Gollum Premium Format, Link to waitlist in 1st post...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the gollum, you enter a promo code upon checkout and the item is discounted by 299.99 which means it is free. My friend in NY got it. I did not, as usual. :)

I believed this is what inuka is mentioning about.

i am happy sideshow finally added this as an legit item instead of doing under the table secret edition size.

great piece, there is no difference between this and domestic except the base texts if anyone is worried.

For the gollum, you enter a promo code upon checkout and the item is discounted by 299.99 which means it is free. My friend in NY got it. I did not, as usual. :)

I believed this is what inuka is mentioning about.

Nice, I wish I'd gotten a code

What's the difference between International and Domestic editions ?

Thanks

Think this might answers your question Webb :wave

:duff
Bill

There have been some questions on just what were the differences between the Domestic and International versions of the Gollum/Smeagol PFs.

As I have recently received a second one (this time an International version) to go with my Domestic one.

I took some shots to show you guys, just what differences there were or in this case weren't. :cuckoo:

The one on the left is the International version in all cases.

DSC01885_Bill.jpg

DSC01886_Bill.jpg

DSC01887_Bill.jpg

DSC01889_Bill.jpg

DSC01890_Base_Bill.jpg

As you can see, the rock formation is the same for both

(apart from the paint aps, as you might expect).

The only difference between them is under the base.

The International version has 'International Version' printed on it (just over the LOTR logo).

Where as the Domestic one has nothing (that I can see) on it to show it is the Domestic version (other than an ES of 500, that is).

:beer
Bill

So WTF happened ?

more than a month of dealing with cs, replacement look worse than the previous one(orange skin, missing paint detail, more paint defects). Refuse to just send me a new one with matching body/leg color. Luckily this became in stock again. I returned the whole **** thing, broke all the replacements, then ordered a brand new one as a separate order which luckily has no paint issue and looks perfect(like winning the lottery). Extra $40 shipping wasted, still waiting on refund. My first dealing with sideshow CS, underwhelming.

FYI, sideshow will not send you a retail replacement if you have problems, they have a separate stash for replacement parts, and in this case the quality is a joke, it's painted with an almost orange skin tone and many paint details like the dots on his hand/chest etc.. are missing.

more than a month of dealing with cs, replacement look worse than the previous one(orange skin, missing paint detail, more paint defects). Refuse to just send me a new one with matching body/leg color. Luckily this became in stock again. I returned the whole **** thing, broke all the replacements, then ordered a brand new one as a separate order which luckily has no paint issue and looks perfect(like winning the lottery). Extra $40 shipping wasted, still waiting on refund. My first dealing with sideshow CS, underwhelming.

FYI, sideshow will not send you a retail replacement if you have problems, they have a separate stash for replacement parts, and in this case the quality is a joke, it's painted with an almost orange skin tone and many paint details like the dots on his hand/chest etc.. are missing.

I had a similar experience just recently, I got it resolved in the "Ask Sideshow" forum, but my replacement turned out to be just as bad too... :dunno

I had a similar experience just recently, I got it resolved in the "Ask Sideshow" forum, but my replacement turned out to be just as bad too... :dunno

ouch. Does SSC send a replacement for the replacement figure as well ? Or how did you resolved it ?

1) Dont bother getting more replacements, their replacement stash is no good and in this case you will not have matching colors for the leg and body.

2) Dont settle, return it to sideshow for a full refund then ask the cs to place a new order for you (you cant do it from website after having an existing order). You have to pay shipping again but i think it's worth it to get a good piece.

3) Dont use email, it takes days for them to respond and sometime it's ignored completely. Call them directly.

Sideshow's paint/qc has been a joke lately. Even the $1100 optimus prime i got recently the paint was disappointing, this compared to their old pieces like the starcraft marine which is similar in complexity and almost perfect paint. Quite sad really how far down they went.

Last edited:
Back