1/6 Captain America Harley motorcycle Custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like a knuckle sammich from uncle sam christmas tree. . .heck yeah!

Heres some more pics, with Star, its an old decal from a testors model airplane. next up is the hoses for the rear tanks, which i am begining to think are like N02 tanks or something, idk i need to watch the movie a couple more times

Just finished the ammo box and the last little what looks like aq smoke launcher box on the rear, will post pics tonight! Brady your gonna love this thing!

Heres the box and rear little round thingy(its a technical term. . . :monkey1)
Basecoated and initial spray of od green

This is looking cooler and cooler. I am keeping a close eye on this to steal some cool ideas for my ultimate cycle to fill it up with all those details :)
A3383942-A92E-40BB-A6E3-DF57BCF402FB-6009-0000049ABDC5008D.jpg

But it will never be as crazy detailed as yours. What reference pics are you using?
Does anyone have a suggestion of where to get the star decal from?
I will loose it when repainting like you did. Is there an online decal shop someone has experience with?

Are you going to make the headlight work?

Last edited:
Sorry its taken me a while to get back with some updates, life has a way of sucking sometimes :dunno. And dude that bike looks awsome! Yeah i put alot of work into mine, and with a couple of aditions, yours will too! The sadle bags from the hasbro bike would look great on that one and a repaint wouldnt be bad either, but that bike is a great start. What manufacture is it? And yeah the decals i just had from a 1/48 scale kingfisher os2u airplane kit from revell, you can find it at most hobby shops for about $12.00. Easy peasy stars.

Bmarz provided me with great refence pics, in fact we just discovered a rocket nozle i need to add to the bike thanks to his intreped (sp?) research. :whip
Heres some more pics of the finished front end, now hmmmm. . . . .i need to make a rocket nozle capable of outruning nazi soldiers you say?

TYhanks mighty Q! it was a blast to build, i hope Bmarz is going to love it :). Feel free to ask me any questions and please know im always available for custom work such as this.

Most of the reference pics I've supplied Hoyt are from the actual film-used Harley which is located in the Harley Museum in Milwaukee. My buddy lives up there and has taken pics of all the details I've asked for. If anyone wants them for their customs shoot me a PM. Thanks.

They are the best! Thanks Brady, well folks here are some more pics of the bike, as well as some of the darkened leather items, Bmarz got me some better reference pics so now there are changes needing to be made to the front assembly, the addition of a jet booster(to get to the fight faster, definatly not for running away from the enemy. . . .) and the leather items needed to be darkened

Heres some pics of the finished jet booster as well as all of the darkened leather items back on the bike. The only thing left now is modding the headlight cluster and this baby is done. . . . .I think lol

really great!
But I would also try to make the surface more metal-like or shinier or something like that.

Thanks for the input Yavanna, :) the actual bike has a U.S. army olive drab paint app on it which is quite dull. I know what you mean though, the hardest part of model building is making something plastic look like its metal, yet painted. Taking what you said into consideration I may do a technique called "metalizing". It is very subtle, and basically consist of using powdered graphite (just scraping a pencil onto sand paper to build a little pile of graphite) and taking some on your fingertip and rubbing it over the outer edges of some of the harder wearing surfaces. I did that to Bmarz's indy bike. The Cap bike is far more restrained in the weathering department but I may do some of that, just to give it an almost subconscious look of metal. I still have the headlight cluster to fix and some final bottom dusting to simulate the road surface wich the bike was on. The base of the bike is nice but I am going to make the surface look like the dirt road Cap was was riding on, so a little light dusting on the bottom of the bike will tie it in. But I will have to restrain my weathering at the request of the client and bc in the movie the bike basically came out of the factory shipping container. Thanks for you input and I love hearing what people think and anyone please feel free to comment or post questions.

The bike is done and I couldn't be happier. Big "thanks" to LordRagnar for all his dedication and skills. On to the pics...

Last edited:
Back