apps, that's were things get real exciting!

No thank you for all your work. A buddy of mine said they indeed used two bikes in those scene. The bike where Indy and his dad talk is different from the action scenes. I'll try to put the points on the i's this weekend and try to look closely to the main bike for possible add ons. Then onto painting! This is getting more exciting by the minute :)

I unscrewed the bike i have at home as well to check for damages so it'll work :)

Best,

Robert

Back