Gollum Premium Format, Link to waitlist in 1st post...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup thanks, grabbed one yesterday. It says "Checking Inventory" now so may be very few left, if any.

Is it generally considered 'safe' to pick up a statue through Sideshow after the inventory goes on hiatus for a period of time like this and then suddenly reappears back in stock? I mean did the ship just deliver a late bunch from China? Did they just find a few extra boxes tucked away in the back of their massive warehouse somewhere or could it be due to a return? If it's a return... why was it returned? Seller had too much store inventory? Or Collector decided he couldn't live with a little paint defect so decided to get his money back when he could no longer exchange? So many questions. Just wanted to know what people think because I may have another option for getting this right now but may pay a little more.

I don't have any firsthand knowledge because I've always pre-ordered everything and gotten them in the first batch, but there's been more than a few anecdotes (on the website as a whole, not the LOTR forum specifically) of people receiving what seems to be other people's returns.

:dunno

Is it generally considered 'safe' to pick up a statue through Sideshow after the inventory goes on hiatus for a period of time like this and then suddenly reappears back in stock? I mean did the ship just deliver a late bunch from China? Did they just find a few extra boxes tucked away in the back of their massive warehouse somewhere or could it be due to a return? If it's a return... why was it returned? Seller had too much store inventory? Or Collector decided he couldn't live with a little paint defect so decided to get his money back when he could no longer exchange? So many questions. Just wanted to know what people think because I may have another option for getting this right now but may pay a little more.

I just ordered one from the last batch that came back in stock. I was hesitant to order, due to the possible risk of receiving a return. I should have my gollum pf by this coming Monday. I will let you know how it looks.
The only other option I had was to buy one from Ebay for $100.00 above retail.
I ordered, and returned a Psylocke pf a while back. I have a pretty good hunch that it was somebody elses return. I wish that Sideshow would provide some clarification to customers if the statue is indeed a returned item.
I've got my fingers crossed that there aren't any issues when mine arrives.

Thanks Danielson. I would be interested hearing back how you think it looks when you get it. Good luck, I'm sure it'll be fine.

May have to get him I saw he was back in stock. It's a debate if I should...

No debate ApemanRyan :wave...you should, IMHO.

This piece rocks :rock

DSC01885_Bill.jpg

Get it...you won't regret doing so. :wink1:

:duff
Bill

I know but how else could they charge $300 for it. :wacky :lol

heh $300 isnt too bad, since you get 2 bodies. There are far worse value-traps from sideshow's releases.

i should probably pickup a second one for storage especially with the 2 body poses now that this is becoming rarer, but also trying to wind down getting more lotr stuff..

:panic:

heh $300 isnt too bad, since you get 2 bodies. There are far worse value-traps from sideshow's releases...

Considering you get a statue and a bust, I agree, the value isn't bad.

Yep, I can't ague with you there Naz. :wave

This would have been nice as second base IMHO

Gollum_Smeagol.png

Smeagol_FP_SecondBase_Mock-up_zpsb21c5d26.jpg

:duff
Bill

Two full smaller statues like this instead of the larger rock and bust would certainly have been cooler and preferred. :hi5: But honestly, I'm ok with what we got. I don't display the bust version anyway, just got one main figure on display.

Thanks Danielson. I would be interested hearing back how you think it looks when you get it. Good luck, I'm sure it'll be fine.

I just got home from a wilderness survival course (-35 temps) and opened # 456/1000. After a thorough inspection I am happy to say that there are no issues what so ever. The paint apps are tight...no flaws or damages. My initial fears and concerns have been replaced with the excitement of owning a real quality piece...it certainly wasn't a return.

Hope you get one at a reasonable price for your collection. Now I need to track down a Lurtz pf.

Back